Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/12/2005, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

I'm lost... need help.

I'm looking for a new reef tank. Interested in anything from a nano up to some where around a 125. I'm looking primarily for a tank to start but a stand and other accessories wouldnt hurt as I have nothing left over from my last tank.

I just moved out here from the west coast and sold my reef prior to the move. Hence to say, I'm lost without it and need to replace it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys... and girls.
Old 01/12/2005, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

Pm,d you.
Old 01/13/2005, 01:53 AM
"Wise men still seek HIM"

Are you lookin' for something used, or, new?
Old 01/13/2005, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Hoosier daddy pm sent back.

Stormbringer, I guess I'm looking for something that fits the budget more than anything. I only have a few hundred so my options are limited. If I went with a nano I could probably go new but if I went with something larger I would assume I'd have to go used. Either way is cool with me, I'm just lookin for a new project.

A nanocube or one of those Alife nanos would be pretty nice. If I go nano I would like it to be self contained(in terms of filtration) with the exception of the lighting. For that I plan to win the lottery and buy an AquaMedic ocean light pendant

If I go larger than a nano there's nothing I have my mind really set on. I would like there to be a good distance from the front panel of glass to the back panel so I'd have more freedom with the aquascape but other than that I'm open to what the budget allows

Thanks.
Old 01/13/2005, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

I have a 60 Gallon acrylic cube with stand, hood, PC lighting and a built in sump with a skimmer. It includes the return pump and skimmer pump too. All the lights have less than a months use on them. It needs some cleaning up and has some small surface scratches but nothing a scratch removal kit won't get rid of easily.

I'm asking $300 for it. PM me if you're interested.
Old 01/13/2005, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

WifesaysImnuts... thats funny. Anyhow Pm sent.
Old 01/13/2005, 02:25 PM
"Wise men still seek HIM"

I've got a 75g set up & running, (3 years now),with stand and canopy, 260 watts PC lights, 20g sump, Won bros heater, Marinland S.O.S. overflow. The set up is full of tree frags & shrooms, GSP, a few fish & some Macro Algae.....I'd take $350 for the tank setup after I sell the livestock.
Old 01/13/2005, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

I have a friend that will sell a complete 125. pm me if interested.
He is going to sell his house very soon, due to bike accident. Is is up and running with some corals.

Lewis
Old 01/15/2005, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

PMs sent.

Still looking. Any help is appreciated.
Old 01/16/2005, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

I have a 55 gallon that has been running for 3 years. The tank has a little LR with mushrooms and polyps and a CC substrate full of pods and worms. I can throw in a couple colt frags if you want. 440 watts of VHO lighting w a single NO actinic dusk/dawn light. Seaclone skimmer, overflow, pump etc. $200

I upgraded to a 90 and have been using this tank to cure LR.

90 gal,
Dual 250 MH Ushio 10k
Dual VHO actinic URI
4" DSB
55 Gallon Sump w/ Refugium
Euro Reef CS6-1 skimmer
Reef Tek Calcium Reactor
5 Years reefing