Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 04/22/2005, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eriksmacks
Plain and simple Terry did this to himself. Thats all there is to it, his multiple names on this thread and on other boards caused the bad press for the club that he started. Before you comment its good to know all the facts and where to point the finger.
As to knowing all the facts before doing anything, we can never know all the facts because someone will always be able to fabricate new ones.

I'm glad you agree with me that this is bad press. Maybe we can all move now to getting back on board and supporting the club.
Old 04/22/2005, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

I think Erik meant Terry created this mess for himself and the club by his actions and is not agreeing with you that this is bad press and we should support the club
Old 04/22/2005, 09:54 PM

I can point you to well over a dozen posts showing I was all for the club until Terry decided in his grand dictatorship to urinate on the head of the potential members and tell us it was raining.

I have yet to hear an explination why a LFS was not allowed to donate raffle items, or help promote the club. Thats real helpful the the reefing community in our area as a whole.
Old 04/22/2005, 10:35 PM
midnight desperado

I do not live in that area, nor am I a part of this club.. but from what i have read about the club and about Terry lang himself..(what this thread is about) I would never support any of his ideas in any way.. He has ripped off a fellow reefer, been dishonest and posted under many names, and runs away from problems he has brought upon himself... I have visited the new website, and have tryed to understand his actions... I can't.. Why would you not take the support of a LFS? unless their busness is no up to par I see no reason... Why would you move your club off RC if you haven't done anything wrong? Why would you post under difernt names to try to clear your name? These are dishonest actions IMO and I am glad he is no longer a part of RC.. with the amount of stuff that is sold here on RC, every time there is a problem and somebody is dishonest we come closer to losing our ability to use RC as a means to buy/sell stuff.... To support somebody who can't deal with problems brought upon himself is just as bad IMO....
"If you don't test for it, DON'T ADD IT!!!!"
"Always strive for the optimum environment, not the minimum environment" -BrianD-
Old 05/04/2005, 05:45 PM
15 & Over Club

lang

met him @ CSEA meeting 2 or so years ago
tried to talk to him
didn't like him

sent friendly email to him about a coral and or purchase of some frags and he was not very friendly back so never bothered to contact him again.

met him a couple more times (prior frag swaps)

status quo

( I like the way the Chinese handle these things...they just turn their back on the person whenever they encounter them )