Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/05/2008, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Deb91
Wow those do look huge in there !That does sound like over kill to me also.Why don't you post that question in the newbie forum? I bet you are dying for the live rock to come. Thats when I think the fun really starts when you spend hours looking for little critters and other good stuff that hichiked on your live rock! Meanwhile your friends and family are going to think you are a mental case lol! Who nows maybe we all are!

thanks Deb. the rock is actually a dry base rock.

www.marcorocks.com

i plan on curing it in a 20g trashcan until i get the rest of my build finished. ill probably seed the dry rock with some fully cured Kaelini from Premium Aquatics.
Old 01/05/2008, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mathias999us
Wow, you're really moving along there - ordered rock already. Maybe I missed it, but I thought you weren't going to set this up and running until next summer after you moved or something.

Looks good though. I've got close to 60x turnover in my new tank I'm cycling right now, and I have similar hopes for livestock also. I'll let you know how it goes...

yeah about a month ago it was decided that the moving plans were bunk. which is nice really because it allows me to speed my build up a bit and use the closet that i was wanting to convert to a mini-fish room. im curious to see how the flow works for you once you start stocking. im kind of starting to wish i went with a pair of tunze 6025s instead.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

my Marco rock arrived today. waaaay better than i had even expected. the sizes were perfect and the amount of rock you get is amazing. easily 2x as much weight vs. wet live rock. this is the coolest looking rock ive ever seen. i cant wait to see it covered in coralline. anyways, here are a some pics.

unpacking...

unboxed...

Old 01/08/2008, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

hardly any rubble due to shipping...and even UPS!

Old 01/08/2008, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

quick aquascaping, just to see how 25lbs of dry fills up the 30g

Old 01/08/2008, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

as soon as i get my order from the Drs. ill have the rest of what i need to get my rock curing. i also need to head over to HD and pick up a 20g trashcan. once the marco rock is fully cured i plan to seed it with some Kaelini from Premium Aquatics, then let all the rock cycle once more in-tank. i think ive actually got too much rock, i was going for a more open aquascaping. oh well.
Old 01/10/2008, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

got my black velvet cutains in today for some final measurements and adjustments. they should be finished and up hopefully by next week. at least that way i can finaly cover up that closet a little bit. next update will have pics.
Old 01/10/2008, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Coming along good siwelk, keep us updated when you can!