Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/21/2007, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Here we GO! Kenya Trees! $13.50 shipped!

Hello there fellow reefers well I think its about that time again. I have tons of Kenya trees that are pretty much ready to go. By the time I get ready to ship they should be well mounted.
Brief history, I've been in this hobby for well over 3 years now and have done extensive research during that period. I've shipped and sold well over 200 of these trees and have maybe had about 10-12 issues with them which I think most were taken care of.
So here is the deal. I'm shipping out fragged and rock mounted kenya trees that are 2-3" branching @ $13.50 shipped priority mail, which is 2-3 days. Once I get 10 orders in I will then ship them out; in groups of ten, so that it would be worth the time (taping all the boxes, packing and then delivering them).

If you're interested please PM me and I will get back to you with payment information.

Thanks all for reading this long passage, but I guess by experience you just learn to make sure you try to clear the weeds first.

Disclaimer:
USPS does not gurantee delivery on priority mail, which basically means that it can take a bit longer than the 2-3days and I can't make any gurantees on the delivery method. This has happened to more than several people, but fortunately the tree still made it perfectly fine in most cases. If this happens and there is a problem or any problem with the coral please notify me via PRIVATE MESSAGE only, I'm not a business so sometimes I may not get back to you within an hour, so please don't post all over the forum.
Old 09/05/2007, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

ok well just to update everyone there are currently no trees available till another 2 weeks. Moderators please don't close thread, as it will still be active to keep people updated. Unfortunately over the labor day weekend there was a spike in temperature in the tank due to heat wave in my area and it wiped majority of the frags that were to be shipped out tuesday, so yes if you received a msg last week stating that your frag will be shipped tuesday, it has been post poned and I will send PM in regards to options in dealing with this. I have posted pictures of what was left, so that people don't begin to think anything. Again I apologize to those that have purchased them and were expecting shipment; believe me I was not expecting this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Old 09/05/2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Hi,

If you won't be able to ship out for a while please just refund my money thru paypal.

Thanks,
Jim JRR
Old 09/05/2007, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Please also refund mine as well.

When they are ready, I will buy then.

Thanks,

Shackscs
Old 09/06/2007, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Can you refund mine as well, thanks
Old 09/06/2007, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

I would like my money back as well....

InADream
Old 09/06/2007, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

I paid you over two weeks ago. I don't want to wait another two weeks. Please refund my money via paypal: rharr21@lsu.edu Next time don't sell anything until you actually have something to ship.
This is the tale that was told to me by the man with the crystal eye, As I smoked my pipe in the camp-fire light, and the Glories swept the sky; As the Northlights gleamed and curved and streamed, and the bottle of "hooch" was dry. -Robert Service
Old 09/07/2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

You said in your post that you will send PM to people to deal with this... WHEN.. I have sent you numerous PMs since last week after I made payment, still have not heard from you... Next step is just to let paypal resolve this....
Old 09/07/2007, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

I am starting to feel the same way InADream...

Please refund my money via paypal as well.. I will buy again when they are available.
Old 09/07/2007, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

I sent the seller another PM stating that I will be escalating this to a claim at paypal if he does not answer me... He never answered me and has ignored over 6 emails... Hopefully the mods will step in and no longer let him sell on this board...

Dream
Old 09/07/2007, 11:24 PM
Moved In

Hopefully this will be resolved, it's only been a couple days. Refunds never come as quick as paying. Good luck with all this.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/07/2007, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

I am not complaining that i dont have my money I am [profanity]because the seller neglects to answer my PM... That is why i let paypal deal with this, because if he doesnt answer there email within a certain time, they refund my money and fight with him... Only time will tell.

Dream

Last edited by dc; 09/08/2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09/08/2007, 11:58 AM
Moved On

I'm def. going to stay away from this guy!!!Hope you guys get a refund.
Old 09/08/2007, 08:17 PM
Premium Member

I have filed a dispute with paypal. I hope I get my $14.00 back. I would not recommend purchasing items from this seller. He does not respond to email or PMs.

0.0!
This is the tale that was told to me by the man with the crystal eye, As I smoked my pipe in the camp-fire light, and the Glories swept the sky; As the Northlights gleamed and curved and streamed, and the bottle of "hooch" was dry. -Robert Service
Old 09/09/2007, 12:23 AM
Registered Member

He has not responded to any of my pms in the last few days. I am now filing a dispute.
Old 09/09/2007, 05:44 AM
Garbologist

sdr209,

Debi sent you a PM about replying to this thread and I know that you read it. If you want to continue to be a member of RC I suggest you post to this thread within the next day or two.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 09/10/2007, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

I have sent a similar message through email and PM several times. I waited two weeks for my trees with no warning about the delay in shipment. I finally asked for a refund a week ago. I have still not received word from the seller.

sdr209, I expect my refund to be sent TODAY! I understand that things happen however I believe I have waited enough! If I do not receive a confirmation (from paypal) by tomorrow that money is being sent I will file a dispute. No more excuses!

There is more than one way to do everything in the reef hobby. Your experience may vary . . .
Old 09/10/2007, 08:36 PM
Premium Member

Just an update. No response from seller. I have tracked the PMs and I know that sdr209 has read them. I wonder why he has not responded?
Old 09/10/2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

My PMs have also been read, with no response.
Old 09/10/2007, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Escalated to a PayPal Claim.
Old 09/10/2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

Ok. I want to apologize to everyone. This was a situation that I did not want to happen nor expect to happen. Not only that but it came at a time when I had a lot of work going on. So I have not forgotton and/or ignore any messages. I posted the post a couple of days ago to inform buyers of what had happened, and then the thread was CLOSED down. So in light of all this I am going to be issuing refunds to all the buyers who paid, by this weekend. Again I am very sorry for this and the delay. sdr209
Old 09/10/2007, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

I don't understand why it will not happen until this weekend. All you have to do is type in 14.00 and the e-mail address.
Old 09/10/2007, 10:19 PM
SEAS President

Feel free to post them in the selling. This isn't the time or place tho.~dc

Last edited by dc; 09/10/2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09/11/2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Actually all he has to do is "refund" each payment in paypal so nobody looses on the fee's they charge.
Old 09/11/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

At this time I suppose I will wait to file my paypal dispute until the weekend. Now, when should I wait until Friday, Saturday or Sunday? How should one know??? I do believe SDR209 will come thru just a matter of when I suppose.