Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers

Old 01/04/2008, 02:27 PM
Reef Joker

sub-lease frag space in your prop system?

anyone have an understocked coral propagation system and be willing to grow out some various leather and soft coral frags?

I could lease space or offer a percentage of any future sales, or barter/trade some thing in-kind, etc.

I have several large leathers and soft corals in need of trimming, but I have no room to grow out frags in my display tank. Nor am I in a position to setup anouther frag system and add to my existing electric bill and water bill.

I hate to sell fresh cut frags and most prefer mounted and healed frags anyways.

I have some misc lighting, etc I could lend to the cause

Chris
sharkdude1 at yahoo dot com
Old 01/04/2008, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Too bad you are so far away, I have some room right now since i am about 2 months into my new frag system.
Old 01/04/2008, 02:34 PM
Reef Joker

yeah, Thous Oaks is a bit of a hike, but thanks.

I am an experienced soft coral propagator with past garage large and small prop systems expermients of various durations.
Old 01/04/2008, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Sharkdude,

If you can wait 3 weeks, I will definitely have room for you.
Old 01/04/2008, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Same with me shark dude... My and hydra are both in the process of making frag systems you could work with both of us maybe? i will have a 20x20x12 with 250watt XM 10k etc.... PM me if interested
Old 01/04/2008, 04:29 PM
Reef Joker

a hitch I possibly forsee, is sps purists don't want any softies anywhere near their sps frag systems let alone in the same water and tank!

I got a couple pm's of various interests, so let me take some recent pics and get a good inventory of the mother corals and potential needed trimming, and then I can go from there to negotiate some type of arrangement beneficial to all.
Old 01/04/2008, 07:42 PM
Reef slave

chris.
i have a cycled 135 tank that will be a frag system for lps but no lights. if riverside to far away. the rent should be cheaper out here in the 951=). i do need to mount stuff as well but no room in current tanks. on the other hand i have seen some pretty stocked nano's
Richard
Old 01/05/2008, 12:39 AM
Reef Joker

Richard,
I have a dual 175w 10k ushio se with e-ballasts and/or 4 x vho setup that I used in past on a prop system to overdrive 4 x 48 in NO 40w 10k t-12 flourescents I could long term lend to the cause.
Old 01/05/2008, 07:14 AM
Just an Average Joe

Chris,
give me a ring
I think Tank-O-Saurus is about to be brought into temporary service afterall (hence tons of room)

The teardown of my 90 gal. begins this weekend