Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/16/2004, 01:46 PM
Registered Member.

Dont Buy Anything From Hardreef!!!!

I just want to let everyone know that the user here at RC known as hardreef, is not to be trusted when it comes to buying or selling.

I purchased a ballasts and some bulbs from him about two weeks ago and still dont have them. I have sent him several email and PM's, before he finaly replied. His excuse, the holiday weekend kept him from mailing it, and he said he would send it the following day. Its been a week and a half and I still dont have it. Ive sent him several emails the over the past few days with no reply. I asked him to please email me with a tracking number once he did ship it out. Never heard from him since then.

Watch yourself, you are all aware of the type of people out there as am I. Especially after my girlfriend had her identity stolen, and nearly a thousand dollars spent from her bank account on ebay items, before it was detected. They had her bank account info, social security, address, date of birth, everything you need. How? who knows.

Since them I am expecialy cautious, as I hate to buy from people on the net, and refuse to if I cant afford to lose the money. In this case it wasnt too terribly much, but enought to **** me off.
Old 09/16/2004, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

That REALLY sucks, thanks for the heads up. I guess some people just have no honor left in them at all.
Jim
Old 09/16/2004, 02:26 PM
Premium Member

Ya that is a drag....IM sorry to hear that....Seems there are many of those types...no integrity
Old 09/16/2004, 02:48 PM
Moved On

Always pay with paypal! If it is a moneyorder you can contest it and he will have to prove that he sent it...which will be impossible if he didn't. If it is a personal check contact your bank, they may be able to cancel the check. Good luck, people like that should choke on thier morning wheaties!
Old 09/16/2004, 06:35 PM
Moved On

Ya know, this ****es me off. I sent your stuff out, i responded back to you when you PM'd me today. I havent heard form you in a long time till today. And now because your g/f had her identity stolen your taking it out on me.
Old 09/16/2004, 06:36 PM
Moved On

People are getting insane about this internet scamming or what not. Make sure you pay with paypal like the other person said. Which you did. Try and be nice and keep contact and buy from someone you think you can trust. I had some guy flip out because he didnt have a tracking number the next day a couple weeks ago. If you guys are that nervous about buying online then dont do it. Save the seller alot of grief
Old 09/16/2004, 06:49 PM
Evildoer

Quote:
Originally posted by bugsy714
Always pay with PayPal!
FYI---Don't put all your faith in PayPal either, it's great but it has it's flaws too. I got scammed from an e-bay purchase and PayPal was no help at all...
Old 09/16/2004, 06:53 PM
Moved On

Thats true, but you due have some recourse. If you are smart with it and make sure the person is verified and all that then youll have no problems.
Old 09/16/2004, 07:31 PM
Registered Member.

You havnt heard from me? If im not mistaken, I was the one that sent you several emails' before you finaly replied telling my that you couldnt mail the stuff out because due to the holiday weekend. Which I could understand, that happens. But you did tell me that it would go out the very next day. I also asked that when you did send it to please email me letting me know its in the mail, as well as providing me with a tracking number. That was a week and half ago. I never heard from you, saying you sent it. Nothing for over a week. I tried 4 days ago to contact you via email. No response. I sent you two emails yesterday, one in the A.M. one in the P.M. No reply. What am I to think. In my opinion, your the one that should be contacting me. Keeping me posted as to what the hold up is, and what your intentions are. I sent you the money without any problems.

I know when I sell something, I always keep the buyer up to date as what, when and with who'm I ship an item out through. I always give them a tracking number, to verify that it has been shipped. And I always follow up after three days to make sure they got it. Perhaps I expect the same from others, and maybe its too much to ask, but when I give someone my money I like to know what going on.

I apologise if your upset, but its aweful funny how I dont hear a word from you until I post a message like this. And, when and if I do recieve it, I will be more then happy to recind all accusations and set things strait.
Old 09/16/2004, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

So Hardreef why does this person, still not have a tracking # from you? You have his money and he has no product! A tracking # would have protected you both in this transaction and if you shipped with out a tracking # then shame on you!!
Old 09/16/2004, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

I went through the exact same thing ivpush. Paypaled my cash...and was strung along for weeks. The person i sent the cash to was a verified member. Even sent other things to people here, and on another site. He simply closed his account, and paypal said there was nothing they could do about it. Kinda makes ya bitter.......thanks for the heads up
Old 09/16/2004, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

maybe you should exchange phone numbers and try that way i can't speak for him but there are times when i can't check my emails somteimes a week or two. just my 2 cents.glad you where able to get your stuff though i was stiffed 300.00 at one time and it sucked!!!
Old 09/16/2004, 07:41 PM
Premium Member

everyone keeps complaining about there identity being stolen and the net isnt safe, well this can happen at any place in person too, if its gonna happen its gonna happen.not much ya can do to avoid it unless ya stay home and dont talk to anyone and never leave your house
happened to me but i didnt have to pay for it credit card company ate it thats what they are there for
be happy that the fbi,sheriff,or local law didnt show up on your door step and say she was involved in a murder,bank robbery
or anything else that would involve the law
i know someone that this happened too and let me tell you someone spending a 1,000 dollars of your is nothing compared to
what my friend had to go threw
Old 09/16/2004, 07:44 PM
Moved On

