Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/17/2004, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

SOon to be ColoReefer;)

Hey what's going on everyone?

I'm a soon to be Colorado reefer and thought I'd make some friends before I get out there. I'm moving to Colorado Springs first of the year and am stoked to see theres other reefers out there I've been living in SanDiego for the last 13 years but before that I lived in CastleRock. Although I'm gonna miss cali, i'm really lookin forward to the change of scenery.

I'm excited about the move but dredding moving my tank. Luckily its only 20 gallons(well 30 with the sump/fuge) but I'm still stressin it.

ANyhow, I'm bringin an arsenal of zoos, shrooms, and rics so you fellas better be ready for a frag swap. Maybe I'll have to host one at my Moms place

Talk to you guys later
Old 12/17/2004, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Welcome back.
Old 12/17/2004, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Welcome back Jerome.

Kip
Old 12/18/2004, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Welcome back. You will find there are plenty of people who are always looking to trade frags.
Old 12/18/2004, 02:55 AM
Registered Member

Hi, Jerome. Welcome back! I may send you a PM and pick your brain. My wife and I are going to San Diego at the end of Feb for vacation, and we want to make sure we see what is worth seeing!
Shrooms, zoas, and rics are right up my alley, although I don't have a lot to frag right now. I am hoping my zoas will take off next week when I put a t-5 bulb over my tank......then maybe we can work something out when you get settled.......

Randy

"All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one." --Homer Simpson
Old 12/18/2004, 03:29 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas Lookin forward to the new digs.

I cant believe how reasonable apartments are out there. Its gonna be nice to be relieved of this $1300 a month burden. Anyone know of any nice/reasonable($800 or less) 2 bedroom apartments? Any help is appreciated.

rplank, i'll help you anyway I can. Just hit me up.
Old 12/18/2004, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

"Anyone know of any nice/reasonable($800 or less) 2 bedroom apartments"

LOLOLOL he is a comedian too!!!!!!

welcome back!!!
Old 12/18/2004, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

I'm hoping I'm a comedian cause its a breeze to find an apartment for that price. If not... please tell me what to expect.
Old 12/18/2004, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

I know Denver has places pretty close to that price. I lived in San Dog for a while and I think the cost of living here in Denver is just slightly less.

As everyone else has said, welcome back.
Old 12/19/2004, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Jdallred, thanks for the welcome. What decided your move out of SD and into colorado?

Last week when I got the letter to renew my lease for january and saw rent was going up beyond the $1300 i'm currently paying, I looked at my girlfriend and said "F*ck it! Lets move!" Luckily she's crazy like me, looked back and said "Lets do it!" So we're on our way!

Luckily I have tons of other reasons to go back other than our nuttyness. My Mom and two bro's live in the springs as well as a couple aunts and uncles scattered throughout the state. I can transfer with my job and maintain the same income at a lower cost of living. Four seasons... Oh man we cant wait to spend Christmas in the snow. The same old day after day cali weather believe it or not gets old. Oh the Broncos, I cant forget the Broncos! My first pro ball game was on my 10th birthday, watching John Elway and the broncos kick the crap out of the colts in "MileHigh" stadium. It was cold as hellll and raining like crazy but to this day the best game I have ever seen. And on top of it all I see there's a pretty cool group of reefers out there too. As said before, I'm lookin forward to the new digs!