Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 12/18/2003, 05:37 PM
sweeeet!!

Response to Wedfr a.k.a. MDLR1 a.k.a. Reefcurrents

Had I known MDLR1 was Wedfr, I never would have contacted him about that GenX/Mak4 pump. It finally came down to me contacting the authorities before he answered any of my e-mails. At this point in time, I don't know where that pump is. BUT, I do know my $120 is that he withdrew from my PayPal account.

I found the secret: Number of posts has nothing to do with who a person is and what kind of business they conduct. How they conduct themselves on this board has everything to do with who they really are. I hope I have been fair with all of you so far.

For anyone out there who is dealing/has dealt with any of the above names, he is the same person. You can do a search on him and determine for yourself, if you want to deal with him.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 12/19/2003, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

I purchased the ampmaster 3000 from him... but have yet to recieve the pump.. as i have left emails asking for shipping info and confirmation that it shipped with no reply... i dont think he understands if its thru paypal youll be found.... hopefully this is a misunderstanding and i will clear his name once i recieve the pump thanx Kevin...
Old 12/19/2003, 12:22 PM
sweeeet!!

I want to clear a few things up to cut down on the PM's I keep receiving. I sent the money on the 12th and the pump, to this day, still has not been shipped. Like I said above, had I known MDLR1 was indeed Wedfr, I never would have contacted him. Furthermore, I would have a brand new pump sitting in my house, compliments of Premium Aquatics and their rapid shipping. I was just trying to help a fellow RC'er out and save $20 or so. Here is a short amount of the conversations we had. If you have further questions, feel free to ask. I know he has been banned from the boards for whatever reason, so he can't respond.....or can he?? "Yea, be careful. He is still on this board. Check his best friend's posts. wylie713"...was a PM someone sent me.

He wrote on the 6th of December:
MDLR1 wrote on 12/06/2003 12:43 PM:
hey mr james,
thats no problem, ill hold it for you, and when the money hits the account i will get the pump over to you.

I sent the $120 on the 12th of December. Many e-mails later, after I threatened to report him, he finally responded, here is a part of his e-mail:
"You will get your pump, dont ask me when i
dont know and i dont really care."

I wrote this on the 16th:
Mr James wrote on 12/16/2003 02:32 PM:
Why haven't you returned my e-mails or PM's?? I hope you have shipped that GenX out. What is the tracking number please. If you need to contact me via phone, I can be reached at 260.428.3237 during the day. I want to resolve this matter smoothly.

He responded on the same day with:
Re: GenX/Mak4
Hi its been sent out. I didnt get any PM's or emails, the same thing with someone else i sold an ampmaster to, HE had hte same cmplaint and also mentioned you i dont know what is up everyone else i sold to ive gotten msgs from and responded back

He wrote just last night (18Dec03):
I will send youa tracking number in an hour
or 2 when i get back from fedex.

And he did an hour later:
Here is the tracking number for fedex

Sent it on the 16th did he?? I checked the FedEx tracking page and it said the number was not found:
Not found
No scan record for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service.
Tracking number

So, I will continue with what I promised I would do if the number was bogus. I will report him to the authorities.

Old 12/19/2003, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

I paid for 2 heaters from him and after several weeks he said that UPS returned them and they were broken.
He did refund my paypal payment.
I was disappointed to not receive the heaters, especially at the ood selling price but my money was returned.
So I don't feel ripped-off or scammed at all.
I believe he will make this right.
Old 12/19/2003, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

If it's wedfr you dealt with, I dealt with him in the past for halide bulbs/reflectors without a hitch.
Old 12/19/2003, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

that tracking # is working now...but i still understand what your saying Mr. James..!!
Old 12/19/2003, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

still waiting on my tracking number.. to work.. he has 225 of my dollars....Kevin
Old 12/22/2003, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Banned

Yes, wedfr, aka MDLR1, aka ReefCurrents has been banned.

Due to the good people here on Reef Central, we may have rescued a few transactions from being scams and stopped a whole new one from forming all together:

FYI here:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=8
Old 12/25/2003, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that i got my pump... i think he just got the shipping done later than he expected... he has been banned... but... not sure why... i have had trouble shipping... thanx Kevin...
Old 12/26/2003, 10:36 AM
sweeeet!!

