Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 09/28/2005, 09:21 PM
Moved On

BEWARE OF bbmcrae!!!

I purchased a "Orbit" Lighting system from bbmcrae, he stated EVERYTHING was in working order and the whole system including the bulbs were only 1-2 months old, I paid him wednesday, recieved the lighting system yesterday. When I recieved it 3 of the bulbs were broken. I contacted him what to do about this situation and he was very uncooperative and now its going to cost me anywhere from 60-90$ to purchase 3 new bulbs for this lighting system... He basically laughed at me about the situation... Very immature and uncooperative seller, DO NOT TRUST! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS SCAMMER HAS TO SAY!

-Mike aka ZURC
Old 09/28/2005, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Just a thought but bulbs often break in transit... were they broken or just not working. Not really fair to blame the seller for transit issues especially without insurance.
Old 09/28/2005, 10:50 PM
Moved On

There was insurance, he didn't prep the shipment right, it was of course his fault and he didn't care to take responsibility, just laughed and blew me off... do you think thats fair?
Old 09/29/2005, 09:14 AM
Moved On

bbmcrae and myself are trying to work this out, seeing if FedEx will pay for the damages...
Old 09/29/2005, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Re: BEWARE OF bbmcrae!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ZURCSREEF
I purchased a "Orbit" Lighting system from bbmcrae, he stated EVERYTHING was in working order and the whole system including the bulbs were only 1-2 months old, I paid him wednesday, recieved the lighting system yesterday. When I recieved it 3 of the bulbs were broken. I contacted him what to do about this situation and he was very uncooperative and now its going to cost me anywhere from 60-90$ to purchase 3 new bulbs for this lighting system... He basically laughed at me about the situation... Very immature and uncooperative seller, DO NOT TRUST! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS SCAMMER HAS TO SAY!

-Mike aka ZURC
Wow Zurcsreef,
You just became a member here on RC and you're starting off like this?!?!

For all who care to read this thread. Everyone knows that bulbs often break during shipping. Everyone should also know that with every shipment via UPS, FEDEX etc. there's an automatic $100 insurance attached to every shipment. Right?

So, when Zurcsreef received this package from me, he sends me the most disrespectful, hostile PM that you wouldn't expect from a fellow reefer. In turn, this made me very angry, but understanding that he was my client I tried to work with him to no avail. Since then, I've been going back and forth for the past two days with Zurcsreef trying to settle this without any confrontation, but he insists on taking things to this level. So here we are. As of this morning, I received a PM stating that he wanted to be adults about the situation. This came after he received news that Pay Pal couldn't help him out with his claim being that the purchase wasn't made through e-bay. As I told him, this matter didn't have to go to Pay Pal. All Zurcsreef had to do was wait for me to file a FedEx claim and wait for Fed Ex to process the damaged goods claim. It would only take 5-7 business days to settle. But instead, all Zurcsreef wanted me to due was send him $40-50 via paypal to pay for the damaged bulbs and I told him "NO"!!! I said "that's why the package had insurance in the first place." But being inpatient like he is, he threatened to put up a thread about me if I didn't follow his wishes. The TRUTH of the matter is, I was and still am willing to help Zurcsreef to get reimbursed for the damaged goods, but it's not fair that he wants my help and continues to do foul things such as this thread.

So, Zurcsreef, after all you have done to offend me, bad mouth me, and cause unnecessary drama in my life and in this peaceful community of positive reefers, I'm still willing to file the FedEx claim to get this matter resolved. As I told you in several PMs before I can file the FedEx claim, they will need your telephone number in order to call you to schedule a pick up of the damaged merchandise for inspection. Oh, that's right you don't want to give me your telephone number! All you want is for me to send you $40-50 dollars via pay pal so you can supposedly purchase new bulbs.

It didn't have to come to this Zurcsreef. Like I said to you several times before, I'm willing to work this out like Men and fellow reefers. Let me know if you're willing to cooperate.

bbmcrae
Old 09/29/2005, 08:59 PM
LIRA Member

Wow,

I happened to come across this thread this evening and I'm glad I did. For those reading this thread, I have been with RC for about two years now and I have purchased used equipment from bbmcrae as well as from others in the past, which always came in top-notch condition. Couriers can be hard on packages. I had a DHL guy toss a box containing Apple Computer parts onto my top steps and think nothing of it. I could have blamed Apple but c'mon, do you actually think that they anticipated that package mishandling was a possibility? ABSOLUTELY and that's why they take out insurance on their shipments. As long as bbmcrae is willing to file an insurance claim on your behalf and it definitely sounds like he is, all your doing is antagonizing him, which quite frankly isn't very smart being in your position with broken bulbs and all. Hell, if he didn't care, he would have sent it via the post office with no insurance... then you'd really have something to be ****ed about Take a deep breathe, take two steps back give the guy your telephone number via a pm and let him make the claim for you. It only takes FedEx seven days to pay you. The more time you take complaining about the guy who has the fate of your replacement bulbs in his hands, the longer its going to take you to get your money and light up that reef that you are obviously so passionate about.

