Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/09/2008, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Lightbulb Quick BTA question??

i have had my BTA for about 3 weeks now and it had finally started opening all the way up about a week ago. but the last few days i kept the glass lid off of my tank and i notice my BTA was crawling under some live rock? closed up, like something was bothering him. is it normal for BTA's to do this? my buddies sea anemone did the same thing after it was attacked by something.

thanks
Old 01/09/2008, 10:27 AM
The Clownfish COP

What kind of lights are on tank, what type of flow do you have in there, etc? The actions can be anything from being picked on by something or being bothered by larger hosting clowns, even different lighting from where it came from and your tank. Please provide more details and possibly pictures of your set-up and also check the parameters of your tank (i.e. salinity, nitrates, ect.)

-Ian
Old 01/09/2008, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

I have a problem with one of my Bubble tips- I have three and two of them are flourishing. I've had them for several months in a young tank. One however just looks rough it is open but it looks mangled and weak. Its color is off a sort of whitesh pink. It does not seem to be getting picked on by anything. I have four pygmy angels, two damsels, a naso tang, a blenny, three fighting conchs, several hermits, and a bunch of snails. Anyone got some thoughts?
Old 01/09/2008, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

i will take some pics when i get home of it. but this is a 20g tank with a current 65w PC 50/50 bulb. i have a 60g marinelife HOB filter and a tamm rio HOB needle wheel skilter. the anemone is about halfway down in the tank on some live rock. i also noticed that 1 of my mushrooms went underneath a rock as well so maybe the light is too bright with the glass top off of the tank.
Old 01/09/2008, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

I have read that the nem will move to the most comfy place.
When you bought it, was it attached already to rock?
Old 01/09/2008, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Also, PC's would not be too much light in a 20 gal. What are your water paremeters?
Old 01/09/2008, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Salt creep could have fallen off the lid when you removed it, that will irratate them, and cause them to move.( been there done that). Mine shriveled up for about 2 days then moved.Took about a week or two move back up in the rocks.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:04 PM
Beer King

Quote:
Originally posted by brentA
I have a problem with one of my Bubble tips- I have three and two of them are flourishing. I've had them for several months in a young tank. One however just looks rough it is open but it looks mangled and weak. Its color is off a sort of whitesh pink. It does not seem to be getting picked on by anything. I have four pygmy angels, two damsels, a naso tang, a blenny, three fighting conchs, several hermits, and a bunch of snails. Anyone got some thoughts?
I'm just curious what 4 Pygmy angels do you have. I was always under the assumption not to mix angels. I'm not judging or nything just curious.
Old 01/11/2008, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

sorry this is completly off topic but may i ask what a bta is? lol sorry new =P

Edit:

bubble tip anemone

doh! really helps if i read the FAQ /sigh nvm =)

Last edited by aspinn; 01/11/2008 at 12:42 AM.