Finally got my pump, it arrived Christmas Eve. I know now that he wasn't trying to screw me, but I probably won't do business with him in the future just because when I pay for something I expect them to send it immediately as per the agreement.

Old 12/26/2003, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Hey,

I bought a T3 pump from Wedfr on the 15th (paid via Paypal). Before purchasing the pump I checked for his feedback and found it to be okay. Now, I'm wondering....Haven't received the pump and haven't heard from him. Hope I didn't get screwed outa $130.00...

Scott
Old 12/26/2003, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

YOull be ok... just email him... i got my pump.. hes a college student thats real busy... give him a chance... just takes some time to ship out... KEvin..
Old 12/28/2003, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

I'm glad that you guys got the pump. If we work together, we can make this place a great place to buy/sell (it is already with an exception of a few people)

Wedfr:
Don't stay in the kitchen if you can't handle the heat.
Old 12/29/2003, 08:37 AM
sweeeet!!

scotmol: If you need any assitance in recovering your money or your goods, please let me know. "Danny" promised to ship it out "as soon as the money hit his PayPal account". He didn't do what he said, so I turned up the heat. If you or anyone needs any information about him, I think I still have his many contact numbers.

Old 12/29/2003, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

Mr James,

thanks, I'll let you know.

Scott
Old 12/30/2003, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

purchase from this seller

I purchased two 1" used sea swirls from wedfr.
In his post he advertised two used, but still under warranty SS's. I pay pal ed his money to him on dec 16 and received them today, dec 30, seems like a long time to me, but they did arrive.
Tom H
Old 01/07/2004, 05:48 AM
Sumthin's ain't right!

I went through the same ordeal as MrJames. I can honestly say I know how you feel. Almost exactly. It took some "threatening" posts on RC to get my pumps. You can read the details here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=233303

It's kinda funny that someone would continue to do the things they do. I honestly think that he buys and sells things for profit. Which is an honest occupation. But when someone sends money, they should get theor item(s) in a timely manner. His excuses are always the same.

Scotmol (Scott), hopefully you get your pump. Please keep us updated.

John
Old 01/07/2004, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Well,

I didn't get my pump but I did get a Paypal refund last night (after threatening him with my contact in the NYPD). Funny, he completely ignores all of my other emails, but as soon as I threaten him with the law, I get my money back. The guy is definately a scammer. Thanks for the advise and concern!

Scott
Old 01/07/2004, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

You guys, must be extremely careful with this guy, when I tried to expose him everyone thought I was crazy at first:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=3

In the above thread, Danny, aka ReefCurrents, aka MDLR1, aka wedfr tried to get equipment and money sent to him in order to conduct an "experiment." Eventually he got banned from the site.

It appears that he will only respond to messages if you threaten to contact authorities. In other words, he is not a very good seller.

Honestly I am quite proud that the members here on RC all look out for one another. Keep it up guys.
Old 01/07/2004, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Upon doing a search for the name reefcurrents on this site, I just realized that wedfr is still on this site trying to sell products.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...s&pagenumber=2

Apparently he re-registered as DannyD and was banned by a moderator as soon as he posted. (Probably because he self admitted in the above thread to being the owner of reefcurrents ---> who also was wedfr, mdlr1 in the past.

Becareful with doing business with Reefcurrents, DannyD, Wedfr, MDLR1, etc

Hope this helps everyone
Old 01/07/2004, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

I got my pump... just a little late.... Kevin..
Old 01/07/2004, 05:28 PM
Moved On

I greatly appreciate all of this communication from you guys. I am currently out $160 because of this guy. I just wish I'd researched his background before sending him money.... I'm going through the motions to get that back, with (of course) no correspondence from him whatsoever.
Old 01/08/2004, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

jcoleman-

Try this address for him: ReefCurrents@nyc.rr.com

I used that address and a threat to contact the cops and had money back in my Paypal account this morning.

Good luck,

Scott
Old 01/08/2004, 09:10 PM
Sumthin's ain't right!

Jcoleman, if you need his number I think I have it....PM me
Old 01/29/2004, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Add REEFMAN33 and PRRD to the list!

I bagged another crook:

He LIVES!

signing off:
Encyclopedia Brown