Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/31/2007, 11:45 AM
WTMRAC President/Thug

I'm always looking for SPS like acro's and digitatas. Encrusting and plating corals are also good ones. What I've been doing now is trying to get some color and texture low in the tank and have been looking for ric's and lps. PM me with what your offering and thanks for the interest!
B
Old 12/31/2007, 12:18 PM

Maybe start a thread dedicated to donations and link to it here. So many great reef keepers would love to donate.
Old 12/31/2007, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

I'm sorry if I've missed it somewhere (I haven't had time to search the entire thread), but how are you on livestock?

I am shutting down a 220 gallon reef sometime soon, and I have four large fish that I am looking for a good home for. They are more like my pets rather than "just fish," and I want them to have a large, healthy system to spend their days in.

I have a very large yellow tang...he is in the ballpark of about 7-8 inches and is just gorgeous. I've never seen one so large, no exaggerating. I also have about an 8 inch male Naso tang, a 6-7 inch Magnificent Foxface, and a 5-6 inch Powder Blue tang. All are healthy, brightly colored and fat. I also have a Starry Blenny that could come along for the ride. All are pretty well behaved.

Would you be interested in a donation of these fish for your hospital? I am in Illinois and it might take me a little while before I can get them to you, but it would be within the next couple of months or so.
Old 01/06/2008, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

Bump
Old 01/07/2008, 08:14 AM
WTMRAC President/Thug

Sorry everyone for the lack of contact. My computer died and all I have to use is the computer at work till mine is resurrected.

jnarowe= I was thinking about a tread for frags but was thinking that it was in violation of RC rules so I didn't. Maybe i'm wrong but I just thought it better to keep frag requests to this thread.
MIchelleL= I'll gladly tank your fish! What I can't use in the CCC I can put in the other two tanks we have. Just let me know closer to time and I'll get you set up.
Thanks again,
B
Old 01/07/2008, 10:34 AM

doesn't hurt to ask, especially when it is a good cause. even better, just try it and see what happens!
Old 01/07/2008, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Just curious, but what fish and corals do you have in the tank as of now? Would it be too much to post a stock list? I also think it might be good to put up signs that have a picture of the fish or coral along with the name, where it's found, size ect. It might help the kids to get some brain activity trying to "Find the Fish."

Just an idea

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears

Rehab is for quitters.

I like the smell of a particularly ripe fart (only if it is mine).~BrianD