Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 10/27/2007, 01:43 AM
Registered Member

FYI. I am curently in the process filling a claim against "Kigs" with Paypal and my credit card co. I ordered from him because he seemed to have good feedback. On 8/13/07 I paypaled him $257 for 13 of his listed 40 polyps. He charged a 2.9% paypal fee which I have since learned is against paypal rules.
8/25/07- Kigs says he will ship next Monday
8/26/07-doesn't ship says there was a death in the family
8/29/07-claims he will add in a "few freebies" due to delay
9/5/07- he returns from family matters. I send an additional $103 for 4 additional polyps.
9/6/07- says he will ship out on monday-doesn't ship
9/11/07- says he arrived too late to ship out next day guarenteed. Says he will ship next day.
9/12/07-package doesn't arrive
9/13/07- says he got in a car wreck. Agrees to add 4 polyps as a bonus for the delay. Needs a couple days for polyps to heal.
9/19/07- package arrives. Only 14 baggies w/ 1 polyp in each arrive. I should have recieved approx 20 w/ freebies. I asked for a cold pack due to TX heat. He sent them w/ a heat pack. 8 of the 14 polyps were detached from the plug (after a month of being fragged). Several of the polyps were stuck in the plastic not containing water. His packaging was extremely poor. The bags were placed in a carboard box with peanuts. No foam cooler for insulation. I requested that the frags be labled and none were. Photopgraphs were sent of his detached polyps still in the bag as well as the total of 14 bags. Only 6 polyps survived after a few days. I expressed concern about the health of what remained due to the extreme stress they endured. He corresponds saying that another order was sent out on that day. We discussed the possibility that the orders were switched. He stated that the other person seemed overjoyed by his generosity in the order. At the time he seemed very open to the possibility he switched the orders. He later retracted on this. I have no idea if he switched them all I know is my order was incopmlete. I was unable to recognize one of the polyps as anything I ordered. After another person publicly criticizes him for another transaction he agrees to work with me on the problem. He states that many of his polyps were not doing well and have a fungus. Just the other day he lists several polyps that are not available for replacement. Today I see that he is selling some of those very polyps that he could not replace for me. I contacted him today and he stated that the coral being sold here is not his. He is selling these for another person who does not yet have enough posts. I notified Kigs today that I have filled a complaint against him. Buyer be extremely careful. I have photographs as well as all PMs and e-mails between the two of us to support my claims.
Old 10/27/2007, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

I ordered some favias from Kigs and he was very easy to work with. Worked with me for a date to ship and shipped on the date he was supposed to. I wasn't extremely pleased with the packaging either, but fortunately the weather was mild that day. One favia receded about 60-70%, but has quit receding and extends the feeders it has left at night. I can't say that it was a problem that he had in his tank though, it could have been from mine as well. The other favia is doing great and regrowing partial polyps from the fragging.

I would buy this pack in a heartbeat if I had the extra money. After looking through all the pictures there are probably only a few that I don't like.
Old 10/27/2007, 02:25 AM
Registered Member

If you are ordering from this poster, be aware that you probably won't get them when he says you will, and you might not get them at all. I bought a frag of some favia from him that was supposed to be sent overnight.....week and a half later i received a refund due to "the frag didn't do to well."

Then why sell it in the first place and offer overnight delivery if its not ready to ship out?

Just my 2 cents.
2 - True Bali RBTA - 6, and 8 inches i think
Sweet Green Carpet - 12 inches
Old 10/27/2007, 02:35 AM
zoa ninja

Well, to be honest with you. When I received your PM initially, I thought it was labeled as "Babys Breath Favia" but later on I re-read it and saw that it was "Dragon Soul Favia" I did make a frag since I promised you, though I didn't want to cut it, and it wasn't looking good; I didn't feel comfortable sending it out. Totally my fault due to misreading after a long day. You did get your refund though, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Andy: HUH?? my goodness...
Old 10/27/2007, 03:27 AM
Registered Member

