Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/30/2007, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

anyone keeping a carnation?

just wonder anyone here keeping a carnation (Dendronephthya)? just wanted to hear your experiences and what you feed it, etc. Whats a better food for them? DT's oyster eggs, rotifest, live baby brine shrimps, etc?
Old 01/31/2007, 02:26 AM
Registered Member

Howzit, I've got a couple of small frags of carnation corals. One completely orange and one that's red and white. I'm new at carnations and I've setup a small non-phyotosynthetic tank with those and a small colony of sun polyps. Right now I'm feeding them phyto, but I don't know if that's what they eat. I've also tried feeding them a corlaboration of forzen baby brine, rotifers, cyclops, and plankton. I've just started three cultures of nanno, iso., and tetra. so I can start feeding them to some rotifers. I'm currently trying to find the best flow for them in cm or in/sec. But no one's chimed in. I'll start looking around, but I'm busy for the time being.
Old 02/01/2007, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Palani,
Give Mike Janes at aquatouch a call. he will steer you in the right direction as he is doing research on keeping carnations alive.