Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Virginia Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2007, 09:34 PM
titankinetics.com

Unhappy Tunes 6025 clips?

Hey guy's just wanted to find out if anybody else is having the same problem with the clips cracking on the 6025.
I talked to someone else who know bought the same Tunes and he also had the same problem. Tunes is known for making good stuff and everyelse that I have bought with Tunes on the box has been great. I guess that I will have to go to Tunes to see is there is a fault with the clips.
Ade
Old 12/26/2007, 10:13 PM
I bleed orange and maroon

yeah, its their fault with the clips.

i'm on my 4th or 5th set of clips for my two 6025's, which i've had for about 14months.

i've had the little tabs on them break....those little things that insert into the magnet. and i've also had the arms break.

they are VERY good at replacing them though, i just got 2 new ones just last week during the busy x-mas package shipping rush. only took a couple of days to receive them. just let Roger know over in the Tunze forum.

i've also had to replace the motor half of the nanostream about 3 or 4 times. mostly due to broken shafts.

the only thing that is keeping me using them is their great customer service and expedited shipping when it comes to replacement parts.

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!
Old 12/27/2007, 09:47 AM
titankinetics.com

Thanks, that is good to know.
Old 12/27/2007, 06:59 PM
Registered Member.

Yeah mine just broke again last week need to contact roger again to send me a new one. I'm on my 3rd set. They keep breaking on me.
Old 12/27/2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hypertek99
Yeah mine just broke again last week need to contact roger again to send me a new one. I'm on my 3rd set. They keep breaking on me.
i don't know about you.......but *they* keep telling me they are sending me the new and improved model......but in reality, they just sent me the exact same thing that broke.....as they are trying to empty their shelves of all the obsolete replacement parts before they part with the real new and improved replacement parts.

over the summer, i was shipped 2 new motors that were supposed to have the new german stainless steal shafts......but they broke after 2 months. roger said his new employee must have *accidently* sent me the wrong thing........sigh......

same goes with the clips.....they keep telling me these are the new ones and wont break......but they eventually do.....

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!
Old 12/27/2007, 07:11 PM
Registered Member.

I wish they would just design a whole new c bracket that's one piece with the magnet.
Old 12/27/2007, 10:18 PM
titankinetics.com

So do you have to send the old bracket for Roger to send you a new one?
Old 12/27/2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ade
So do you have to send the old bracket for Roger to send you a new one?
he just sends me new ones. the first time i had to send him my old motors that broke....but then he just started sending me the replacements as i asked for them......and i tossed the broken stuff in the trash.

usually if i include a picture of the broken part and my address in the PM, the part gets shipped out the same day he reads it.

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!
Old 12/27/2007, 11:11 PM
Registered Member.

Yeah he usually just sends me the new part.
Old 12/28/2007, 12:18 PM
titankinetics.com

PM'd Roger and had a super fast reply. He is going to ship-out replacement after the new year. You are right Alex, Tunes customer service is A1. Plus I think that their product is great also. Just a little brown nosing, being as they are doing me right.