Listen if i sent it out and i havent heard fomr you why would i contact you? You heard from me this morning/afternoon on PM. The email acocutn you have for me i usualy only check one a week i just use it for RC purposes so my real email doesnt get flooded with emails fomr RC telling me someon responded to a thread. As soon as i heard fomr you i responded. The holdup 2 weeks ago i don think was that long, there was a holiday weekend and the bulb i had to ship you were more trouble then i thought theyd be they are long, very thin and fragile and i wanted to be sure you got everythign undamaged. So i went through some trouble and cost for you. I dont have a tracking number because i didnt copy it down from the place i brought it to.
Old 09/16/2004, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

Hardreef you are a Bullsh###er you would have gotten a receipt with a copy of the tracking # on it that is standard practice from all shippers, who do you think you are kidding here? I have been selling and buying online for over 10 yrs and know how the system works all to well and it appears you took this persons money and ran with it!
Old 09/16/2004, 07:55 PM
Moved On

gcrowptc, dont call me a BS'er every place has differnt practices and differnt ways to do things. Ive been to places that give you a whoel printout with info and ive been to places that dont giv eyou anything
Old 09/16/2004, 07:57 PM
Moved On

I can see this is where its time to make my exit, ive responded to IVpush and that is what is imporant. Start arguing with *******s and you become an asshoel yourself. IVpush if you need to speak to me send me a PM
Old 09/16/2004, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

You sir are insane and obviously a thief! If you took some ones money and shipped his items without getting a tracking # then you are a total fool! The # protects you both and with out the # you have no proof you sent his items, so you are the A----Hole not me
you should just probably refund his money and never sell online again because it is obvious if you can't supply a # you should not be selling and shipping!!
Old 09/16/2004, 08:09 PM
Moved On

so im a thief because i dont have a tracking number. Yeah youre smart. You dont need a tracking number to be protected. You have to fill out all kinds of info when you ship. You name address, phone number, etc.. if you ship a 1000 item and it breaks or gets lost you arent screwed because you dont have or possibly lost a piece of paper with a tracking number. If youve been doin this for 10 years i think youd know better but your proving my point about the mental ability of people im dealing with here. Good night sir
Old 09/16/2004, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

My point is my buyer is advised of everything from the time I receive payment, shipping date, method , and tracking # and ask for buyer to contact me when they receive and how it arrived , this is how it should be done and is obvious you didn't do any of this,poor at best!
Old 09/16/2004, 08:20 PM
Moved On

ok so admittiadly i didnt do it as i should have that doesnt make me a thief, insane or stupid. Lapse of judgment, sure, In a rush that day, maybe. So i didnt have a tracking number its not the end of the world. Im not trying to steal anyones money.
Old 09/16/2004, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

My next ? and 1 no one has brought up yet is,if you live in key west Fla. how could you have shipped much of anything over the last 2 or 3 weeks with all the evacuations and storms? I have been around to long and am just not buying your excuses and imho no tracking # is not acceptable, you can not prove you sent anything!! he has paypal though to show you took his money
Old 09/16/2004, 08:51 PM
I Need An Intervention!

GOtta agree with you. Everytime I have sold an item on RC I promptly notify the receipient of the tracking number as soon as I have it. The tracking number if shipped via UPS, FEDEX,DHL, or Airborne Express appears on the receipt.

Seems like a bunch of talking in circles to manipulate the truth. If it was shipped how did you ship it? From what location did it go out from? What day and time did it ship?

Not calling you a thief but your painting yourself into a corner.
Old 09/16/2004, 09:09 PM
Seamonkey on my back

i'm not taking anyones side here, just making some observations.
i've shipped UPS ground before from their UPS store. if they don't
enter it into their computer while your there, you don't get a
tracking #. i didn't notice i didn't have it until i got home (this was
on an account). also if it's coming from key west, it quite possible
it was delayed due to the hurricanes passing thru. the shipping
company would take a package even if they knew they couldn't
send it out soon, ground isn't garranteed delivery by a certain #
of days & they'd rather have your money than not.

just offering a couple of possibilities.

Rick
Old 09/16/2004, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

If I was the seller I would do the following:

1. goto the ups store and get the tracking and locate item.
2. If you can not find item return the payment for item.

3. buyer sould have call sell to find out when item was shipped.
4. buyer report seller to paypal. they do help out.

I do not like ups. fedex is alot less money about 30%. and have not lost a item with them.