Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/06/2003, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Any update on this? Pretty clear case of Azonic getting not only screwed but inconvenienced as well.
Old 08/06/2003, 10:31 AM
Refurbished Reefer.

I agree. Any additional compensation or monies or whatever should go to Azonic.
He paid for the sump and it, and anything else that comes of it, is his.
You are being greedy and dishonest by keeping that money.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=160708
Old 08/06/2003, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Thank's for the overwhelming support. It is very much appreciated.

Sorry to say there is nothing to update at this time. Kasei(Pseudo) seems to have disappeared from RC. I really very much doubt I will ever get my money. He made the claim back in May and probably recieved the money by now. He has no intention of ever paying me. He feels very strongly that he is not in the wrong here....when he obviously is.

Is anyone aware of any further action that can be taken in effort to actually get the money?
Old 08/06/2003, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

collection agency?????

I have no idea, you may have to cut your losses from that ****.

Its way too little to go to court over. I am guessing the purchase was solely arranged through RC and not throught Ebay, Paypal, etc. that would give you more avenues.

Have you checked around the other boards to see if he is active there? Others should know what he did to you
Old 08/06/2003, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Azonic

Is anyone aware of any further action that can be taken in effort to actually get the money?
Chase him down on the other boards and ruin his rep everywhere.

Small claims court comes to mind, don't think it will work for out of state stuff.

Try contacting UPS. Since you also tried to start a claim they may listen to your situation.

Lie to UPS and tell them the item arrived fine and it was a fraudulent claim. This won't get your money back, but at least he might not get to keep money obtained fraudulently, which he did.

If you have money to burn you could file a lawsuit, but this will cost you more in the long run.

Collection agency can probably hound him, but they have no real power to collect.

Send some big friends to his address

Look up his mother on the internet and call her every other day asking for him.
Old 08/06/2003, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by justletmein
Lie to UPS and tell them the item arrived fine and it was a fraudulent claim. This won't get your money back, but at least he might not get to keep money obtained fraudulently, which he did.
So now you want Azonic to commit fraud? Great advise. I hope the seller does an honorable thing and settles this dispute.
Old 08/06/2003, 09:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jarhead
So now you want Azonic to commit fraud? Great advise. I hope the seller does an honorable thing and settles this dispute.
Just throwing out options, never said they were good ones.

I'm surprised you hit on that and didn't say anything about calling his mother
Old 08/06/2003, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by justletmein
I'm surprised you hit on that and didn't say anything about calling his mother
Didn't want to go there - he did say he had a death in the family. God forbid, could have been his mother. I do realize that you're joking though. Later guys... let them settle it.
Old 08/06/2003, 09:27 PM
Premium Member

Hmmm, I didn't remember that part. I wouldn't have added that line otherwise.
Old 08/17/2003, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

pseudo is back and posting in the buy/sell forum,, guess he conveniently forgot about this thread!!!!
Old 08/17/2003, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

azonic------3 words for you, (you got hosed) it doesn't matter who said what or who paid who what, the bottom line is that if the buyer pays for the insurance he is entitled to the full insurance claim. If the sump was insured for 500 dollars it doesn't matter. What it is insured for is the money they (parcel service) has to pay you, and if the buyer paid for the insurance then it belongs to him. Here is a good example-- I had a motorcycle stolen from me a while back. The way I had my insurance was set up I had it insured for 10,000 the bluebook was only 6000, but because I paid insurance on a stated amount (10,000) just like the 200 in your case the insurance company cut me a check for 10k. So even if he paid for the shipping and all you paid for was the insurance the money is still yours. I don't see what the big deal is about him sending you the money anyway, afterall it was never his, it was fedex's money. Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 09/04/2003, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Still no contact from Pseudo Boy. I sent him an email several weeks ago.
Old 09/04/2003, 09:44 PM
You did what?

Hopefully anyone who is thinking about buying from him will read this and see he is not an honest person.
His very own words prove it.
Quote:
Also if they don't take the sump from you ;-), You can either have it
repaired by Lifereef or do it yourself, you get free money and a
sump.
Sorry you got scammed by scum
Old 09/05/2003, 12:17 AM
Moved On

Not takign any sides here ive dealt with Psuedo boy before and just wanted to say everythign went well, there was a problem with teh deal and he always got back to me ASAP and tried his best to help me out. All ended up great.

Ive also dealt with lost and damaged packages, Fedex and UPS can be hell to deal with. I think Kasei was trying to help with all that he did and obviously offered a full refund etc..

