Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/07/2005, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

Question Neptune AquaController III PRO

Well, who has used one?
Is still using one?
Will never use one again?

It's a lot of cash for a little box, but I figure if anybody is buying them, they have to be in these forums.

The unit sounds almost too good to be true.

Just in time saving alone it would seem that it could pay for itself in a matter of months.

Input?
Old 07/07/2005, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

i plan to get one but i gotta save some bucco $$$
Old 07/07/2005, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

Nobody has one?

Interesting.....
Old 07/07/2005, 05:37 PM
RainbowAcro

Well I have an AC II which does most of the things this thing will do. I love the thing. It has saved my tank a few times as well from overheating. The III Pro has some nice features but they are all just goodies that you really don't need. I didn't say want though, as I want one. I think a contoller can save your tank from disaster and recommentd them to everyone. I really recommend the JR as it is affordable and all that is really required for most tanks.

The only problems with the thing is for some reason x10 stuff will start doing odd things. I would not put my return or main circulation pump on the thing unless it was to one of the direct connect boxes but their is really no need to have these on the system as the should run 24/7. I put the feed function on my skimmer so I can drip phyto. Turning your return pump off for that is just silly. You should use better feeding techniques.

When I finish my next tank upgrade the AC III Pro will be on my list as I want the geeky features only us true reef nerds all dream of. I won't get all the new fancy probes they are coming out with however as they are mostly unproven yet or have no usable application for reef opperations. I would like (2) PH meters though and hear that will be possible soon. I think (2) temp and (2) PH would be the ideal probes.
Old 07/07/2005, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

So far the only option for a controller with multiple probes (of the same type) is the Aquatronica. Neptune says they are working on a multiprobe attachment however.
Old 07/07/2005, 06:12 PM
RainbowAcro

The Aquatronica is cool but way to much $$$ and the Neptune system has all the internet functions going for it. Neptune will have the new probes out soon enough.

O! One last gripe about the Neptune products. They need to design the housing so you can mount the darn thing. All the other controllers can be mounted in the face of the stand so you can see and opperate the thing while having the probes and such inside. A nicer LCD would be nice too.
Old 07/07/2005, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

I have one and I love it. Controls and monitors almost everything. You can check up on tank status anywhere and it will soon have the ability to control and monitor muliple tanks. I travel alot and it is really nice to have some degree of control and monitoring from anywhere. I use a blackberry to monitor while on the road. Recently I had a problem while away and was able to avoid a major disaster. Definitely a big thumbs up!!!
Old 07/08/2005, 12:35 AM
Premium Member

Would not reef without one. Aquacontroller III Pro Works flawlessly.
Old 07/08/2005, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

I have one and yes it is expensive, but well worth it
Old 07/10/2005, 10:25 PM
Obsessive Reefer Disorder

Just bought one from Premium Aquatics. It will be here on Tuesday, I cant wait.

Its like Christmas in July
Old 07/11/2005, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

I just bought an ACIIIPro today so I'll post my thoughts after it gets here but everything I've read so far leads me to believe its money well spent.