I am not surprised that others have had difficulties with this individual.
Old 10/27/2007, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

This morning I recieved a refund of $10.50 from Kigs for the 2.9% charge he made for Paypal. He has yet to publicly admit his mistake. Anyone who has done business with him and charged this fee should request a refund. It may only be $10.50..better in my pocket than his. He still owes me a pro-rated amount of $350. It appears this will be handled by the credit card company. I am pleased to see that his for sale thread on this web sight was removed.
Old 10/27/2007, 09:45 AM
zoa ninja

FYI, I was never aware of that paypal policy untill someone here on NR posted that fact recently. It was their choice to pay whenever I asked. When I did ask, I was never aware that it was against the paypal policy and if I knew, I wouldn't have asked. To me, it was always regarded as a courtesy and I've tried to make up for it with a freebie for shipping and the fee. Obviously you just learned at the same time as me, because before it was never the issue with you. Your persistence on this issue is interesting, but I've already refunded you the fee. You go all over the board trashing my name and contacting third parties for a resolution, but you insist on asking me to play a role in this situation. It is now out of my hands Andy, let paypal and your CC take care of it. I've lost all interest in doing anything for you. I was willing to do everything for you upto this point, and out of all people you should know this. We'll let them settle this since that's what you wanted. You constantly act like you're the victim but you chose to take this route. As I have repeatedely stated, we were conversing on a regular basis trying to reach a middleground and I have been persistent trying to put together a replacement pack of your satisfaction. Andy, you're absolutely right in the fact that your credit card company will have to handle this, since this is way out of my control now, and that was your choice. It seems like we are at a point where we said everything needed to be said, and simply reiterating our words. Good luck with your claims and all your future purchases,
Old 10/27/2007, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

All was ok until you lied about what you had for replacements. I was being flexible because I believed you were being honest about a fungus problem in your tank. You clearly could have replaced my missing order but instead I have recieved 2 months of excuses. FYI I thought it was extrememly cheap of you to charge the 2.9% when I was spending $350.
Old 10/27/2007, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Well, after further communications with Kigs it seems my situation was a big misunderstanding.

I would remove my comments from above if i could. He seems to be a stand up guy. Offered me multiple options to make this up to me. I will do business with him in the future.
2 - True Bali RBTA - 6, and 8 inches i think
Sweet Green Carpet - 12 inches
Old 10/27/2007, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

He was really nice to me also after someone else bashed during our communication several weeks ago. I have recieved 2 PMs from people compalining about similar experiences with him. I respect their right to remain private.
Old 10/27/2007, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Promises,...excuses,....and lies. Caugt him "red-handed" on this site. This guy gives a bad name to online purchasing and I will not be buying from KIGS...or any of his associates : BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Old 10/27/2007, 07:23 PM
King of the white corals

Im having a hard time believing anyone would sell low end corals.....much less a very high end pack shipping them in nothing but a cardboard box with some peanuts in it, ESPECIALLY consdiering that a cold pack was necessary with the order in the first place

Full refund for any casualties is clearly on the shippers shoulders at that point, regardless of shippers "policy" or any of the other complications concerning the order. jmo
Old 10/27/2007, 08:30 PM
RC Staff
American

Quote:
Originally posted by flyyyguy
Im having a hard time believing anyone would sell low end corals.....much less a very high end pack shipping them in nothing but a cardboard box with some peanuts in it, ESPECIALLY consdiering that a cold pack was necessary with the order in the first place

Full refund for any casualties is clearly on the shippers shoulders at that point, regardless of shippers "policy" or any of the other complications concerning the order. jmo
If you have personal experience with the seller in question, you may post it. If you are just chiming in to offer your opinion on someone else's experience, it's not needed, or wanted here.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....
Old 10/27/2007, 09:43 PM
King of the white corals

Sorry, wont happen again

Old 10/28/2007, 10:11 PM
Premium Member

I have sold many corals to Andysgr and have had no problems with him at all. He is a very pleasant individual and spends alot of money on his hobby. As you can see he spent $350 in one purchase with Kigs and spent $$$ with me as well. One of the corals I sold him died a few weeks after I sold it to him and he was mentioning it to me in passing several months later and I replaced the coral with no questions asked. After knowing Andysgr for several months I have come to realize his honesty and passion for the hobby and greatly appreciate his concerns with Kigs. It is not understandable why Kigs would treat his buyers in this manner. Two months is unacceptable and admitting he was sorry for the error he should have made good immediately.

