Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/10/2007, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

is this wavemake worth it?

just want to know everyone's opinion

thanks

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...004+22788+2032
Old 02/10/2007, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

Depends on what you are trying to do. I wouldnt buy a new one if you have your heart set on it, I would get one in the BST forum. It is not really a wave maker in the real sense of the word like the Tunze Wavebox, but if your looking for random current, I guess it would be alright in a 60 gallon but if it were a larger tank you probably wouldn't notice anything. If it were me, I would look for something else though.
Old 02/10/2007, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

yeah i need it for a 60 gal. or maybe get 2 of the maxijet 900 and get this

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...id=11363&rel=1

do you think its worth it?
Old 02/10/2007, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

I have the ubove system on my 100 gallon with the 3 maxi 1200's and you could barly see anything, lol. I took the back pump and put it on a constant current, and that made alittle difference. Lets just say in the one month it has been going, all the maxijets are on constant current. I like the flow alot better, and it doesnt scare the crap out of my fish everytime the pump would come on. I found the pumps got really loud when they were on the timer, and now they are breaking in better with the constant power. But with your 60 gallon you could probably get away with the 3 maxi 1200's, and you would have a wave action. I would not put this system on anything over 4 feet long, you just dont get enough flow to the other side of the tank. JMO,

Michael

100 Gallon 100Lbs L/R, 100lbs L/S, Tek Limited Edition 6 Bulb!!