Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2007, 12:14 AM
Makin it Rain

Michigan in a playoff after SC spanked them and sent them crying home to Mommy
Old 01/09/2007, 12:16 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Best coach, I think you gotta still give that to PC at USC for now. Huge turnaround there. Meyer kinda reminds my of Carroll, looks like he is having fun and tries to make it fun for his players.
Old 01/09/2007, 12:18 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sh0tgun
I don't even know what to say.. OSU got out-coached, out-played, everything. Florida was truly the better team tongiht, no way around it.
Fishy, where is my money? I coulda swore all you OSU fans said the bucks were going to crush FLA. And if you deny that than I will just have to dig up those posts. lol.

So who's the better team? Just say it and I will stop.

But we all know the SEC is the best. The SEC showed the Little 10.

SEC:6-3 in bowl games
Little 10: 2-5

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/09/2007, 12:19 AM
Registered Member

True, true. But I've seen another coach that only lasted a few season's and did well with the previouse coach's players. (the little Bowden boy... Tommy... Crap, what was his name and I auta know. Terry, that was his name!) I just think the jury is still out. I know Urban did what he needed to do. I just can't help but think that he hasn't done anything with his own players. And I know what Saban is capable of and that scares the crap out of me for next year!
Old 01/09/2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brianbigoats
Michigan in a playoff after SC spanked them and sent them crying home to Mommy
Know what, the best team isn't alway the winner. When SC is hitting on all 8 I would put them up against anyone but they weren't consistant enough to make it to the game (which I think they would have won, damn you UCLA). Michigan was. They earned a spot in the phantom playoff.
Old 01/09/2007, 12:20 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Best coach, I think you gotta still give that to PC at USC for now. Huge turnaround there. Meyer kinda reminds my of Carroll, looks like he is having fun and tries to make it fun for his players.
Urben Meyer I say is the best along with Carrol. Both Remarkable coaches.

Good thing there wasn't a UM rematch with OSU. The game would have been more even that way I guess.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/09/2007, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Fishy, where is my money? I coulda swore all you OSU fans said the bucks were going to crush FLA. And if you deny that than I will just have to dig up those posts. lol.

So who's the better team? Just say it and I will stop.

But we all know the SEC is the best. The SEC showed the Little 10.

SEC:6-3 in bowl games
Little 10: 2-5

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the little 10 was 2-1 against the SUC.
Old 01/09/2007, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohio Who???
Finally played a good team and got their a$$es handed to them..
Old 01/09/2007, 12:28 AM
I <3 Fish.

New on ESPN is the Dolphin's are trying to get Carroll.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01/09/2007, 12:34 AM
Registered Member

They made it look way to easy.. I honestly thought FL was going to lose, and I bleed Blue & Orange...
Old 01/09/2007, 12:36 AM

System flawed???

NO...

The TRUE National Champions are the Orange and Blue!!!

...but they play on BLUE TURF
Old 01/09/2007, 12:39 AM

And OHIO STATE...

...ahem OVER-RATED. That was a full on beatdown. It was an embarassment.
Old 01/09/2007, 12:42 AM
In over my head!

Quote:
Originally posted by aufan1
WOW! I didn't see this one coming. And as for Urban being the best coach... Lets see... In a two year period with other coach’s players, He's done well. Now let’s see how he recruits.
Are you kidding? Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin, Ryan Smith (graduate transfer), Reggie Nelson (juco transfer), and a BUNCH of other guys contributed in a big way this season. Meyer's playing plenty of his own players, and he's got some great ones lined up to play next year. #1 recruiting class last year, currently rated #1 for this year's class, and a nat'l championship can only help that.

We're beginning a new dynasty for Gator Football.
Old 01/09/2007, 01:05 AM
Premium Member

Speachless?

Damn right.

I dont know what to say. We stunk up the place so bad they had to open the roof. I'm shell shocked.

I dont know who that team in white tonight was but they were NOT the Buckeyes I've been watching all year.
That was beyond Ugly. We got our Arse's handed to us. Bad.

Good Game 55 and Gator fans. Fla earned and deserved it.

I think what hurt us most was the freakin' pooch kick after the run back.
Add in the 15 yd personal foul, gave UF the field position to score and the momentum that we couldnt stop the rest of the game.

No excuses tho. We were out coached and out played the whole game.
Our O line was horrible, Our D gave them to much credit. Garded against the big plays and give up the short plays all night. Troy never had a chance. Losing Ginn didnt matter a lick. We couldnt pass anyway! Then we refused to run the ball (even tho thats how we scored) and never gave ourselves the chance to show any of our talent...

Hiseman Jinx once again. ..l.. it anyway.

Now I know what it feels like to be a Michigan fan... and I dont like it.

The Only good thing, I won the 2nd and 3rd Q's on a football pool with 4 and 4.
If the GD Gators woulda kicked a FG at the end instead of taking a knee, I would have won the 4th too!

Prolly be a long time before I get to talk smack as a Buckeye again... Damn It.
Old 01/09/2007, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

Hopefully he pulls Noel Divine (If he can pass his SAT's).. I've watched that kid play, he is amazing..
Old 01/09/2007, 03:52 AM
Moved Onward

Man, Boise got screwed!!!

I said from the get go many moons ago that the SEC was the toughest conference this year but at the beginning of the bowl games, they started a bit shaky until LSU and FLA restored order. Still would've been funny had the BIG 10 gone 3-0 against the SEC but I too, felt like Grim and had the feeling FLA was going to win. Michigan exposed OSU's "D" and I'm sure Meyer looked at that film over and over and being an offensive guru, knew just what it took to score on OSU.