-John
Old 10/28/2007, 10:42 PM
zoa ninja

John, it's funny to hear that the livestock you sold him died as well. I have treated Andy with the tremendous amount of respect while staying in perfect communication to work out the details of the replacement. Not to even mention that I was willing to replace everything for him, despite the fact that I had my doubts. I'm not sure how I have treated Andysgr, but this issue only began when Andysgr decided that all conversations we had of replacements must be annulled without notification and claims be made through his CC company. I respect that, just as I have respected his request to send replacements in the first place. Now I will wait for his third parties to make the appropriate decisions on this matter, because that's the course of action he has decided to take and I will respect his choices. After turning back on his words and going all over the net attempting to portray himself as the victim seems somewhat hypocritical to me. I'm sure Andysgr is a pleasant individual like you've described, it is my regret that disagreement over this issue will never give me an opportunity for me to learn that.

addboy: I still have no idea who you are, or what you have to do with this transaction.
Old 10/28/2007, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Kigs, it is funny that you mention something about my corals dying. Did you not just lose a good portion of your coral due to health issues. Was what you told me true? Your communiction has not been good as you wish to portray. You missed shipping dates yet failed to contact me. You call that good communication?For the 100th time I pursed action w/ my CC due to your apparent dishonesty about what you could replace for me. A few days ago you told me several corals were unavailable due to a fungus in your tank. Shortly after telling me this you attempt to sell those corals on this site. After I point out your dishonesty you say you are selling the corals for a friend. It just happens that your ad is almost the exact same as what you used to sell to me coral. I have said all along that I would stop with my charges of fraud to the credit card company should you give me a pro-rated refund or the rest of my order. I am pleased that you lost a potential $650 sale on this site. I wouldn't want anyone else to lose their money. Hopefully other potential buyers will be aware of your poor business practices. You used horrible packaging of your product, did not follow the buyers instructions, sent an incomplete order and have been extremely rude. You requested photos and I gave them to you. Thanks John!
Old 10/29/2007, 12:40 AM
Registered Member

i've traded/sold with kigs 3-4 times and every transaction has gone smoothly so far.

while i agree that it does take sometime to ship, he usually okays it with me first; i do understand because we're both college students with busy schedules.
Old 10/29/2007, 12:52 AM
zoa ninja

I'm going to leave it to the 3rd party to resolve it, as that's what it seems you'd prefer.
Old 10/29/2007, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

He did not ok a delay with me. Rather, he informed me at a later date reasons for not shipping. I now realize I am dealing with a college kid which helps explain some of what has occured. Kigs..nice job not responding to my last most. Did you not lose alot of coral in your tank due to a fungus problem? Good luck with your studies.
Old 10/29/2007, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote " I have said all along that I would stop with my charges of fraud to the credit card company should you give me a pro-rated refund or the rest of my order." My preference is not to involve a 3rd party. I plan to use your obvious unwillingness to complete this transaction as evidence in my case (i.e. use your comments just posted).
Old 10/29/2007, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

I also got some very nice zoos and palys from Kigs. I have not had any problems so far.
Old 10/29/2007, 08:22 AM
Garbologist

It sounds like you two need to deal with this issue privately.

closed

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 11/21/2007, 12:21 PM
Garbologist

Reopened at the request of OP.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 11/21/2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Kigs and I have made peace. He was generous and provided a full refund excluding the shipping.