Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/31/2005, 08:53 PM
1/2 century and counting

I think I'm getting all video-ed out

Here is the latest of my 67g, breaking my most basic rule of having EVERYTHING in focus, called "leave the capsule ....if you can".

640 x 480 pixels, 48.6 MB, 4:31 minutes....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-leavet...-ifyoudare.wmv

Dang, the link is not working, nor are the other videos from my site Will find out the problem and see what can be done

Okay, it seems like the problem was with my new PC. Link should work for everyone

Last edited by Beverly; 10/31/2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10/31/2005, 08:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Travis, those are great. Thanks for posting them. Do I know this anonomous person? Do they post on RC ever?
At the time that the 1700 thread came out he wished to remain anonymous. Only because he is very busy with work and family and when he acknowledges that it is his tank, you know he is going to get floode with questions in threads, pm's, and emails. His family comes first and he doesn't want to sacrifice time with them. He did come out a day or 2 ago and say that the tank was his in the thread, but that he won't be able to answer questions on a regular basis. He has been an RC member for a couple years but only has 100 posts. He is one of the most intellegent people I've met so he may not post a lot but the posts he does make are very valuable.
Old 10/31/2005, 11:19 PM
TRC Leader

I'll have to find that thread. Tanks like that need a username associated with them, even if they don't have time to post. Heck, how do I have time with all the water in my home?

Bob, you'll have enough bandwidth. Others may find that their bandwidth won't keep up. One saving grace is that there are so many videos on the first page that people will probably pick a few and move on rather than viewing every last one of them.

Beverly must have unlimited bandwidth. Another 50 megger!
Old 10/31/2005, 11:24 PM
TRC Leader

Here is the latest of my 67g, breaking my most basic rule of having EVERYTHING in focus

Wow, you really did break that rule. I honestly don't know how you accomplished that.
Old 11/01/2005, 12:37 AM
Premium Member

Marc, what month/year were you TOTM? Also, what's with your avatar these days? It has that black bar through it?

Travis, are we allowed to 'know' the ID of the reefer 'God' if we promise not to PM/question, etc.??? (pleeeze). I can't fathom a tank that size! Cool that he has his priorities so in line though.

RYAN!! Hey, we missed you..get some stuff going for us..have your daughter narrate her summer if need be.

Beverly, yours should be a Media Player skin..very cool! Did you see my use of the song for one of the microscope vids? (I have to toute (tout?) the scope stuff sometimes, 'I' at least enjoy them.

Adam, your tank is looking nice and filled out - I have an anemone I had to remove, he's in a holding tank..my other huge one I'm keeping. Let me know if you'd like it (freebie), he's a good clowny home.

Bob, my average per day has never exceeded 2gig..and we have a lot of folks hitting the site for non-reef stuff. You should be able to check your daily/monthly usage and remaining from whoever your host is. Mine has a 'site stats' page.

Have you guys noticed how FEW people have voted in general for the thread poll?? Where has everyone on RC gone? I can't believe the numbers are so low, but, congrats Bob, hands down you've got it!
Old 11/01/2005, 01:24 AM
Premium Member

avansickle, his RC handle is Energy.
Old 11/01/2005, 02:07 AM
TRC Leader

Amy, voting is always weak on that poll for some reason, and we give everyone about 5 to 7 days to participate. It really is a shame, because there are tens of thousands of people on RC, with about 2000 online at any given hour. You'd think it would be simple to get 500 or more votes.

I killed 8 of my gorgeous fish a week ago: http://www.melevsreef.com/log.html

My thread was Thread of the Month in January of this year. It is the same thread I post to virtually daily, and it nearly 200 pages long now. It documents the 280g reef from the moment I decided to rip out the wall and build a fish room.
Old 11/01/2005, 02:37 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
Adam, your tank is looking nice and filled out - I have an anemone I had to remove, he's in a holding tank..my other huge one I'm keeping. Let me know if you'd like it (freebie), he's a good clowny home.[/B]
What kind? I have been looking for a nice BTA for some time
Old 11/01/2005, 07:12 AM
1/2 century and counting

Amy,

That's one of my favourite Bowie songs and have had it in my collection for awhile. Had been collecting various large format videos for use with that song since finishing my last video, but couldn't get the right feel for the video until I went completely out of focus

Marc,

Don't think we have unlimited bandwidth Will look at our stats and have dear husband Chris give me advice.

