Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion

Old 04/02/2005, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

You're a stronger person than I am.....................good for you!

Bronco have a 351 or 302?
Old 04/02/2005, 11:11 AM
REEFAHOLIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by DgenR8
Japheth,
Could be that brittle star, but I'm not sure that the hermit could fall victim to him.
Have you heard popping or snapping sounds coming from your tank?
I'm thinking the starfish too but it just doesn't seem right since I've had it for a year and never had a single problem out of it. I've even seen it with an arm laying on a fish and it has never tried to eat them. I've also looked at it every time and it never looks any fatter.

I've never heard any popping sounds why would that matter? are you thinking a mantis?
Old 04/02/2005, 11:14 AM
REEFAHOLIC!

if we do decide it's the starfish that gives me an excuse to set up another tank cause we don't want to get rid of him!!
Old 04/02/2005, 11:24 AM
RC Staff
American

The Bronco came with either a 302 (5.0L) or a 351 (5.8L) I don't think a 351 Cleveland was an option, but in any case, I have a 351 Winsor in mine.
Japheth,
Yep, I'm thinking that you may have a Mantis in there, but if you do, you would almost definitely have heard it. They are usually difficult to see, but almost always easy to hear.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....
Old 04/02/2005, 01:43 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

yeah, I've never heard anything like that.
Old 04/02/2005, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

That's good...........the 302's are a little weak. I just picked up a 71 (early bronco) right before Christmas.
Old 04/03/2005, 07:34 AM
RC Staff
American

In N/E Texas, that '71 Bronco has a good chance of still having some metal on the body. Up here in the land of road salt and ocean, there's nothing that old that still has a body on it.
Ford has always built a good truck, their cars have long left something to be desired in my book, but their trucks are well built. How many miles on that '71??

Old 04/03/2005, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Japheth
if we do decide it's the starfish that gives me an excuse to set up another tank cause we don't want to get rid of him!!
lol, I got that 55 for sale, i sold the stand but i have a metal one and the tank is ready to go home. Be a great um Brittle Star Tank Give me a call and we can talk about a price, would love to sell it to somebody in the area.
Old 04/03/2005, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Cool

Sub what are ypu looking to get fot your 55?
later
Old 04/03/2005, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

$50
Old 04/03/2005, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Unknown miles on the 71. It has a good body, but hasn't been started in 10 years. I'm just getting ready to tear into it. It'll be a complete restoration, but on that truck that isn't a whole lot.
Old 04/03/2005, 06:18 PM
RC Staff
American

Do yourself a favor, and drop that gas tank, and clean it out completely (better to replace it with a new, plastic one. Check JC Whitney) and fill up with the highest octane fuel you can find before you try to kick her over. Drop the oil and filter, and replace with new, then pull the distributor, and turn the oil pump with a drill to make sure everything is well lubed too.

Old 04/03/2005, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Good advice Larry, I'm going to go ahead and frame off the body and replace all the bushings and springs, replace all the rubber hoses, clean the tanks, and go through the engine. I'm sure it has more than 100000 on it and I've got a set of gt-40 heads looking for a home. I think I'm going to fuel inject it, too.............especially with gas prices like they are.........
Old 04/03/2005, 06:56 PM
REEFAHOLIC!

Quote:
Originally posted by sublime250
lol, I got that 55 for sale, i sold the stand but i have a metal one and the tank is ready to go home. Be a great um Brittle Star Tank Give me a call and we can talk about a price, would love to sell it to somebody in the area.
well, I've got a 30 I was going to use but a 55??? hmmmm I might have to find a place to put that one if I can get some extra money. That would make a nice aggresive tank and I've already got a 4' light. I'll have to think about that one and get back to you on it.

What size tank did you replace it with??
Old 04/03/2005, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

a 55 should be 4' , Japeth :-}
Old 04/03/2005, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

i bought a 75 gallon oceanic w/ a 30 gallon sump and a 25 gallon eclipse (aka the SH tank) for the g/f =-)

The 55 curently has marks DIY auto top off system on it, and i have a metal stand that is not included in the price but it probably wouldn't be that hard to get me to part with it =-)
Old 04/09/2005, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sublime250
i bought a 75 gallon oceanic w/ a 30 gallon sump and a 25 gallon eclipse (aka the SH tank) for the g/f =-)

The 55 curently has marks DIY auto top off system on it, and i have a metal stand that is not included in the price but it probably wouldn't be that hard to get me to part with it =-)
Subline, how's the new tank coming along? Have you gotten your girlfriend's seahorse tank set up yet? We'll want to see pics of both. TR/Texas Rancher from marine and reef talk has quite a bit of experience with the seahorses as well as bump and a couple of other people. Between TR and bump they should be able to answer any question you might have.

Get ready with the pics!

Cindy
Old 04/09/2005, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=569460