Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/12/2004, 01:52 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

Creade - crammed UNDER my stand, on the side of my stand (chiller and dual temp controller)...AND BEHIND IT!!!

Quote:
Lunch, can you snap/cut those shims off?
DONE!! just wanted to make sure after it settled into the carpet it was perfect. just cut them off about 10min ago

niteshado - thanks!! i'll try to get more pics sometime soon

RobChuck - thanks i used a black marker...like a permanent sharpie...worked GREAT, CHEAP, and i ask Randy the chemisty guy and he said shouldn't have ANY problems in a tank!

SawCJack00 - Bill LOL whatever that means

can't wait to see some growth. BUT i believe the corals are starting to heal (the pieces i broke off during the move and the receeding ones from the 20H) i think it is ALL THE FLOW! and boy is there a LOT. gotta love it. my polyps are out like 24/7 now!! and either i am crazy or something but i SWEAR they are healing up SUPER FAST!!

just need to get my foxface, cleaner shrimp, emerald or 2, and a few more snails and hermits. then down the road add some more clams

later
Lunchbucket

"Nancy-Boy Extraordinaire"
- maxxII-
Old 05/12/2004, 02:07 PM
Under 2 Club

Thumbs up

VERY Nice!!!
Old 05/12/2004, 02:46 PM
TRC Leader

Looks great, Lunch! I never heard of using the Sharpie markers before. I know some people use the cleaner portion of PVC cement to make the pipes purple.

Did you have any issues removing that capricornis from the glass, and if so how did you pry it off?

I bet it'll look amazing in a 6 months!
Old 05/12/2004, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

Good looking tank just love that wavemaker.----------My Lagoon
Old 05/12/2004, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

The new tank looks great Lunch! Can't wait to see it fill in like the 20
Old 05/12/2004, 03:48 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

BigDaddy -

melev - thanks buddy!! yeah someone else pointed me to them and i asked Randy...he said NO PROBLEM!! that cap came cleanly off the glass...like it wasn't even attached...never had to scrape pry or ANYTHING....sadly enough i droped it and i shattered to a billion pieces....i feel bad but to tell you the truth is was quite ugly so i am not TOO sad

onefin - yeah this wavemaker ROCKS. dang i wish you could see the flow. the 4way on an iwaki 55rlt....YEAH YEAH!!

Gatorfan - i can't wait to see everything grow in. plus i have a few "i owe you's" for frags...so i am gonna take them up and fill in a few spots w/ some PURDYS would love to see what she looks like in 6 months!!

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 05/12/2004, 04:05 PM
TRC Leader

I can't believe you pulverized one of your SPS!!!

In the "right shot" picture, you have a monti that appears to be wrapped around an acropora perhaps? Can we get a closeup?
Old 05/12/2004, 07:55 PM
Premium Member

Tagging on - Luch - i have the same chiller as you have. It is a pain in the *** how it kicks in and then blows heat out of it..

My wife hate's it in our little flat.

New tank and new stand will also do the fans to cool down before the chiller kicks in.

Ballabooyeah
Old 05/13/2004, 09:03 AM
Master of the Box Lunch

melev - yeah on the "right" is that orange cap w/ the purple tip acro i had in the 20H.

here they are happy together in the 20H....well not happy the purple tip trys coving the cap...but they grow SOOOO fast

old 20H when moving!

right before the piece got dropped and smashed into one billion pieces

i'll get some more pics of the new 58 today!!!

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 05/13/2004, 09:04 AM
Master of the Box Lunch

BallaBooyeaH - you will get the heat in you apt somehow. i would rather have the reliable chiller w/out all the evap.

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 05/13/2004, 12:48 PM
cnidarian vigilante

Lunch, That setup looks sweet!! Glad the wavemaker is working out. I saw one the other week, it wasn't hookup but the quality looked top notch.

Good luck with the tank. I'm looking forward to some nice pictures in the future!
Old 05/13/2004, 01:02 PM
TRC Leader

That huge cap was amazing! It would have been a gorgeous piece for the backwall of your tank! I know you didn't like it, but I was always fascinated by that one coral in your tank.

Hi, I'm Marc, and I'm a Cap-a-holic.
Old 05/13/2004, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Lunch its all looking sweet. Pity about the coral smashing into pieces.

