Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/17/2006, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

how durable is your phone

Ok,today I realized that my phone has gone through alot of stuff and it is still working

Most recently I was at busch gardens and I got really wet like 10 times,and then I was standing in line for sheakra and it dropped down the stairs.Well for about two weeks after that the front screen didnt work.Then about a week ago I plugged it into the charger and the front screen started working...

...and then today I was playing with this cat toy that is really bouncy,well its right by a balcony that drops about 15-20 feet onto a tile floor.I was bouncing my phone up and down on it.Well my phone accidently decided to fall off the side 15+ feet to the tile floor.So im like oh profanity removed Because my parents would kill me if my phone broke espescially if it was my fault,because they pay for it.So i heard it hit the ground,and it sounded like something broke.So im like"crap".plus,I dont know what I would do without my phone.So I went downstairs to look at what happened,and the only thing was that the battery fell out of the back.Well my paerents also think that im irresponsible.but still,no broken screens,or anythinkg.so just felt like sharing that story.

does anyone else have anything that has happened that is worse then that,or anything.

~Don't make me wash your mouth out with soap young man.

If you only have one hand will second hand smoking affect you?

Last edited by dc; 09/17/2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09/17/2006, 09:30 AM
Moved In

So far I've not damaged my phone. Dan's pretty hard on them tho.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/17/2006, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

I dropped mine in a tiolet once. Dried it out and it works fine. Thankfully, the water was clean!

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 09/17/2006, 09:57 AM
Moved In

Ewwww...that's gross. Dan's sister dropped her's in the horse trough once, and the numbers 7 and 9 wouldn't work, everything else worked. The prefix in Utah was 789, LOL so she could just recieve them.

Old 09/17/2006, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

my razr went through a full load in the washing machine. Had to replace the battery, but still works great
Old 09/17/2006, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Location: western hemisphere, northern hemisphere, east coast, just south of mason-dixon
i have dropped my cell phone at least 2 dozen times... actually i dropped it again last night, and that time it was even flipped open... everytime i open the back there is saw dust all in it from when i was working construction...
it's funny because just the other day this kid at work decided to bite his cell phone for some reason, when he flipped it oopen the screen was broke...

so a good message to all "Don't bite your phone!"
Old 09/17/2006, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

I have a Treo 650. if the wind blows to hard it seems to break. I sneezed on it once and it short circuited. Im on my 5th one, they stink.

I had an old sanyo 8100 that I dropped in the toilet after an impressive #2, before the flush. I felt bad because I played dumb and took it to the store and the tech was testing it and putting it to his ear. They did replace it, though.

Thank God for insurance!
Old 09/17/2006, 12:17 PM
Reefin' Ain't Easy!

I just have a huge problem of droping the phone, i bet i did it like 50 times since i have had it, over a year. Good thing i have the replacement program
"All the clownfish and yellow tangs in the world can't help you now!" - Peter Griffin
Old 09/17/2006, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Ya,im pretty sure zi have the replacement program,because Im going to need it I think the way I kind of just throw my phone around when im bored.in the 8-10 months that I have had it,I have probably dropped it 200 times and thrown/dropped it on perpose probably 500+ times.(shows you how bored I get)(but then again,Im not very good at estimating).

Its so funny because once when I threw my phone at someone(I was trying to imatate that superbowl commercial with the crime deaterant)and I hit the wall next to him(and my phone was fine),and then he threw his phone at me,and missed(and hit the wall) and the front screen doesnt work on his phone now,lol.

Old 09/17/2006, 12:52 PM
22 And Livin It Up!

i have ran over mine and it has been chewed on by various creatures (kids, cats, dogs, ferets) But being dunked in a glass of water finally did it in. I would start dialing numers all by it's self after the water incident lol

My sister once dropper hers in the tolite too when she was pulling up her pants after ****ing, well the water wasn't exactly clean lol I was laughing my *** off watching her dig it out lol

Click on My Gallery for pics of my tank
Click the little red house for my tank diary!!!
Old 09/17/2006, 12:59 PM
Comme un soleil ensorcelé

Quote:
Originally posted by mandrin13
Its so funny because once when I threw my phone at someone(I was trying to imatate that superbowl commercial with the crime deaterant)
Well, that doesn't make a very good arguement for you whether or not TV and video games effect kids' behavior
Old 09/17/2006, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

cutiwitbooty,that would be really funny to watch,but then again,kind of gross to.

iCam,technicaly im not a kid,im a teenager,you can ask the lady at publix that wouldnt let me get a sample because she said I didnt look 13 or older so my parents had to be there.She got mad at me for telling her that i really was thirteen.And I didnt even tart arguing,but she got mad.That really made me sound imature saying that,lol,but im not as imature as I sound.

Old 09/17/2006, 07:37 PM
22 And Livin It Up!

oh yeah i see they blocked out p-e-e-i-n-g on my tolite story, so i just wanted to make sure people didn't think that mean #2 lol

Click on My Gallery for pics of my tank
Click the little red house for my tank diary!!!
Old 09/17/2006, 07:41 PM
But what do I know?

Quote:
but im not as imature as I sound.
Quote:
because Im going to need it I think the way I kind of just throw my phone around when im bored.in the 8-10 months that I have had it,I have probably dropped it 200 times and thrown/dropped it on perpose probably 500+ times.(shows you how bored I get)(but then again,Im not very good at estimating).
Somehow you prove you are by your previous post. BTW, who pays fro that phone you are throwing around?
Old 09/17/2006, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

you're 13! why do you NEED a phone?

