Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/27/2007, 06:54 PM
SWFMAS President

Exclamation Reeflo/Sequence Skimmer Club

*Official* Reeflo / Sequence Skimmer Thread ... go on:

(Following 2 Images & Specs were copied from Premium Aquatics website on 07/27/2007)

Features:
ReeFlo Needlewheel Pump (ORCA)
Silicon Carbide Seals
Super Quiet

Specifications:
Capability: 300gal - 800gal+ Systems
Watt Draw: 120 watts
Air Flow: 2500+LPH
Water Flow: 400-600 GPH

QUOTE by deschlayer:
I don't want real life lighting...I want better! Nature/god never grew a 400 pound pumpkin, man did.
Old 07/27/2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

coralvue is carrying these as a wholesaler, very pricey may i add... anyone know the actual manufacturer or builder??? i want one for about 2/3 the price of wholesale!!!
Old 07/27/2007, 07:28 PM
SWFMAS President

BTW ... RC member pwhitby wrote up a review on these, that could also be used for instructions:

EXTERNAL LINK TO COMAS: New Reeflo Needlewheel Skimmer: A review

DOWNLOAD PDF OF ARTICLE

Thanks Paul!

EDIT: link

QUOTE by deschlayer:
I don't want real life lighting...I want better! Nature/god never grew a 400 pound pumpkin, man did.

Last edited by wizsmaster; 07/27/2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07/27/2007, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

And here is a short vid of mine in action. I turn off the air a little way into it then turn it back on so you can see the difference.
Old 07/27/2007, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

These guys are not that pricey for what you get. In comparison to Bubbleking, Euroreef, H&S, Deltec, and even ATI, you seem to get a lot more for your money in this skimmer. Of course, this is up to further scrutiny.

One head to head battle I would like to see is the Reeflo skimmer against the new Tunze Master DOCs (lets say the 9440). In comparing specs, the Reeflo would seem to have a major lead in terms of air throughput (2500lph vs. 1600lph) and the fact that it is a recirculating skimmer. However, the Tunze is reasonably cheaper ($964 vs. $1300) and it has a monster diameter (~19" vs. ~12"). Tough call.
Old 07/28/2007, 02:20 AM
TOTM October 2007

I have to say, after looking around, these are awesome skimmers for the price. Almost silent, very efficient and really nicely built.
Old 07/28/2007, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

Oh, yeah...would definitely buy one if the intro price lasts until I have enough for it. If not, I may just save a bit more for a BK 200/250/300ext lol.
Old 07/28/2007, 12:48 PM
Premium Member

Coming from someone who has owned the following, Large airstone skimmer, aquamedic turbo flotor, euroreef, octo 150, remora, tunze 9010 and a PMXL2 beckett. This is the best skimmer I have ever owned or usd.
Old 07/28/2007, 01:34 PM
SWFMAS President

(FIRST) 18 hours of skimmate (during 16 of the 18 hours my D.A.S. EX-3 skimming as well) :

5 gallon reef crystals salt bucket below for comparison

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/28/2007, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

What the h$ll do you have wraped around the pipes??? LOL
I just wrapped all my plumbing with teflon tape and pushed them together and had no leaks. i take it you had a leak?
Old 07/28/2007, 01:53 PM
SWFMAS President

it's just shop towels ... this is NOT the final location for the skimmer - the pipes will be glued together anyway. I'll most likely drain it, and drill the box for a drain anyway. Just wanted to get it setup, and running.
Had to take my EX-3 down today for cleaning - it's being shipped out monday morning to the new owner in ATL.

The entire sump area you see in the backgroud is being replaced ... I'll be plumbing up a 100g & a 50g rubbermaid trough inplace of the acrylic sump/fuge. few weeks downt he road .. until then the skimmer will sit like that. I'll have alot of .. 'engineering' to do then.

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/28/2007, 02:11 PM
TOTM October 2007

Im directly feeding mine by gravity from an overflow. Im very tempted to get another and put it on the other overflow.....
Old 07/28/2007, 02:29 PM
SWFMAS President

ahh .. that answers my question from the other thread ...

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/28/2007, 03:12 PM
SWFMAS President

Randy,

how are you feeding your skimmer? If pump - which one?

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/28/2007, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

Its a sea line 6540 there nice little pumps for the money. They run real quiet and dont eat a lot of juice.
Old 07/31/2007, 08:21 AM
Premium Member

Whats going on everyone... How are all the skimmer doing?
Old 07/31/2007, 08:59 AM
SWFMAS President

working well.
going to clean the collection cup in a few minutes, and change out the pump from a RIO 1100 to a 3100.

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/31/2007, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

Very nice.... I have it even harder lol, i got 2 to clean
Old 07/31/2007, 09:48 AM
SWFMAS President

oh gag!

can i return this skimmer? That was just gross.
I've NEVER had sh!t stink this bad. not in my EX-3 ..... i could let the stuff sit in the ex-3 for 2 weeks and it wouldn't stink this bad.

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/31/2007, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

lol tell me about it. These skimmer pull alot fo stuff out and it stinsk very bad..
Old 07/31/2007, 10:30 AM
~Addict~

I agree, one stinky freaking skimmer!
Old 07/31/2007, 10:59 AM
SWFMAS President

i think i'm going to make this a 'public' aquarium .. i'll recruit local kids for summer camp & extra curricular activies ... have them clean the skimmer every other day.

QUOTE by deschlayer:
Old 07/31/2007, 11:01 AM
Premium Member

lol i am sure the kids will love you then lol...
Old 07/31/2007, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Jereme is giving me a headeach. Now that he'll be stocking BKs I'm having problem deciding which one should i get to replace my ER CS12. Should I get BK300, BM300, or RF ORCA for my 500g total volume tank setup?
Old 07/31/2007, 11:23 AM
SWFMAS President

a local has one of the large BK's .. and i have to say .. they are NICE! he loves it! it makes plenty of nasty skimmate.

HOWEVER they are expensive.

I opted for the lesser expensive skimmer. IS this skimmer as NICE, and pretty as teh BK? no - i do not have bright reds, and white .. i have grey & black. Is this skimmer as energy efficient as the BK? no - but it still doesn't draw as much as an equivalently rated becket.

If you can swing the extra money for the BK .. go that route ... if you want to be bit more 'conservative' (you wouldn't be in this hobby lol) then look into the reeflo.

QUOTE by deschlayer: