Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/04/2005, 10:06 PM
Moved On

BUyer beware

DONT NOT buy any reef critters from REEFDESIGNS on ebay . I bought 500 bl crabs and 150 turbos snails all came in dead and he refuses to reship or refund even though that it was his fault they came in dead
Old 03/04/2005, 10:07 PM
PARC Member & Reef Monkey

Boy, that bites. How were they shipped? Did you pay via paypal?
Old 03/04/2005, 10:08 PM
Moved On

file with ebay and paypal if thats how you paid. you should be able to get at least some money back...no matter what he says file, if you wait to long you cant file a claim
Old 03/04/2005, 10:08 PM
RC Mod

Sorry to hear you're having probems. You should post your experiences in the vendor experience forum so they're easier to find.
Old 03/04/2005, 10:10 PM
PARC Member & Reef Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by bertoni
Sorry to hear you're having probems. You should post your experiences in the vendor experience forum so they're easier to find.
Good catch! I didn't even notice that.
Old 03/04/2005, 10:10 PM
Moved On

respond

I asked 3 time for overnight via fed ex but he sent ups and it took 4 days to get here. I placed a dispute through paypal juts wating to see what they have to say
Old 03/04/2005, 10:13 PM
Moved On

ebay rip offs really tick me off, i would go after with everything i had...i had a roomate in college who (well didnt rip this lady off, but i dont think he was exactly honest about the product, a stupid pockeemon card) and she filed a police report, even though we lived in ohio and she lived in washington state, the police called him and told him to resolve the situation or they would pass along the info to our local police to come after him...they weren't messing around
Old 03/05/2005, 06:04 PM
Moved On

bump
Old 03/05/2005, 06:31 PM
\/ thats me!!!!!

how much you pay for them if you dont mind me asking
Old 03/05/2005, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Ill be sure to avoid that guy.
Old 03/06/2005, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Dishonest Buyer

casper75 is dishonest, He was supposed to pick up order, I waited,I could not wait any longer. Then he request us to ship to him on Friday, against Reef Designs policy, due to shipping delays. He acceped the risk, order WAS delayed, and then he want us to make good. I was trying to work with him, he wanted me to ship repalcement AGAIN on a Freiday, now on my risk, wanted us to ship via 50.00 freight, we ship on our terms, not his, especially if we are at risk. WE DO NOT SCREW PEOPLE, LOOK AT REEFDESIGNS FEEDBACK, WE STRIVE TO PLEASE THE CUSTOMER. This guy is just dishonest, and Paypal will work this out.

Last edited by capdiddy; 03/06/2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03/06/2005, 10:17 AM
Knowledgable LFS employee

I love hearing both sides of a story.
Old 03/06/2005, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Just my 2 cents. It is always nice to hear both sides of a story.
Heres my take. It seems to me like this was a out of ordinary situation with the customer missing his pickup appointement and all.
I dont understand why the shippers didnt send it overnight and charge the customer 50 dollars for the overnight shipment especialy since its against company policy to ship ups on fridays
for exactly that reason, the delays would kill the live stock.

Was the customer unwilling to pay the 50 dollars extra for the express delivery?
Was the customer under the impression that this would be a express shipment?
If the customer was told that the delivery would be made via ups
and that there could be delays, was he informed that HE would be taking ALL of the risk if any delays be incurred and the livestock was lost?

Regardeless of the above questions, I think the shipper still holds
somewhat of a responsibility KNOWING that there could be delays
and going against company policy by shipping on Fridays via ups, no matter how much the customer kicked and begged, at least for the sake of the livestock and not money.

The shipper is obviously not attempting to screw anyone, and based on all the positive feedback its gotten, its a solid place to get livestock from. However, no matter how much risk the customer inherrits by their actions, if customers receive dead livestock, its just a matter of time before the company will lose tremendous amounts of business. Just my 2 cents.

PS Having seen both sides , I would be willing to give this dealer a try as I consider the above a "special" circumstance.
Old 03/06/2005, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

If it were my business after seeing everything posted I would meet the guy or gal half way (50% off same order). The reef community is a pretty tight group and it seems most people are on reef central. I wouldn't jeopardize losing more money in the long run with any questionable experience.

If people go to order things and remember your name had something negative attached to it they may just order from somewhere else. On the other hand if the business was more than accommodating you might have just received some good advertising.

Good luck and I hope you all work it out.

Just my .02

I am hoping to be able to get my own avatar soon
Old 03/06/2005, 01:34 PM
Premium Member

I was about to type the same stuff, CyanoMagnet. Good thing I read all the way through beforehand.

Judging with eBay feedback, he seems like an honest seller. I'm wondering why you couldn't wait through the weekend for a Monday shipment? Living in Wisconsin, I can't risk delays any time of the year, and I'll never understand why anyone would risk the lives of the critters like this.

I'm thankful that at least one eBay seller reads a good forum though.
Old 03/06/2005, 02:25 PM
Moved On

replay

I asked the seller 3 times to ship FED EX he never said anything else. He also shipped out on a friday via ups not FED EX and didnt ask for sat delivery. When the order came in DOA because of his not asking for Sat delivery he wanted me to place another order for the same stuff and wanted me to pay again but at his cost , Dont think so. We then decided that he would ship out the order again on monday. Sent he emails over the weekend with no response. After several calls he finaly called me back monday night said he had to go pick the rest of he order up . Didnt hear from again till Weds after noon. He told me his order hadnt come in he had to go pick the order up in Tampa. He said he would have eveything on thursday. Friday he was supposed to ship the order out again via fed ex. At 12:00 he called and said fed ex was going to charge him 44.00 to ship next day and he didnt want to pay that. I told him I was on my way home from New Orleans I live in Ga. I had to leave work early because my wife went into the hospital. I told him I would transfer the other 10.00 for the extra shipping when I saw a FED EX tracking number. I told him a would be home around 4:30-5:00. I tried from 1:00 till 5:30 to get intouch with himi with no response to find out if my order had been shipped . Never got a call from him only a email saying he waited till 4:30 for the payment. First off FED EX next day stops at 3:00pm so if he was waiting for my payment why not call me before 3:00 asking where it was. In my mind he never had any intentions on shipping FED EX he was using it it ask an excuse. It has now been over 3 weeks sence my order was placed.He has my money and I have no critters. Now RYAN what about waht I said was untrue please explain. Rember I have saved all your emails just incased you screwed me I would have them for Paypal. Please respond so people can see how you treat cutomers.
Old 03/06/2005, 02:38 PM
Moved On