I just know this tanks destined for TOTM! Keep up the good work man.
Old 05/13/2004, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Looks great Lunch. I just finished upgrading to a 58 also.
Old 05/13/2004, 03:37 PM
When Can I Upgrade

My props to the "Master of the Box Lunch" Hey LB - I thought I'd give you early warning that you'll be helping me when I set up a new tank. Talk to ya at the end of the summer.
Old 05/13/2004, 03:44 PM
Huey Freeman 4 President!

gogog
Old 05/13/2004, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Those oceansmotions wavemakers are the best! I've had mine going in my 65 gallon for about a month now, and love it! You're tank looks great.
Old 05/13/2004, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Pics of the new fifty eight!!!!!!!! :: drool ::
Old 05/13/2004, 07:02 PM
lift it up tallways

Nice work Lunch. You raised the bar again. My wife's gonna be ticked.

How do you like the external pump? Did you switch out the blueline for an iwaki?

FWIW, I recently got rid of my mag 9.5 in favor of a blueline 1100. The flow is amazing, and my tank temp has been much more manageable. No more submersibles for me, I'm a believer.

I can't wait to see the tank fill in. Great job with the new setup.

Don't forget to take progress pics as your setup matures.

-E.
Old 05/14/2004, 12:30 AM
Master of the Box Lunch

JB NY - thanks buddy!! this oceansmotions unit is AWESOME. my corals are healing up so fast and LOVE the flow!! they are actually changing/intensifying in color i believe. oh i can't wait to post more adn more pics when everything settles in and starts growing. need to get my levels adjusted first and HOPE to get either a 250 or another 400 watter on there for either 650w or 800w of halide power

melev- yeah that cap was pretty sweet. started and a small frag..a 50cent piece or so. was about 2" or so away from the glass and just decided to take of. the back glass would have been a cool place for it. i LOVE caps too. can't wait to see my orange and bright green take off...i have a buddy that SHOULD have a green w/ purple rim for me too

sahin - ohhhh...hold on now TOTM...don't know about that...she is just a baby and there are a TON of nice tanks out there...we will see how she matures w/ my care

reeftanktime - sweet sized tanks aren't they. about perfect for a "smaller" tank size

Turf - oh don't worry buddy i will help you out...but you didn't send me that dual 400w ballast....so my services might be pretty spendy

rocknut - these oceansmotions units are TOP NOTCH...i can't say enough good things about them and Pauls customer services is AMAZING...heck he just shot the breeze w/ me till like 11:30 one night...great guy. i would recomment EVERYONE have one. very simple and easy to use...w/ SOOOOOOO many options...ENDLESS

Sting - think you are drooling now!! just wait!!

Ewan - OOPS!! sorry buddy guess i didnt' get "clearance" did i

like the external...NO I LOVE IT!! i am using an iwaki 55rlt and NOT the blueline MD 30 (1110 gph) that i was planning. a buddy right around here had one for a sweet price and figured the MORE FLOW would be better....but i have a brand new blueline on back up or to replace the mag 950...that i HATE. yeah i HATE submersible pumps...i NEVER EVER NEVER want one again...i just wish i had more room so i could have a bigger sump and get rid of this POS mag 950.

yeah i want to see it fill in too....the way it is starting it will fill in FAST!! thanks...setup was actually pretty fun and i had a LOT of help from Paul (www.oceansmotions.com) and Travis (buddy around a town here).

progress pics...pshhh... you ever known me to scimp on pics????

hey got anything to trade Ewan?? also tell the wife hi for me and NOT to kill me

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 05/14/2004, 12:12 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

the webpage that will hold all the updates!!!

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 05/14/2004, 01:51 PM
TRC Leader

Hey Lunch, why do you use thumbnails? The reason I ask is that if a person goes to your site, they download the page of thumbnails. Let's say it adds up to 100k.

Then they click on an image to download that. Now they go back to the thumbnails, and back to the next big image. It seems to be a very redundant system, and might even use more bandwidth with the back-n-forth routine, unless it is reloaded via Cache.

I've always used large images so that they can just see everything.
Old 05/14/2004, 11:30 PM
Premium Member

just tagging along here

looks great
Old 05/15/2004, 08:18 PM
Master of the Box Lunch

HEY HEY HEY - the LFS had a SWEET foxface. acclimated it. and it IMMEDIATELY ate some algae in my tank. its colors don't look stressed, it it out hanging out in plain view, and nibbling!! i'm SOOOO happy

pics to come tonight!!!

Lunchbucket

- maxxII-
Old 05/15/2004, 08:19 PM
Moved On

Sweet, i need a baby to get rid of my algae, then sell it =). Can neverr find one here.