Old 09/18/2006, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

Everyone on here says that,they think that im only 13,why do I need a phone.Well there are lots of reasons,like saety reasons,ans stuff like that,I mean,if my iPod didnt go through the washing machine last year would you say"why do you need an iPod.It just gets really annoying on here,because everyrime I mention I have a phone there are always people that say im to young or something like that.But I guess you can tell it to about every person I no from atleast 6th grade and up,because about every person from 6th grade adn up has a phone.

Well,my parents pay for the phone that I am throwing around,lol.And I bet alot of peole have decided to through there phone alot,but are not imature,but then again,i dont know.lol.

Old 09/18/2006, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
[B]Everyone on here says that,they think that im only 13,why do I need a phone.Well there are lots of reasons,like saety reasons,ans stuff like that,I mean,if my iPod didnt go through the washing machine last year would you say"why do you need an iPod.It just gets really annoying on here,because everyrime I mention I have a phone there are always people that say im to young or something like that.But I guess you can tell it to about every person I no from atleast 6th grade and up,because about every person from 6th grade adn up has a phone.
Hate to be a pain, but then why don't you stop saying you have a phone?
Old 09/18/2006, 08:57 PM
Like my pet shark?

Why are you throwing around a cell phone in the first place?
Old 09/18/2006, 09:22 PM
Where's My Jell-O?

I don't think that I am going to carry my cell phone in my open pocket into the bathroom anymore. There seems to be a common link between cell phones and toilet water!

Melting!
Old 09/18/2006, 09:45 PM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fishy
I don't think that I am going to carry my cell phone in my open pocket into the bathroom anymore. There seems to be a common link between cell phones and toilet water!
no kidding, I carry mine in my purse.

Old 09/18/2006, 10:33 PM
An EEEVEEEL veterinarian?

seems like i've had mine forever. This thing is built like a brick brickhouse. Kinda heavy though.

Old 09/19/2006, 02:12 AM
Zen Reefer

Re: how durable is your phone

Quote:
Ok,today I realized that my phone has gone through alot of stuff and it is still working

Most recently I was at busch gardens and I got really wet like 10 times,and then I was standing in line for sheakra and it dropped down the stairs.Well for about two weeks after that the front screen didnt work.Then about a week ago I plugged it into the charger and the front screen started working...

...and then today I was playing with this cat toy that is really bouncy,well its right by a balcony that drops about 15-20 feet onto a tile floor.I was bouncing my phone up and down on it.Well my phone accidently decided to fall off the side 15+ feet to the tile floor.So im like oh profanity removed Because my parents would kill me if my phone broke espescially if it was my fault,because they pay for it.So i heard it hit the ground,and it sounded like something broke.So im like"crap".plus,I dont know what I would do without my phone.So I went downstairs to look at what happened,and the only thing was that the battery fell out of the back.Well my paerents also think that im irresponsible.but still,no broken screens,or anythinkg.so just felt like sharing that story.

does anyone else have anything that has happened that is worse then that,or anything.

Now why would someone be bouncing a cell phone on a cat toy, On a balcony?? thats just asking for trouble. A cell phone is not a ball or a toy!

Quote:
Ya,im pretty sure zi have the replacement program,because Im going to need it I think the way I kind of just throw my phone around when im bored.in the 8-10 months that I have had it,I have probably dropped it 200 times and thrown/dropped it on perpose probably 500+ times.(shows you how bored I get)(but then again,Im not very good at estimating).

Its so funny because once when I threw my phone at someone(I was trying to imatate that superbowl commercial with the crime deaterant)and I hit the wall next to him(and my phone was fine),and then he threw his phone at me,and missed(and hit the wall) and the front screen doesnt work on his phone now,lol.
oh now thats mature behavor

ORCA Founder
Old 09/19/2006, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

Well if there were ANY reason a 13 year old needed a phone it would be to call the parents. What's wrong with one of those Firefly phones? YOu can call three people, two parental numbers and the police I believe. My neice got a cell phone at 13 too nothing wrong with a calling card and a pay phone IMO. I think you've proven by your posts what's wrong with a 13 year old having a cell phone they aren't responsible for paying for. They treat it like a 5 year old treats a toy. Show some respect for your parents and the money they spend on you. I'm sure they would much rather spend it on themselves. Or if you are going to continue to treat your phone like crap at least help pay for it.

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland
Old 09/19/2006, 09:45 AM
Where's My Jell-O?

I used to have one of the bag phones, too! I miss my bag phone! None of this "you're breaking up", no reception pooh! I HATE my flip phone! Contracts almost up!

Melting!
Old 09/19/2006, 11:27 AM
Shh... We're fishing.

When I was in Siesta Key, the ocean swallowed my phone.

For the $50 deductible, they had it to me the next day.

Arriving home from Siesta Key, I threw my purse down and put my suitcase down on top to give a bear hug.
Weellll..... I put one of the mini suitcase legs on top of my purse, and crushed my phone's screen. My 3 day old phone.

If I made another claim, the insurance would have dropped me.
So, $5 insurance x 12 months = $60 + $50 deductible = $110

Which is what I typically pay for my phone anyway. Just not worth it to me, because except for that bad week... it's rare that I break a phone.