Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 10/30/2007, 09:17 PM
Registered Member.

read the numbers on the top of the pumps on the picture with both pumps e160713 , they are the same pumps probably your is older model, cause mine are brand new!!
Old 10/30/2007, 09:26 PM
sweeeet!!

Quote:
by oceancube78
....a mod had to pm me and tell me to respond when you could have easily pm'ed me and told me this was going on or was going to happen,
Uh, I did. Want me to re-PM you the PM I already PM'd you saying you need to talk it out, in the Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum?? I can. IF you want.

Quote:
by oceancube78
now i look like a thieft and a scammer all because of this, but i learned my lesson,
Do you understand what Phyxius and I are saying?? You did not send us what you advertised. A Mag 7 is not the same thing as a Mag 750c. Do you agree with that??

Quote:
by oceancube78
but only so much i can handle from others till i get upset!
You see that we are upset because we did not receive what you advertised. You obviously see the issue. Now, I ask you what are you going to to about it?? Will you return our money?? We will return the pumps and call off PayPal and all will be forgiven. Please answer this.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 10/30/2007, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

oceancube78,
I have tried in multiple PMs and in Paypal dispute to please get you to get the info from Danner on the pumps. I even offered the direct email to the person there who answered my question about them. You keep refusing saying I dont know what I`m talking about. Why would the maker of the pump lie about their own products. Here is a recap from the first page of this.

Their reply when asked what the difference was between the models:

The only difference between the mag7 and model 7 is the length of the cord the mg7 has a 10’ cord where the pm7 has an 18’ cord. The other pump you asked about (750) is a replacement statuary pump and is made and packaged differently. I hope this helps,

and another reply when I asked if they were alike otherwise and their reply:

No, they are not the same the mg7 & pm7 have a 3 year warranty where the 750 has a 1 year warranty and is meant for a statue base.

Can we please just get you to accept the facts on this and that they are not the same pumps. Can I give you the link to the person at Danner or will you please take the pdf file I was given by them clearly showing them being separate model lines of pumps. I keep offering and you keep refusing saying I don't know what I`m talking about. You now accuse me of having a old pump pictured and yours is the one that replaced the Mag7. Your are using this as a refusal for refund now.
You have escalated a simple thing of getting your pump back and refunding our money. I was polite until the 3-4 th pm and getting called stupid and not knowing what I was talking about. From the get go you have said tough I`m not refunding anything as I have sent you a working pump even if it does not say Mag7 as you had posted..........

I have tried to help you get the facts and you refuse and thats the reason I escalated it. I was polite in the beginning saying it was not the same and I would send the pump back for a refund. You yourself have taken this farther with not accepting the facts.
Old 10/30/2007, 10:25 PM
Moved In

Well IMHO, oceancube78 you did not send what you advertised. Doesn't matter if you think it's the same, or even if it was. I would purchase a mag as that's what I have now. I would not purchase a pondmaster. The name sold the pumps, not one that's the same thing.

This is smiller's area and he will check into this as soon as he can.
I suggest no further name calling, and no posting of pm's either. I didn't delete the first one as it got quoted.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/31/2007, 06:52 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyxius

Their reply when asked what the difference was between the models:

The only difference between the mag7 and model 7 is the length of the cord the mg7 has a 10’ cord where the pm7 has an 18’ cord. The other pump you asked about (750) is a replacement statuary pump and is made and packaged differently. I hope this helps,

and another reply when I asked if they were alike otherwise and their reply:

No, they are not the same the mg7 & pm7 have a 3 year warranty where the 750 has a 1 year warranty and is meant for a statue base.

Bottom line comes down to one thing, what was advertised and what was sent. It doesn't matter if the only difference is one is grey and one is black. If you said it was a Mag 7 and it's not then you are in the wrong, and is not acceptable on RC.

I think this thread has gone far enough. oceancube, I'm leaving it up to you on how to handle this. If you have anything to add do it in a PM. Please do me the favor of using shorter sentences with periods so I can better understand what you are trying to say. Your long rants are difficult to comprehend.

We are not eBay. We don't have time for this kind of thing and I won't turn this into a debate from either end, no matter what Debi and I decide. We get this resolved now or we do what we need to do on our end and that will be the end of it.

Closed for now.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."