Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/04/2004, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Petsmart could soon become another deathco

I have heard lately rumors that PETsMART is testing the idea of putting saltwater fish in their stores. I do not like this idea AT ALL, and i see what deathco is doing to beutiful marine fish. I hear the main reason that they are probably going to do this, is because they are trying to keep up with the competition of petco. What opinions do you guys have on this? Do you think petsmart could make it work if they would spend the time training employees properly? or do you think this is just a downhill slide that will claim the lives of many fish. Opinions welcome!!
Old 10/04/2004, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Oh, you must be one of the few remaining people whose local petsmart hasn't already made the switch to deathmart. have you seen their FW section lately?

Latest atrocity I've overhead:
"Excuse me, sir, can I really keep one of these fighting fish in a tiny little bowl?"
"Oh yeah, just get one of the 4" x 4" betta cubes and he'll do fine, just drop in some food and change the water twice a month, but it's okay if you forget, they're pretty tough."

Check out my nano-diary! Click my homepage button (the little red house icon)
Old 10/10/2004, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Those places are sooo understaffed.
Old 10/10/2004, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

soundz like it could be a sad thing...

gee..
my wife says i pay more attention to my reef than her!! soo i told her that she could pay my reef some attention TOO!!!!
Old 10/11/2004, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

terrible
Old 10/12/2004, 02:35 PM
LTQ-MS FTW!

Location: University of Cincinnati, Chemistry department(I never leave)
The petsmart by me actually does a real good job with their freshwater stuff... I would check it out - they seem to know what they are doing with their animals... but they might be an odd link in the chain as a whole.
Old 10/12/2004, 11:09 PM
Ocean Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by spamin76
The petsmart by me actually does a real good job with their freshwater stuff... I would check it out - they seem to know what they are doing with their animals... but they might be an odd link in the chain as a whole.
that right maybe they can do a real good job even better than other LFS but since they are chain wholesale there will be a lot of store with peope that dont even know the diference about LR and BR
Old 10/13/2004, 10:52 PM
-

well i think you have to make up your mind, do you want cheap fish and drygood or want good service?

if any store is no good dont shop there us simple as that, the only reason petsmart is still selling is that people go there because its cheaper, are you willing to pay more for good service? if yes search for a good lfs and shop there if not well i see no point in your post