Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/30/2006, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Dannyboy,
I cant get my pics to load on here but you can see many pics of mine on the other main board under this screenname. I have had tremendous success with this coral and my feeding method so far. In my opinion, it is a huge mistake to remove this coral for every feeding. WAY too much stress and they are very delicate. The "flesh" should NEVER be touched. You will have MUCH greater success feeding with the "cup method". Drill a few small holes in a small tupperware container that will fit over the coral and shoot the food in using a small syringe. Cyclopeeze soaked in zoecon or selcon works awesome. I feed that 2 times a week and krill soaked in selcon/zoecon 2 times a week.
Mine no longer fits inside its 4x4x4 tupperware container. When i got it like 3 months ago it fit inside a 2x2x2.
Old 06/01/2006, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

Pic of my hotpink/red suncoral found dying in LFS.
Old 06/01/2006, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

hey Dannyboy, I use a feeding hat to feed my sun corals. Cut the top part off of a 2 liter coke bottle and put big enough holes, three or four, and put the feeding hat on top of the coral. The fish and inverts will not bother the coral while it is trying to eat. And the juice from the mysis or whatever you are using will bring the polyps right out. Awesome techinque I picked up. Had my sun corals trained in three days.