Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers

Old 01/11/2008, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Illinois virtually vacationing

Hi! John here.North Central Illinois calling.Cold and snowy out here.Haven't been to California since the 70's when I was a youngster.My Grandmother owned Aletano's on Laurel Canyon and Victory Blvd., until she passed.I remember a big biker named Jerry that was her head cook.Went water skiing on Pyramid lake?Is that right? I remember Paradise Cove with the semi-circle house jutting from the rocks above,and the tide seperating the clothed people from the non-clothed.And Hollywood Boulevard was pretty cool for a kid of my age at that time.Like a bowl of Granola,Fruits,Nuts,and Flakes!Love to come out again sometime,John
Old 01/11/2008, 05:58 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
LA looks nothing like it did in the 70's... hahahaha

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 01/11/2008, 06:18 PM

Hi John.. what are you waiting for??? Come on over and enjoy the SoCal sun! by the way, I live about 10 blocks from Victory and Laurel Cyn! I don't know what it looked like back in the 70's but today, you don't want to be in that area after six...
Old 01/11/2008, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Re: Illinois virtually vacationing

Quote:
Originally posted by john eichwedel
Hi! John here.North Central Illinois calling.Cold and snowy out here.Haven't been to California since the 70's...
I have no idea what it was like out here in the 70's either, but I do know that the tempurature was in the 70's out here in the San Fernando Valley today!!!