Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Virginia Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/18/2007, 03:13 PM
You Load 16Tons...

free frags

hey guys, i'm finally back.

i finally have a semblance of a tank set back up (was supposed to be just a bare rock tank to rehabilitate and re-coralline some old cooked rock, but corals worked their way in too eventually), and am already ready to do some chopping. on the block is a bright canary yellow porites that i need to chop down just because. so i have ~6 finger-sized frags of it that need homes and are fair game to anyone. it's a great newbie coral and can live in practically any tank with any light i think, so don't be shy or afraid it'll die in your tank.

sorry i haven't gotten those reactors done yet. i figure everyone knows me well enough to know i wasn't just taking the money and running (i would have asked for more if that was the plan ). work/money/... has been pretty rough lately and i haven't been able to force myself to sit down and get it done. but i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. i'll toss in an extra toy or something to make up for the wait....though if it's been too long and plans have changed and you'd rather have the cash back let me know, it's *no* problem whatsoever. the time was actually kinda good because i've refined the design a bit in my head and they'll be that much cooler.
Old 12/18/2007, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

I'm down for a frag of that!! I don't have anything yellow. Let me know how to get in on that deal. I have some corals if you would like a trade. Glad you are back...
Old 12/18/2007, 03:59 PM
You Load 16Tons...

not really looking for any new corals for a while, but maybe in the future once my tank is running full steam.

i'll be driving past roanoke to head home to tidewater for xmas. i could probably stop in to drop it off then. not sure exactly when that will be though. if any roanokers are by blacksburg for other business i can give them a few to take back and spread around.
Old 12/18/2007, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Sweetness!!! Yeah I could be the roanoke drop off for you if you want or if we have other takers. Just let me know and I'll make myself available. If anyone backs out on a reactor that you made let me know.... I'll pick it up from you
Old 12/18/2007, 04:41 PM
wm3.org

Hey Matt ... Was going to send a search party out to make sure everything was ok ... I am out that way just about everyday so I wouldn't mind picking some stuff up ...

Glad to see ya back on the boards...
Old 12/18/2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

ARE YOU WILLING TO SHIP A FRAG OF THE PORITIES?
WILL PAY FOR THE SHIPPING
Old 12/18/2007, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Hey Matt,

If there is enough to go around I would also like a piece. Yellow would be a nice addition.

Pick up may be an issue, unless someone would hold a piece for me till I can pick it up.
Old 12/18/2007, 06:09 PM
wm3.org

Quote:
Originally posted by dadyoj21
Hey Matt,

If there is enough to go around I would also like a piece. Yellow would be a nice addition.

Pick up may be an issue, unless someone would hold a piece for me till I can pick it up.
I could/will hold it for ya Jorge... If thats doable ..
Old 12/18/2007, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

I figured you would Eric, and would most certainly be appreciated
Old 12/18/2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

I definitely would like one if there are any left. I am also in Blacksburg and would love to come by and check out the new set-up as well.
Old 12/18/2007, 07:26 PM
wm3.org

Quote:
Originally posted by vetdog
I definitely would like one if there are any left. I am also in Blacksburg and would love to come by and check out the new set-up as well.
All the missing members are showing up in one day... Awesome to see you back on the boards as well !!...
Old 12/18/2007, 08:25 PM
titankinetics.com

Give out free frags and they will come. I think that it is Matt, he is like the holy grail. We might be able to get a good turn out at the next meet if Matt is there.
Old 12/18/2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Hey Matt, I'll take a roast beef sandwich and a frag any time. By the way, the brick on the laptop almost completely died today so i drove on over to Adrians work and even though he was hurtin he fixed it. Now I have one for the house and one for the car. Very happy to hear that you are" seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. " Michael R
Old 12/18/2007, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

yeah save me one 2 buddy- IM Game
Old 12/19/2007, 10:13 AM
You Load 16Tons...

i'm at 1123 south main st apt c (almost across from lefty's/vincent's). you can see the lights from my tank though the front window facing main street. just pull in on cohee, then into the parking lot behind the apartment buildings. there's a stack of cinder blocks right next to my door, and a cat door set in plywood in the window there.

just give me a ring first to make sure i'm there-
540-921-7601

-matt
Old 12/20/2007, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

If there are any left, i would like to get a piece now that i think i have my problem tank under control.... its time to restock!
Old 12/21/2007, 01:53 AM
You Load 16Tons...

sure thing. just swing by whenever. i work from home so i'm pretty much always here, though call first just to make sure.
Old 12/26/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Hey Matt, just wanted to make sue you still had a frag left of the porites. I was out of town for the holidays, and just got back!
Old 12/27/2007, 01:24 AM
You Load 16Tons...

yup, still got plenty....
Old 12/27/2007, 01:33 AM
You Load 16Tons...

though i killed my cell phone while home for xmas, so call my office line instead- 951-8870
Old 12/28/2007, 12:04 AM
Premium Member

Matt,

I'd love to have a porite frag. I will be in Blacksburg on 1-12 and could pick up then. Also, Jorge has posted an interest in a frag. I live near him and, perhaps, could piggyback on any arrangements that he might make with you.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 12/28/2007, 09:24 PM
You Load 16Tons...

sure thing.

i got a replacement cell phone. my number is the same as before 540-921-7601 but i lost all my contacts. so if you want me to have your number, send me a PM or just call me...
Old 01/01/2008, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Hey Matt,

I'd like to get in on this too. Any left? I may be coming to Blacksburg to visit my son at Tech soon.

John
Old 01/01/2008, 10:22 PM
You Load 16Tons...

sure thing. i have plenty for everyone.
Old 01/02/2008, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Hey, Matt, Dave from east TN. Was thinking about you after seeing how much that blue-tipped pink mille has grown and thought I'd check y'all forum. I also still have that blue acro that just keeps encrusting and finally shot a few short branches out after (what's it been now?) 3 years.

From you initial post, it sounds like your tank crashed earlier. Tell me it isn't so! If you've lost anything and need a replacement or some help getting back on-line, I'd gladly ship you some free frags. Anyways, take care!

Dave