Go ahead... Put the price on the bag. I don't have that problem any longer :)
Old 09/29/2005, 09:34 PM
Moved On

I have tried to get this post deleted... me and bbmcrae are trying to resolve this, but he still decides to come on here and talk crap. Most hostile and disrespectful pm? You really do have issues dude, I simply asked what it was you would like to do about the issue so it is fair for me and you, the disrespectful part was when you messaged me back stating simply, nothing to deal with FedEx...

Keep talking crap about me as I don't care what you and your buddy think, all I can say is you did not package the lighting system appropriately, atleast the bulbs, and you didn't want to man up and take responsibilty. For being such a expert on all the selling and shipping as your buddy jbanks is stating, you should have known to seperate the bulbs from the pin plug as they easily slip out, next time bubble wrap them and make sure they are secure, don't just neglagently throw them in a box and send them on there way cause you have the money already...

-mike aka zurc

btw, I have over 125+ feedback and its all 100% positive, no problems til this... well, there was one problem with a sellers packaging like this situation, but he was man enough to credit me, unlike this current situation...
Old 09/29/2005, 09:36 PM
Moved On

Old 09/29/2005, 10:58 PM
LIRA Member

ZURCSREEF,

My point to you is the same as God of Fish's. Things happen in shipping. That is what insurance is for. When you buy things throught the mail, you should know this and not jump to conclusions about someones unwillingness to help you. Helping eachother is what this board is about.... Not to show immaturity by bashing someone who obviously took the time to use a reputable courier service that insures its parcels. Demanding money from someone about goods damaged in transit is not in your best interest when the sender has to file your claim. I am trying to help you ease some stress with this situation and future purchases that may have a problem. Things can and will go wrong from time to time. If he shipped without insurance and the bulbs got broken, then by all means, you'd have something to really be angry about- especially, if he was unwilling to help you out. However, if there is insurance, it's like having a car accident and telling the other driver, you don't want his insurnace company's money, you want his......just because. My point is what sense does that make as long as your car gets fixed? None at all..... Talk to the guy and get your problem resolved.

Old 09/29/2005, 11:10 PM
Moved On

I didn't "jump" you have no idea whats going on, stop posting... I know EXACTLY the situation I am going through with bbmcrae, I know what he said, I know what I said and you don't. Don't jump on this thread acting like you do.
Old 09/29/2005, 11:12 PM
Moved On

I filed the claim btw, don't know why you keep saying the sender has to. FEDEX gives the choice of either the Sender or the Reciever to make the claim. Maybe they might need to call him, but as of right now its under me. Again, please stop posting if you do not know exactly what is going on...

Thanks!
-Mike aka ZURC
Old 09/29/2005, 11:22 PM
LIRA Member

To the contrary, I know more about what's going on than you think. Your post seems somewhat irrational to me. That's great that you were able to file the claim. However, now it really puzzles me why you wrote this post in the first place? Oh, and you did post this in a public forum.... did you not?? If you don't wan't feedback from others having a different oppinion than yourself, keep it betweeen you and bbmcrae via PM's.

Old 09/29/2005, 11:56 PM
Moved On

This is a feedback forum, people leave feedback here, I left feedback, unless you have dealt with me or bbmcrae for this particular transaction, then you should stay out. You are probably just one of his little buddies here to back him up on a situation you, me and himself know he was at fault. I made this post before I was able to make the claim and after he laughed at me and told me I am not getting credited or my bulbs...

You can stop posting now as your opinion means absolutely nothing for this particular situation.

Thanks!
-Mike aka ZURC
Old 09/30/2005, 12:22 AM
LIRA Member

So hostile you are Mike. They have classes called Anger Management for people like you. You should take a few. They might help you deal with your emotions a little better young man. You should really look into them. Have a nice life....

Old 09/30/2005, 12:24 AM
Moved On

Lol, you guys got issues :/ Sorry that you know your wrong and your embarrased. Somethings you have to deal with, somethings you just put out of proportion to make other people look bad, thats what your doing in this particular situation. Enjoy your reefing and just remember, keep your nose out of other peoples business, as you are only going to make yourself look bad.
Old 09/30/2005, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Zurcsreef,

Have I not been telling you since the day you informed me of the broken bulbs that I would speak with FedEx? You told me that you didn't have time to wait for FedEx because your Reef Tank was without lights. I even offered to order bulbs for you and have Marine Depot ship them directly to you. You said NO you only wanted me to send you cash via Pay Pal. To me that sounds funny.

I think I proved my point with my responses to the situation. I'm done with this thread and you. I will, however stay in contact with to make sure the FedEx claim gets resolved. But please stop posting on this thread, you're doing nothing besides making the situation worse. And if you knew you posted this thread prior to us making arrangements to work things out, it wouold have been nice if you had given me a heads up on the thread as well as your intent to get it removed. But you didn't. So you can't get angry with people reading the thread and posting their opinions. You and I both are obviously putting this issue out there for people to comment on. If everyone decided to comment and say you were right about everything and totally backed you, I bet you wouldn't have much to say to them?!

