Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/12/2007, 07:34 AM
kid who ran with scissors

Oceanic 65 Gallon internal overflow w/stand,canopy,sump&pump,skimmer,closed loop

Selling my 65 Gallon Oceanic System complete(Equipment wise, livestock is already gone) or will separate if the tank/stand combo goes first. Cleaned up like new and ready for you to set up ...all you need is water and lights. If you need help to get it up and running I would be willing to offer some assistance if you are not too far from me or I am willing to help by by phone/email to get you up and running. This is the system that I have run for the last 4 years. Here are the details...Selling everything together for $600 or make an offer for the tank stand combo if you are interested in only that or some other combination of items. Will Accept Cash, Paypal, I can even take a credit card. Located in central NC.

~ Tank is a 65 gallon Oceanic with built in internal overflow, back and overflow are black. Tank is 36" long x 18" wide by 21" tall.
~ Custom Matching Stand/canopy all in one unit made by Oceanic from Marine grade wood and finished in a gray granite like coating. The wooden box in the picture is not part of the system, I had put it there when I was running the Metal Halides. I still have it if you wanted it but it is sort of a utilitarian kluge. Stand is 38" at it's widest, 62" tall to the top of the canopy, and comes 20" off of the wall if it is completely flat on the wall. There is 33" of vertical space under the tank, more than most stands, it sits up quite high.
~ Durso Overflow included with plumbing/valves to the sump
~ 20 gallon tank for the sump
~ Mag 9.5 return pump
~ Return plumbing/valves
~ Complete and separate closed loop driven by another Mag9.5 includes all plumbing and valves for flow control as well as a SCWD wave maker
~ Euroreef CS80 skimmer with Sedra Needle wheel pump
~ Also will throw in 2 36" 90 watts each URI VHO Aquasun Bulbs (T12) and German water proof endcaps already mounted in the canopy. I also have 2 more sets of endscaps that I will throw in as well. No ballast available at the moment. It is at icecap under repair, may be available later...
~ Throwing in most of a bucket of Instant Ocean salt too...

only thing in the pictures that is not included is the kent float valve, it was just how I did the top off water, you can use any method that you prefer.

also selling.....

~ Entire 50 lb bucket of Peladow $20 ( anhydrous Dowflake) this is the only ingredient besides RO/I water for the RHF DIY 2 part Ca/Alk Supplement. If you don't know what this and are interested, feel free to ask. Or I will sell it off in increments, enough to make several batches at once.

Old 12/12/2007, 07:55 AM
Garbologist

Re: Oceanic 65 Gallon internal overflow w/stand,canopy,sump&pump,skimmer,closed loop

Quote:
Originally posted by Afishianado
or make an offer for the tank stand combo if you are interested in only that or some other combination of items.
You must post a price for each item or combination. Best offers are not allowed.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1105272

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 12/12/2007, 08:41 AM

C'mon this isn't an out of line listing. I did list a firm price. I feel like I was also allowing for the possibility that I would be willing to break it up if someone was interested. It's not like I was just throwing it up for bids or something. Anyway..you guys make the rules so I tried to change it but your system won't allow me to edit the listing since it is more than 60 minutes old.

The tank/stand-canopy/sump-return combo is for sale alone for $400

The closed loop and skimmer will be available separately if the tank sells first.
Old 12/12/2007, 08:53 AM
Garbologist

I don't just make this stuff up as it hits me. I just follow the rules as others are expected to. Read the link.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 12/13/2007, 04:40 PM

Still available
Old 12/13/2007, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Hey give me a call @ 772 360 8517
Interested need to talk about location.
Old 12/14/2007, 11:53 AM

still available
Old 12/14/2007, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

I would love to buy this setup from you, but I cant until I move into my new house after the holidays. If it is still availiable by then I am sure I would buy it. I live north of durham near the va line. I have subscribed to this thread and hopefully (for me anyway) it will still be for sale.
Old 12/14/2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

how much for the skimmer?
Old 12/14/2007, 05:50 PM

Drozzy, what is your timeframe exactly? I have it listed on craigslist and on Carolina Fish Talk, if it sells I'll update this thread so you will know the status.

Tigerarmy40, The skimmer will only be available separately if someone buys the Tank/stand combo first but they aren't interested in the skimmer. I'm still hoping to sell the whole thing together.
Old 12/14/2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

mid jan before I can close on the house if all works out...