At least there were no discernable snails in the new vid
Old 11/01/2005, 03:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Beverly
Amy,

That's one of my favourite Bowie songs and have had it in my collection for awhile. Had been collecting various large format videos for use with that song since finishing my last video, but couldn't get the right feel for the video until I went completely out of focus

Marc,

Don't think we have unlimited bandwidth Will look at our stats and have dear husband Chris give me advice.

At least there were no discernable snails in the new vid

Well I think you one-uped my B&W video Bev..... Amy was right... it would make a nice media player skin.... I kept watching for it to come"in" to focus.....

Bob
Old 11/01/2005, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

For those of you looking for the thread on the monster 1700gal stingray reef ( Marc ) ... here it is...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...9&goto=newpost

Bob
Old 11/01/2005, 03:47 PM
TRC Leader

Thanks.
Old 11/01/2005, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Don't mention it you've certainly helped me when I needed it.... And thanks for the "top-off" advice... That ( I believe ) will do the trick....

Bob
Old 11/01/2005, 04:12 PM
1/2 century and counting

Quote:
Originally posted by fishman805
Well I think you one-uped my B&W video Bev..... Amy was right... it would make a nice media player skin.... I kept watching for it to come"in" to focus.....
Husband was also waiting for it to come into focus
Old 11/01/2005, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

WE DID IT GUYS.....!! TOTM.... WHOO HOO...

This is absolutely incredible.... I want to personally thank everyone for making this one of the best threads going... And like the energizer bunny, It's still going and going and going......

Thanks people... to everyone who has posted here and everyone who has provided the outstanding videos that we've all had the privalege to watch.... My hat is totally off to you.....

PARTY AT AMYS HOUSE...... !!! ( just kidding )

Thanks again

Bob
Old 11/01/2005, 08:07 PM
Standpipe Guy

Nice.

I took some footage last night with a sony camera I borrowed. Hope to turn it into another video. This time I'll include the tank room and configuration. I personally like to see the mess behind and under the tank to see how others manage the setup. (Melev - did you post one with a tour of the room yet?)

(Hardest part is picking out a song not already selected that I happen to have handy.)

Visit My Chunk of the Ocean, click the Red House above.
Old 11/01/2005, 11:31 PM
TRC Leader

No, I've not done a fish room tour yet. I'd really like to use a real camcorder instead of my Fuji to do that.
Old 11/02/2005, 12:51 AM
Premium Member

Marc, I'm still confused about your Avatar. What are/were the magnificent eight, and what is the border there for? Just curious, something drastic has happened? I'll hop over to your thread if the details are there.

Rich, I'm SURE you can find some good tunes! Want to see more from you soon.
Old 11/02/2005, 12:54 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishman805
WE DID IT GUYS.....!! TOTM.... WHOO HOO...

This is absolutely incredible.... I want to personally thank everyone for making this one of the best threads going... And like the energizer bunny, It's still going and going and going......

Thanks people... to everyone who has posted here and everyone who has provided the outstanding videos that we've all had the privalege to watch.... My hat is totally off to you.....

PARTY AT AMYS HOUSE...... !!! ( just kidding )

Thanks again

Bob
Hey, COME ON OVER!! Plenty plenty of room; we can do a 'training session' on videos, and get expert advice on tank stuff. It woud be awesome!! Anyone game for a drive to Cleveland, or using FF points to get here, let me know. It's a TRUE invite, good suggestion Bob. Unfortunately, I won't go anywhere cuz I'm afraid the tanks will all crash.
Old 11/02/2005, 03:06 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
Marc, I'm still confused about your Avatar. What are/were the magnificent eight, and what is the border there for? Just curious, something drastic has happened?
I'm changing it back tomorrow. Here's why it was what it was: http://www.melevsreef.com/log.html
Old 11/02/2005, 06:17 AM