Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/02/2005, 11:08 PM
Onizzle Rizzle

Growing up near the beach in Florida, Speedos made it easy to pick out the tourist. Not sure why, but this seemed to be the swimwear of choice for Canadians (maybe it's a French thing ).

BTW - we always referred to Speedos as "Cheap Hotels"
Old 05/03/2005, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

Not having this puritanical baggage that a lot of USAsians carry, I don't have a problem with anybody wearing skintight skimpy clothes in general. So what if a fat hairy old wrinkly sagging woman wants to wear a barbie bikini (or nothing at all) - If it makes her feel comfy, more power to her!

Personally, I find it hilarious to see bathing 'shorts' that extend beyond the knees on people apparently uncomfortable with how God created their bodies. I tried those superlong swimming trunks and wasn't happy with how long they stay wet after a swim. Very annoying. I rather wear speedos just for the added convenience of quick drying.
Old 05/03/2005, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

I've found Speedo's to have a practical use. Ever pushed a canoe through shallows in a big baggy normal swimsuit? Gets a lot easier with the speedo on. And as a bonus it means I still get use out of my Highschool Varsity Uniform. It's amazing that they last a decade.
Old 05/03/2005, 10:03 AM
Onizzle Rizzle

Old 05/03/2005, 12:23 PM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by jimwat

LOL, now that should be a law!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 05/03/2005, 12:41 PM
RC Mod
RC Sponsor

On the beaches in Texas they have a sign "Camping and temporary shelters prohibited". Thats why I wouldn't wear a speedo, some hot girl would walk by, I'd pitch a tent and be breaking the law

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"
Old 05/03/2005, 12:44 PM
Medieval French Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by rvitko
On the beaches in Texas they have a sign "Camping and temporary shelters prohibited". Thats why I wouldn't wear a speedo, some hot girl would walk by, I'd pitch a tent and be breaking the law
LMAO!
Old 05/03/2005, 01:53 PM
Rubberman

Old 05/03/2005, 03:06 PM
forever newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by rvitko

Too, too funny!!!
Old 05/03/2005, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gtrestoration
Not your husband I presume.
SteveU
No!

He's hairy, though. He could use a good waxing!

Just kidding. He would never survive.
Old 05/03/2005, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
Some clothes are just not appropriate for some people! Poor baby, were you scarred for life?
On reflection, yes. Everytime I think of that beautiful, red beach, I see mister naked man bouncing towards the sea. bleah! There are just some things you should not share!
Old 05/03/2005, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gawain1974
Amen sister!!!! I LOVE the speedo...on the right person. As Debi says, you have to know what works for you.

I'm reminded of my time combing the beaches in France where most women opt to go topless. While I found the whole experience traumatic (ok, not really, I don't care...I was focusing on the speedos), it's not as nice as you might imagine. Just picture some old Louis Vuitton leather luggage that have seen too many luggage carrousels. Not pretty.
O.k., well you would have loved the scene I witnessed on South Beach in November. This young man had a rather transparent, white, speedo on. He stood up from his towel, deliberately oiled himself up and down his entire body, and then started doing the 400 yard dash back and forth on the beach. He got A LOT of people's attention!!!!!

Old 05/03/2005, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

O.k., I think I'm caught up on this thread. I go do the mommy thing and I miss all the fun.

You all make for fun reading in the morning over coffee and making PB&J's. Thanks!
-Molly
Old 05/03/2005, 07:11 PM
in the bathtub

Another sight not to see, we landed the helicopter on a sand bar and were getting ready to start attacking a fire. My partner and I were unloading the tail boom when I looked through the helicopter and saw someone standing on a rock in the river taking our picture. This is nothing unusual, except he was standing there in his altogether with Mr. Richard swinging in the breeze. Turns out we had landed next to a nude gay beach. A Speedo would have been greatly appreciated at that time.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."