Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 11/06/2005, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Don't buy from chilly01willy globalaquatics

Bought a Purple Monster from him and got a half dead brown ??
first brown and tan Purple Monster i've ever seen??
Old 11/06/2005, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Did you contact them? I have bought alot from them and I have always gotten good products and they have stood behind their products.
Old 11/06/2005, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Whats the point? He is going to tell me it is one, I'am going to tell him that purple monsters aren't tan and that whatever it is it's half dead. And so on and so forth... it's not like he is going to send me one anyways. I have seen them before their not tan their are purple.
Do you know anyone that is selling a real PURPLE monster?
Old 11/06/2005, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

I can also vouch for Will. He's a great guy and all 5 corals I just got from him were accurately represented in color and size. He is also a very reasonable guy to deal with and bashing him before contacting him is not your best bet.
Old 11/06/2005, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

My best bet would be to get what I paid for the first time.
Old 11/06/2005, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Wow you sound like a pleasure to deal with. If you've dealt with shipping corals before you know it doesn't always go smoothly, problems arise, corals die, corals bleach, corals lose their color. If you have this much patience with a seller I'd hate to see the kind of patience you have with your tank.
Old 11/06/2005, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

I'am just simlpy saying that I wouldn't buy from him again. Iam not going to email him up crying about it as you would, I'am simply saying that he sold me something that I did not pay for.
Now I have moved on and I'am trying to find a real Purple monster that is purple. So that is that, I definately would not recommand buying from him you may not get what you paid for.
If you like buying from him, buy from him.
Old 11/07/2005, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

You're not playing with a full deck of cards are ya. What I'm trying to say is there's a good chance when he shipped it, it was purple and something happenend in shipping. You should have contacted him and tried to resolve the issue before slamming him here.
Old 11/07/2005, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

And I'm saying it not a Purple monster..are you saying the USPS took it out and put something else in the bag? Do you not understand that it not a Purple monster!! Even if was a dead or bleach Purple monster I would be happy.
Your the only one making a issure out of it and your not the one out of the money..If I was going to make an issure I would take my money back through paypal and call my credit card company.Besides he already told me " I'm afraid you're on your own"
Old 11/07/2005, 01:32 AM
The Buff Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by BLASTO1
Whats the point? He is going to tell me it is one, I'am going to tell him that purple monsters aren't tan and that whatever it is it's half dead. And so on and so forth... it's not like he is going to send me one anyways. I have seen them before their not tan their are purple.
Do you know anyone that is selling a real PURPLE monster?
Quote:
And I'm saying it not a Purple monster..are you saying the USPS took it out and put something else in the bag? Do you not understand that it not a Purple monster!! Even if was a dead or bleach Purple monster I would be happy.Get a life
hahahaha...
Old 11/07/2005, 01:34 AM
Registered Member

I'm starting to find this funny as well.
Old 11/07/2005, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

I guess I'm not the only one that is finding this crazy. What I'm trying to say is at first you seem convinced that you didn't have a purple monster since it was tan, brown and half dead. Then I said sometimes they bleach/brown in transit and what you have very well could be a browned or bleached PM. Now you're saying that you'd be happy with a bleached or brown PM which is probably what the case is. You can post a picture in the SPS forum to see if they can verify the coral's skelaton structure as a PM or not, they may not be able to give you a 100% definitive answer but they can give you a good educated guess.
Old 11/07/2005, 05:27 PM
I brake for sps

FYI, I have shipped out about 1/2 dozen Tyree Purple Monster frags. Almost always they loose color and take a while to gain color back. The same goes for any coral. How many times have you received a coral and it looks just like it did in the picture and never gained anymore color? Chances are none. Send me a picture of the frag and I will tell you if it is the real deal. I would give it a few weeks before you start to worry.
Old 11/07/2005, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
And I'm saying it not a Purple monster..are you saying the USPS took it out and put something else in the bag? Do you not understand that it not a Purple monster!! Even if was a dead or bleach Purple monster I would be happy.
Your the only one making a issure out of it and your not the one out of the money..If I was going to make an issure I would take my money back through paypal and call my credit card company.Besides he already told me " I'm afraid you're on your own"
Now I'm confused. You say that you aren't going to make a deal out of it, and bash the seller without trying to resolve it with him first. Now you say that he told you "I'm afraid you're on your own". Which is it?