That said its really unfair that either person get all the money if psuedo gets it he gets paid twice for a sump, if az gets it he gets a sump for free. Although Az did pay for shipping i would assume he should get the money and of course at least what it cost to fix thats only fair.

I think a little patience from AZ gets this taken care of easily. I dont understand why the refund check is holding you back form filling yoru tank if the sump is fixed already, sometimes people have some other things to take care of it seems as though pseudo definatly did. I cant speak fro him of course but im sure he intended on sending you the refund check and if it was through paypal 2.4% rally isnt gonna kill ya you coulda clamed down a little. I think it just comes down to calming down a little and letting everythign work out and not worrying about 5 dollars that paypal is gonna take from you.

Also i have to say they way the convos went AZ it seemd a little shady that you were scamming somebody, Kasei, UPS or something. You didnt want to show anythign to anyone you wanted everythin sent to you and were makign people jump through hoops to do it.

BTW illosingit, I find it offensive calling people scum, Ive dealt with and personally met kasei and he is far from it. Calling peopel out liek that is rediculous especially when you dont know them other then what someon on here posts about them. People should just have a little more rspect for everyone then that and just a little more class.
Old 09/05/2003, 12:21 AM
Moved On

AZ btw pseudo hasnt really been aroudn on teh boards lately, he sold off most of his stuff and doesnt have a tank anymore i think. You might want to try emailing him instead of using RC.

I contacted him a few weeks ago about buying some stuff and didnt get a response for quite sometime. Try his regular email
Old 09/05/2003, 12:37 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wedfr
You might want to try emailing him instead of using RC.
Somehow I don't think that'll work...
Old 09/05/2003, 02:27 AM
Moved On

they guy obviously has a great reputation other then this incident, maybe everyone sould give him teh benfit of the doubt.
Old 09/05/2003, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

wedfr

wedfr: $200 is more money to some people as it is to offers. My tank is filled now. This incident happened a few months ago. I had to spend $100 of my own dollars which I had to take away from another part of the tank which I should not of had to do.

Clearly you are biased because you know Kasei. He clearly ripped me off $200 which is rightfully mine. I had a lot of patience with him but he simply would not do things the way I wanted with MY insurance claim.

I have emailed him directly with no response. It's been this way for a while, he knows damn well he ripped me off and everyone else on this board knows it. I posted to this thread again in case he posts for sale again. Everyone will know how much he ripped me off.

Regardless of his past history, he ripped me off $200.
Old 09/05/2003, 02:06 PM
Moved On

i just want to clarify i dont actually know him, ive dealt with him once before and met him for about 20-30 min. He hooked me up with a bunch of free frags, was willing to drive to my house a 2nd time which wasnt close to drop off a new pump. In my opinion hes a stand up guy.

In your case it seems he is not and he has to take care of the problem
Old 09/06/2003, 06:08 PM
Premium Member

I don't know and don't care about this particular situation because there is no way I am reading those long posts LoL. But I can tell you my experiences with Pseudo Boy have been nothing but pleasant. I've never dealt with a more honest guy. When he sold me his calcium reactor, he came over to hook it up for me! From what I've read though, Azonic you were getting a little pushy with him at first and I can understand why he may have gotten fed up with you.
-Nick
Old 09/06/2003, 08:15 PM
Moved On

Shoot I dont know why but I agree with Stix.

And I am very aware of the insurance being paid by Azonic. It just became personal when Azonic came across a little pushy and even worded things improperly. Surely this was done from desperation on getting things taken care of before his vacation.

My ruling:

$100 for Azonic
$100 for seudo

And my fee is $5000 I ant cheap!

Playa
Old 09/06/2003, 08:33 PM
Team RC Member

He was honest to you guys but not to Azonic. I would be a little pushy myself if it's my money he's taking.
Old 09/07/2003, 01:49 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by playa

My ruling:

$100 for Azonic
$100 for seudo
Please explain the logic here. He sold his sump for $130 (IIRC), got his $130 and shipped off the sump to the buyer. Deal is done. Now when an insurance claim pops up why should he get an additional $100?
Old 09/07/2003, 05:07 AM
Registered Member

$200 for Azonic. The extra money is for the hassle.

I can't believe some of you.
Old 09/07/2003, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

It doesn`t matter if it got personal or not he still owes the money to Azonic.I agree with JPerkins that the extra money is for the hassle.JMO