This was an up and down season for the top teams. I was never sold on OSU until late in the season when all the other teams were showing inconsistancies but now after all the bowl games have been played, I think FLA and SC are the top 2 and what a game it would've been had they faced eachother. All that speed, the game would've been a blurr!! Maybe we'll see it next year.

Funny how Zook's name came up, talking about Fla's players that won the game were all his recruits but Urban took them to the promise land. Need not worry about Urban's recruiting. FLA has been reelin' them in since his arrival. FLA shouldn't miss a beat but unlike Weis, who has recieved all this recognition with Willingham's players, will have a much tougher time IMO. He might've got himself the #1 QB but his "D" is the real concern.

Congrats to FLA and I already can't wait for next season.

My top 3 for next season.

1. SC
2. FLA
3. MICHIGAN

I have FLA ahead of Michigan only if Tebow performs well but with Henne and Hart coming back, Michigan should be tough!

"The Conference of Champions"

359 NCAA titles and counting!

2nd Best, The Big 10 with a distant 212 titles

PAC 10 FOOTBALL is 9-6 against the SEC since the turn of the century!
Old 01/09/2007, 04:01 AM

After watching Tennesee, Ark and Auburns performance in their bowl games I lost faith in Florida and thought OSU might take them. After seeing what SC did to Michigan I started leaning back toward Florida. Figured it would be a close game though.

I think your top 3 is about right.
Old 01/09/2007, 09:54 AM
In over my head!

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!
Old 01/09/2007, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

I like it:

2006 National Champions: Florida*

*BSU 13-0

Old 01/09/2007, 10:56 AM
In over my head!

Hopefully you guys will start with a solid ranking next year and have a shot. The sad truth is that a team from a small conference with a soft schedule won't get an opportunity to play for the title until the powers-that-be implement a playoff system.

You had a great win over Oklahoma, that game was an instant classic. Probably the best finish I've ever watched.

-Jeff

p.s. Gators win by 10+ if they played
Old 01/09/2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffbrig
You had a great win over Oklahoma, that game was an instant classic. Probably the best finish I've ever watched.

-Jeff

p.s. Gators win by 10+ if they played
Quote: "The only way we'd know would be to play the game" - Urban Meyer

All I can say is it's pretty close in the top 5... even the top 10. You could argue USC would have given Florida a much better game or that LSU could have beaten Ohio. Comes down to matchups, coaching, and the old axiom "on any given day". Seriously I can't sit here and say Boise State has claim to the National Championship [although I wouldn't turn down a shared one ] The gauntlet Florida had to run, the SEC, is a brutal test... and the WAC schedule really can't compare. However, back to what I said before... the field is much more even and the old power conferences simply don't have the allure they once did. Except, for in the minds of some AP stalwarts apparently BSU finishes 5th in final AP vote Are they serious??? That's ridiculous... Only gives us [BSU] more motivation for next year. Maybe I should be happy they gave us our chip on the shoulder back
Old 01/09/2007, 12:16 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PUGroyale
Quote: "The only way we'd know would be to play the game" - Urban Meyer
BSU finishes 5th in final AP vote Are they serious??? That's ridiculous... Only gives us [BSU] more motivation for next year. Maybe I should be happy they gave us our chip on the shoulder back
You think that is bad, check out the Harris poll, it has BSU BEHIND Oklahoma

Link

ETA: Nevermind, looks like the old poll.
Old 01/09/2007, 12:29 PM
Premium Member

You know what I would like to see as much as a playoff, better non conference schedules!

OSU just as an Example, 07':

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Kent State

What a bunch of crap.
We have no right playing this many nobody teams. Its not just my Buckeyes or the Big Ten. Big 10, Big East, SEC, Pac 10 ... you name it.

The Big East goes undefeated in bowl games.
Beating teams like 7-6 East Carolina, 7-6 Kansas State. There for awile we were looking at a possibility of having Louisville or West Virginia in THE game!?

Boise State goes undeafeated all season. Percect 13-0! (Great for them btw!!)
But Who did they beat? One 10-4 PAC 10 team and One 11-3 Big 12 team. Thats it. Non-Conf was A Big Sky and MWC team? Bad ones at that!

OSU and Michigan looked like the two best in the nation come November.
Between us we beat a decent Texas team and one butt whoopin' on a Notre Dame team that I think we all share the same opinion on... Horrible.

Florida played nobody of any real value outside of the SEC other than A 7-6 Florida State.
USC probably had one of the better Non-Conf schedules with atleast a decent SEC and Big-12 teams, add ND if you want...

If we all played better non-conf games in the regular season it could make it more cut and dry come December on who should be in the championship game.

If Florida could have put the smack down on a Michigan or Ohio State (or the like) in October, there would have been no questions in December. You guys almost missed out on the game and you were clearly the better team.

Same thing for us, a Loss like that early and we would have not been there. As painfull as it is to say it, or even think it, we didnt belong there. We should have been playing Michigan for a chance at the Rose Bowl, against UCLA.

Not much else USC could have done. They should have been playing Florida lastnight. Two bad games cost them the chance...

Boise State, You guys had a great undefeated season and cudos to you. I'm sorry tho, an undefeated WAC team will never get in the championship game beating non-conf Big Sky teams. And Shouldnt.
Old 01/09/2007, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Well, I don't feel so bad losing to FLA now Go HOGS!
Old 01/09/2007, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Congrats to the gators (myslef being a buckeye fan)

I do wish though that there were a playoff system.....and we hadnt had that damn 51 day layover