So, let's l;eave this thing alone and let FedEx take care of it.
Old 09/30/2005, 10:51 AM
Moved On

bbmcrae, you said you would send me A bulb not bulbs, so don't even play that bull crap " I will order a bulb, when it gets here I will send it to you ". You think I want to wait around for you to order a bulb, for it to get to you and then for it to get to me? You offered to buy one bulb out of the 3 that broke, don't try to come on here and act like you tried to resolve this. I stopped posting, you continued to present lies to this thread.
Old 10/02/2005, 08:37 PM
IM KING NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

i dont want to be a pest (i see zurc doesnt like other people getting into his affairs). zurcsreef:
i have this and only this to say and you can take it or leave but dont you snap at me (i believe you on pbmas.org's site too as am i and im pround to say that im a member). no to what i was going to say

look stuff happens. let me know what size bulbs they were and i might be able to help you out. i have a lot of them just lying around (i get them from friends and relatives who buy the wrong size and ask me if i can use them most of time i cant but i keep them just in case). are they PC or MH? if they are pc i think i can help. send me a pm if you would like and ill try to help you out. i've been on here for a long time it seems and if you look at all of his feedback (do a search for his name and look for feedback posts) you will see how 'good' he rea;;y is (by that i mean if he is trustworthy or just a scammer) just my 2 cents so take em or leave em
Old 10/02/2005, 08:42 PM
Moved On

what is pbmas.org?

They are 65w bulbs for Current 4x65w setups, I need two actinics and one daylight bulb... I am still waiting on FedEx to even contact me about the "investigation"....

If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it, as I just wish he could of in the first place. I would be more then happy to pay you for the bulbs aslong as they are in working condition and have alot of life on them. Hopefully you know how to package bulbs :P

If you would like me to pick them up, that is possible aswell.

Let me know...

Thanks!
-Mike aka ZURC
Old 10/02/2005, 08:46 PM
IM KING NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

palm beach marine aquarium society i live in plam beach gardens
i have one dual actinic but that it for a 65 watter. it is squar pin too. lmk. where are you and here is the addy for the club http://www.pbmas.org enjoy im fragmologist on that site
Old 10/02/2005, 08:48 PM
Moved On

I am in Pembroke Pines, Fl, right off of I-75. I need square pin, its 65 watts, will it fit 'Current' fixtures? How much?
Old 10/02/2005, 08:50 PM
Moved On

Oh and if you have AIM, hit me up on ZURCSREEF, thanks!
Old 10/02/2005, 09:19 PM
Moved On

Just following this thread,,and really dont want to be a pest ,
Zrucsreef ,,you need to relax ,if you didnt want ppl to know your business then you should not post on RC ,,as you know all are free to answer your thread ,mad or not ,,you seem hostlie and its only freaking bulbs ,i dont see why you should be so mad ,i just ordered a fixture from a fellow RC member and word to him from me was ,PLZ PUT INSURANCE ,,,that what is there for. you can not controll ups or other delivery services ,if they are animals ,its not our fault SH*T happens ,buy new bulbs ,wait for your check ,and what did you really use other bulbs evens if you think they are new ,,say thk you that BBMCRAE seem Like a nice guy ,(i dont know him) but it looks like he his trying to help ,only you keep pushing him back ,
As far as being nasty to Jbanks ,no need ,he is trying to put out your fire ,but you keep taking it as Fuel ,and firing yourself up more ,
The only Thing about this thread is that you made yourself a bad name on RC ,you will probably snap onme ,but i care less really
One more thing ,,I never seen someone so mad in this hobby ,as you are ,all the ppl i met have been great ,kind and very helpfully ,
(you will catch more bees with HONEY then PEPPER)
so for 50 bux you ruined yourself on a good site ,,
Old 10/02/2005, 09:24 PM
Moved On

Get a new keyboard first of all, or learn to type. Things are trying to be settled, but you guys keep bumping the thread. Only reason I was mad is because he wouldn't take responsiblitly for not properly packaging the bulbs and then laughing at me when I was trying to get credited for the bulbs. Keep bumping this thread as you please, but its not hurting me, nor really should it hurt bbmcrae, btw, I made this post before knowing about the fedex insurance. And how can I not care about the bulbs being broken? It's going to cost me more for the 3 bulbs then it did for this entire fixture. Maybe I don't have alot of money? I am on a budget... Maybe you guys have money trees planted around your house, but I do not...
Old 10/02/2005, 09:29 PM
Moved On

Z ,you should of waited a bit longer and see what happens ,if you get your insurance check ,will you feel worst or happy about yourself for all this crap ,for no reason ,50 bux ,hahaha ,,that so little of you to do all this for that amount