Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Coral Propagation and Aquaculture
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/19/2005, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Question 10g prop tank some questions??? Thanks

I am think about building a prop tank which will set next to my current set up and be tied in. It will be a 10g tank that is drilled and have a maxijet 1200 and a mag 3 as a return.

The eggcrate ledge will be 6in deep.

Lighiting 175w MH pedent about 8in above the tank with a 10k XM

I mostly plan on doing Zoos or softies, will the 10K mess with the color of the frags??

Will a frag of very bright blue zoos actually change color??

I know that it wouldnt look the same under the light as it would under a 20k but if after the frag grows out and I put it back in my tank under 20ks will the color be the same as it did before I fraged it?

Thanks
Dan
Old 10/20/2005, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

For what its worth, I'm very happy with the 10K XMs colors and how it looks on corals.

Certain zoas prefer lower light, so I'd provide a ledge or way to put corals underneath the shelf.

And as far as "blues" go, true blues are the way to go, blue under any light. Color should return when you put it back under "normal" lighting.
Old 10/21/2005, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Cool thanks