If you did contact the seller and he isn't/wasn't willing to come to a resolution, then please say so. From where I'm sitting, you seem like a very angry person who is willing to be cheated out of your money and sulk, whine and moan about how you were done wrong.
Old 11/07/2005, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zanemoseley
I guess I'm not the only one that is finding this crazy. What I'm trying to say is at first you seem convinced that you didn't have a purple monster since it was tan, brown and half dead. Then I said sometimes they bleach/brown in transit and what you have very well could be a browned or bleached PM. Now you're saying that you'd be happy with a bleached or brown PM which is probably what the case is. You can post a picture in the SPS forum to see if they can verify the coral's skelaton structure as a PM or not, they may not be able to give you a 100% definitive answer but they can give you a good educated guess.
Thanks for the advice!!-- zanemoseley---fishypets

I not whining and moaning about it, I'm defending my self becouse you are putting me down..if you read the thread
Old 11/07/2005, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!!-- zanemoseley---fishypets

I not whining and moaning about it, I'm defending my self becouse you are putting me down..if you read the thread
By the way he e-maild my saying, I'm afraid you're on your own good luck
Old 11/07/2005, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

fishypets.If you could PM me I'll send you a picture..I just don't want to be BS around abut this.I've let it go and everyone wants to talk crap,If thats the case let talk crap
Old 11/07/2005, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
fishypets.If you could PM me I'll send you a picture..I just don't want to be BS around abut this.I've let it go and everyone wants to talk crap.If thats the case let talk crap
Old 11/07/2005, 08:52 PM
I brake for sps

send pic to fishypets@austin.rr.com
Old 11/07/2005, 08:59 PM
Premium Member

Wow! What a thread. Just gotta drop in here as an objective third party just reading this entire thread. Oh, let me also mention that I am a small business owner.

Things happen. There is no getting around it. No matter how great you are as a business owner you are going to screw up and dissapoint someone sometimes. It is just a fact.

However, if you do not even know there is a problem, you cannot resolve it. Sometimes a "best customer" comes from someone you had a problem with during your first encounter. We have stopped calling them problems and now prefer "unsolved opportunities".

Blasto, What you and Will have is an "unsolved opportunity" I think you would be helping him to run his business better (and in the process probably get what you paid for) if you give him a call.

Let us know how it works out?

Thanks
Lee
Old 11/07/2005, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tokitay
Wow! What a thread. Just gotta drop in here as an objective third party just reading this entire thread. Oh, let me also mention that I am a small business owner.

Things happen. There is no getting around it. No matter how great you are as a business owner you are going to screw up and dissapoint someone sometimes. It is just a fact.

However, if you do not even know there is a problem, you cannot resolve it. Sometimes a "best customer" comes from someone you had a problem with during your first encounter. We have stopped calling them problems and now prefer "unsolved opportunities".

Blasto, What you and Will have is an "unsolved opportunity" I think you would be helping him to run his business better (and in the process probably get what you paid for) if you give him a call.

Let us know how it works out?

Thanks
Lee
After all bashing I thank I've had all I can take of this thread. You have some very good points that I should of considerd at the time. But the way I see it is that I've bought so much of the net...That when you don't get what you pay for..Your out of luck. People get riped off a lot on the net and most of the time there's nothing you can do about it. I've even been sent bricks before instaed of my item and I know I'm not the only one here that has been riped off before.
Old 11/07/2005, 09:31 PM
I brake for sps

Blasto,

Still waiting on the pic.
Old 11/07/2005, 09:32 PM
I brake for sps

Sorry Blasto, just checked my p.m.'s. Send it when you can.
Old 11/07/2005, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

I'm taking it now..Thanks
Old 11/07/2005, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Sending you a picture now of what sould be a Tyree Purple Monster. Please be honest with me about it, I don't need don't need it to be jazzed up for everyone else's sake, I had one other guy look at it and he was not to sure if it was or not. The back side of it is dead and do to where it is placed (so you can't see the dead side) I cannot get a good shot of it. If I have to I will pull it of the rock to show that it is dead. Either way if it is or isn't a Purple monster if the back side of it is dead could you tell me if you think it would live or not or what I could do about it? Also if you do think it is one can you tell me why it is the color it is.

And thanks for the help!!

I also would like to add that I only buy corals for two people on the net that have never done me wrong.so I don't know much about shipping corals.That is why I ask if the side the whole side is dead will it live.