Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/06/2007, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

Where to buy lab grade thermometer?

I am not sure if my Neptune is measuring the temp correctly, and really like to find out. Anyone knows some local place (south bay) that I can get a reasonablly priced lab grade thermometer? If not, what is a good online place? Thanks.
Old 07/06/2007, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

I believe VWR has a distribution center in South City. You may be able to use this:

http://www.vwrsp.com/catalog/product...ight=61161-283
Old 07/06/2007, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Zoilo for the link. I am more looking for the traditional mercury/achohol kind of thermometer since they have much less chance of mulfunction, and are probably cheaper . Anyone else has some pointers? Thanks.
Old 07/06/2007, 11:08 PM
Resident physicist.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

Take your pick, I personally favor the Celsius ones because there's less divisions over the total length (i.e. 1 degree is spaced further apart) however it's really semantics since it's moving the same amount

You can find 0.1 degree accuracy thermometers too, however they are a bit more pricy, and you really don't need that sort of accuracy on a tank, now if you're using to calibrate electronic equipment that supposedly has 0.1 degree accuracy then you do want that.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize you said locally, never mind
Old 07/06/2007, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Here you go Tong
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/...etail/iid/1053