Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/13/2005, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

truth putting on it's pants now...

Hi,

It's my first time posting and you'll find out why in a moment.
I'm the winner of the auction that started this post. Ebay item #7181685614.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

My tnguy203 userid is the same one I used to sign up for this BBS as well as ebay, and my email as well.

The only reason I'm posting is because I am tire of getting emails (more than a couple) through ebay's Question from ebay Member like this one:

"Question from liquidkid9
Important information regarding the fraudulent coral that you are
bidding on, please consider canceling your bid before you get
thiefed
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=667184"

I am aware of the photoshopping, scamming, dying, lighting, and faking abilities of internet cons out there. It's a lot easier to dodge all that by doing business in person. If you see it with your own eyes then there's not much to dispute if you end up buying the coral. I came, I saw, everything matched the description in the ad, I talked to the wildlife brothers running what looked like the cleanest zoo and aquarium I ever saw, I went home and bid, and behold I won the auction sometime last night. This morning I come over to pick up my coral and everything was still the same color as it was when I saw it before. Quite frankly, the tanks have a lot of stuff that I'd bid on again if it went on sale... just got to see it in person to believe it. As it was, I paid, saved some money on shipping/paypal fees, and went home happy.

Nice doing business in person, you find out sometimes you don't need to assume the worse of people on the internet.

The cup is not always half empty... the same cannot be said of my inbox. Sometimes it fills up with unsolicited emails, I do not know the members of this BBS nor do I really care unless you would like to do business (in person, sometime). Next time, please give the bidder/buyer the benefit of the doubt if they want to purchase something on ebay without being bombarded w/ emails. It's one thing to question a seller's reputation, but when they have a solid rating and have sold stuff like this before AND are willing to show you what the piece looks like before the auction ends, it seems pretty legit to me. Any mudraking emails and tribunals on forums almost sounds like the spam emails that question the size of your member... unsolicited and unappreciated.

That's my $.02 because someone asked me to look and reply at this forum post. Now if you excuse me for not answering any more absurd questions, I'll be in front of my 24" nanocube enjoying my rainbow acan while stroking my 7 and 3/4 member thank you very much.
Old 09/13/2005, 04:50 PM
why can't i love???

wow. that was the most blatent attempt at scam-ola i have ever seen. now that you own the "bluest coral on the planet" then maybe you would like to post a pic of it. let me beat you to it...you will have some reason (just like the buyer) that you do not post a pic. we will never see any "real" pics of this coral and i (and every one else for that matter) on this board do not believe that this is the winning bidder. if it is post a pic of the coral in your nano cube....ohh.wait....thats still to hard. HAHAHA good try man.

sad stuff but i hope i helped some one from getting burned and unlike our new member up there i would be thanking every one who was willing to go out of their way to warn me. good job RC junkies i think this one is in the bag.
Old 09/13/2005, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Mummra I feel your pain. I have been to Fresno. Let it go dude. I really see no reason to keep this thread open.
Old 09/13/2005, 04:55 PM
why can't i love???

what pain? you should see what i have in my display at home (all came from fresno lfs).

all these are locally bought.

give it up for fresno.

Old 09/13/2005, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Confooseld
It's a phrase that originated with gamers and leeched into mainstream society. Don't make yourself look foolish.
Actually there young'un, it is not confooseld that looks foolish. Anyone in there 30's or so should readily recognize that it came way before you hipster gamers. Shaggy was throwing "ubers" around on Scooby-Doo before you were even a single-cell organism.
Old 09/13/2005, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Ya we have those up here as well. 50-60.00 Dollars. Only over benjamin if it ir really large. Nice looking tank by the way.
Old 09/13/2005, 05:14 PM
why can't i love???

hey thanx and i do not speak price but lets just say i never spend more than $100.00 for any coral.
Old 09/13/2005, 05:24 PM
Psuedo Member

thanks for the clarification on the word uber. I figured it meant super duper or something along those lines. Its tough getting old and losing grasp of the 'hip' words and treds. Im still a big fan of the word wicked...uber seems too coffee house geek trendy.

Mum-awesome tank! I love those micros and acans...i only wish we could get pieces like that in over here. Everyone is still hung up on acros and stupid crap like 'the rare superman danea'! to me those peices are nothing more than overpriced montis...but thats my opinion.
Old 09/13/2005, 05:53 PM
Moved On

I need to shop Fresno if you are picking up Lord and Micro colonies for less then $100 Retail!
Old 09/13/2005, 08:17 PM
Moved On

me too,
"better yet lets get a hold of the buyer and see how much he likes his new coral." and he did. byt those are pretty common stuff in your tank mummra, but that's a good looking tank.
Old 09/13/2005, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

So nice to see such wonderful, non-competitive coral collecting......

.....while this thread has gone from photoshop to masturbation....it's time to go
Old 09/13/2005, 10:13 PM
why can't i love???

this thread is done. now you are trying to bait me. my tank is full of corals i like so who cares how "rare" they are. i sure would like to see some full tank shots of your reef bbulldog (ohh...i would bet that won't happen). good game on your attempt to bait me just cause i don't own the one and only "blue moon enchinata".lol

i wonder if anybody who can will post pics of this coral or maybe they are ok with leaving every one with the opinion they have for now on this coral.

here is a pick of one of my more "common" micros.hahaha
thats a night shot btw. 100 % actinic (but we could tell that)

Old 09/13/2005, 10:39 PM
Premium Member

Reefer Madness does this all the time, but they have some kind of disclaimer about the kind of lighting it is taken under. For instance, here's what they posted:

Here's what I got:

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with it, just mislead...
Old 09/13/2005, 10:43 PM
why can't i love???

i have seen that as well. their pics look a little to crisp as well. i like your pic better as the pastel colors look better than the fire and ice they made it look like.
Old 09/13/2005, 11:24 PM
Premium Member

Thanks.
Old 09/13/2005, 11:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stevedola
Everyone is still hung up on acros and stupid crap like 'the rare superman danea'! to me those peices are nothing more than overpriced montis...but thats my opinion.
that is so true and it annoys me so much. I feel your pain
there is one thing sticks are good for making rock for acans to grow on
Old 09/13/2005, 11:58 PM
Moderator Clone

I'd like to remind everyone that we here on ReefCentral appreciate it if you register under only one name. In fact, registering a second name to argue/incite/hype is a bannable offense.

I will anxiously await a PM or two from folks on this thread telling me which of their "shared" names they want to have removed. Otherwise, I'll be removing posting privileges from all related accounts.

This is a one-time offer. Take it or lose out on RC.

Kevin
Anemone
RC Staff

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!