Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 01/01/2008, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

Snowflake eel question

I added a small (8") snowflake yesterday. After acclimation, he swam into the rocks and I haven't seen him since.

I sealed the top and all openings bigger than his tiny little head before adding him. I swore I wasn't going to be paranoid if I didn't see him today, but of course I was checking the floor this morning. D'oh!

Any idea how long it'll take him to come out again?
Old 01/01/2008, 01:43 PM
Premium Member

I bought one not that long ago he did the same to me went straight down to the rocks and i didn't seem him for 2 days...then when i went to feed him i had to put the food down to where i seen him come out once.... then 2 days later i see him again coming out more so i used a pair of tongs to feed him and teased him to come out...now he eats every other day and usually comes out about half hour before feeding time now he swims around comes and gets his food till he's full then disappear under the rocks again till its feeding time in 2 days again otherwise i never see him out only when its feeding time....not sure why but ihad him for about 1 month now and that is what he's been doing.....
Old 01/01/2008, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Ugh, never mind. I just found him, dead, being eaten by my pincushion urchin.

:-(
Old 01/01/2008, 01:58 PM
Premium Member

Angry

sorry to hear that maybe he wasn't healthy to start with ummm million of things go of went wrong who knows....sorry to hear about the bad news....
Old 01/01/2008, 02:02 PM
Premium Member

Thanks.