Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2008, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Scaling Back, selling off items, I will be generous.

Hi all, I am scaling back (not getting out), so I have several items to sell off and some to give away. Here is some background, I'll post a full list tonight after I put it all together.

I guarantee DOA on everything so if you can't get anything to work for you, you don't pay for it.

I have two tanks:

1) 220 gallon glass 6x4x4
with homemade stand
with homemade hood

2) 30 gallon acrylic square (shows signs of use)
with hood (lighting needs work (I never used it))
with stand
with 10 gallon sump

3) lots of components (pumps, filters, skimmers, etc.)

4) two dual 250watt light setups metalhalide (one set unused)

special notes:

1) the 220g tank and stand were a gift to me from Tom S. so I feel obliged to pass it along to someone else in the club the same way. Yes, that means I want to give these to someone who will make real good use of them (a newbie in the club who has no tank if possible, else someone looking to upgrade), and I will add the hood too since it is home made for this tank only and nothing wonderous to behold.

However, this tank is currently housing my fish, lots of live rock and 6 bags of southdown sand so I would give preference also to someone willing to buy at least one pair of the lighting from me. Tom said he fixed one of the corners of the tank several years ago becuase it leaked and so he did not guarantee it to be defect free for me. I never had any problem with it but every time you move a tank, who knows what can happen, so even though it is free, keep that in mind.

2) I have lots of live rock. Many pieces are large. However, they also have undesireables on them, anyone who buys this rock will have to do something to remove these undesireables by cooking or whatever you do. For this reason I am happy to give a real good price for it. I am hoping for 1/3 retail (check Fin&Feather prices and let me know what you find)? After you see the stuff we can haggle if you feel the need.

3) the 30 gallon acrylic was used when I got it. It shows signs of age, there are some scratches, but I never noticed them when looking in the tank at the puffer. I paid 300$ for tank, stand, hood, lights, various pumps etc. It housed a puffer but he passed on 6 months ago and I have been runing the tank without him since. As the lighting may or may not work (I never used it, I am sure if you are handy you can put it back together), I would be happy to make a deal tank/stand/hood with unknown lighting and sundry components you think you can use from whatever I have TBD for 100$

4) the lighting sets on the 200g tank come as two seperate sets. Each unit is a dual 250watt metalhalide kit with relectors etc. Both bought new for I believe it was 241$. Both are mounted to the 200g hood, but one is UN-used with no blubs. Other is used for 18 months with 6 months on a set of 20k bulbs. I would take 100$ for each, less if you can convince me, less if you take both (you name your price).

5) I have many components: filters, pumps, skimmers, utility tanks, other stuff. I will post a full list of items tonight. I will be happy to mix and match from this list of components to help whoever takes the tanks, so that they can get the best possible outcome for what they are getting but feel free to make me an offer for individual pieces once if post the stuff, if you see something you really want.

Again, the club helped me out alot when I was starting and I want to give something back, so if you are a memeber of CTARS, talk to me about a deal. There is no real rush on any of this, but as we all know, things don't last long, and I will be generous to club members.

My goal is to keep fish for a nano tank and stand. If I get enough money, maybe two nano tanks and stands. A lot of this has to do with the wife, she has put up with my mess for four years now and since I have yet to figure out how to really work water changes etc. effectively, I figure this will keep me in the game, and make her life a lot easier.

Thanks for reading, see you at the LUTZ, Kevin, PM me.
Old 01/11/2008, 04:50 PM
Rare Zoa-a-phile

I would love the tank, unfortunately we haven't bought a house to put it in! Great deal for the lighting as well!!! I guess sometimes things just aren't meant to be! Check your PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

pm sent
Old 01/11/2008, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

May be interested in some items; pm sent.
Old 01/11/2008, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

pm sent..lr
Old 01/11/2008, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

pm sent