critters

AS far as the friday shipment . I was told the overnight shipment was going to be 35.00 as soon as I got home I sent him the 35.00 for next day. After finding out that he didnt ship fed ex and he shiped ups I checked the tracking number and it said it wasnt going to be delivered till monday I contacted the seller. I ask him why he didnt ask for sat delivery he said on paypal ups it didnt say anything about it. I then asked why he didnt go down to the ups store. His reply( I wasnt going to waste my time going down there). The reason I couldnt wait for Monday shipment is I travle alot with work and this was a group buy with me and some friends in my LRC. I was only going to be home for the weekend then had to leave to go back out of town. He new all of this before shipment of package. Never once did I ever complain about paying the frieght charge. AS far as I am concerned if a customer ask as pay for the frieght charges why not send what the costomer asks for. I also said if they where shipped via FED EX I would take full risk if they didnt make it, But because of the total disregard on his part for not shipping the package the way I paid for which was FED EX next day and I paid 35.00 for next day delivery. He is soley responsable not me.
Old 03/06/2005, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

First of all, I offered him, replacements at cost. He said absolutely NO WAY. " I am not spending any more money." Second, I sent UPS Next Day, and Paypal does not offer saturday delivery, and since We ONLY use USPS Express, I am not familar with that. If he is so familar, he should have expreesed that, but he didnt, and I was unaware. I was willing to ship Monday, and then he went ahead an contacted Paypal with a Dispute, came on this forumn, and slandered our name. So, we were going to take the loss to keep our customers happy, and he decided that it was best to go through paypal, so we will let him. Our loss is less that route, as we have such a minimal mark-up that is fine with us.
Old 03/06/2005, 02:47 PM
Moved On

And as far as me not picking them up . I told him I would be comming through his area on wed or thursday he said fine just call me 2hrs before your comming and I will bag them up. I was intouch with him all week never once did he say anything about having to leave town for a few hours. I didnt get a call from him but an email on thursday at 12:00 I got an email saying he had a conference to go to about 2 hrs away not a phone call when he knew I was on a job site working . I had to call him and find out what was going on. So take this into your thoughts . He left at 12:00 to go to a conference that was 2 hrs away. He then calls me at 3:30 saying he was done with the conference after I had already gone through his town . That was a fast drive and a very short conference now wasnt it. Please respond to all of this RYAN and explain your self to the fellow reefers out there.
Old 03/06/2005, 02:52 PM
Moved On

Ryan I told you 3 time the first time to send FED EX even on paypal in special instructions I said ship via fed ex. You chose to disregard my repet request to send FED EX. I am sorry after 3 weeks sence order was placed I still have nothing . With paypal I have only 30 days to place a claim. What did you expect me to do hold out for another moday shipment that would never come like the last monday shipment. Dont think so I deserve my shipment or a full refund. And slander is only if someone is lieing about you .Which im not I am stating everything that happened and I have all the emails to prove is . You saying I am dishonest is slander.
Old 03/06/2005, 02:54 PM
Moved On

? Why do you think I asked for FED EX evertime we talked about shipping . didnt that ring a bell in your head saying hey I think this guys want me to ship FED EX. I paid for FED EX not UPS OR USPS.
Old 03/06/2005, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

You are very inaccurate with your times. First, He spoke to me at 42:30pm, said that he was going to add funds for shipping, when he came home at 4:30pm, I waited until 5:45pm, as I can ship overnight until 6:00pm. Second, I notified him I had a conference, at noon, spoke to him again at about 6:00pm, to see if his "guy" was still around, and he could pick up at 7:30pm. His guy had left, and I said that I can then ship it to him Monday, and you guys all see where this leads. So Casper75, I will not be responding anymore, to your posts, as I have officially given my side of the story, and it might be entertaining to the other members, but I am sorry you had such a poor experience with us.
Old 03/06/2005, 03:10 PM
Moved On

reponse

You have not responded to realy any of the facts, all your trying to do is save your butt. All I am trying to do is to warn the other reefers out there about you> I dont want someone else getting ripped off . And I do have faith that paypal will take care of this issue. And if people look at my ebay eclipsethis75 they will see unlike you I have 100% postive feed back unlike you . So dont say I am dishonest your the one being dishonest.
Old 03/06/2005, 03:24 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Capdiddy

You shipped critters out on a friday and they wouldn't be delivered until monday? I think you made a mistake. Casper may be over reacting a bit here but you gotta know the critters aren't going to last over a weekend like that. If you didn't realize the shipment wouldn't be delivered until monday the mistake was still yours. I also think calling him a dishonest customer was over the line. I think he is a ****ed off customer which is understandable. I didn't look but based on what others say about the e-bay feedback you sound like a good seller. You two outta kiss and make up, just send him the livestock and make a good impression.
Old 03/06/2005, 03:31 PM
Moved On

i find this all a little humors...sorry

both sides completely different stories...

maybe this should be a lesson, always get the insurance!!!!