Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/03/2002, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

What unusual animals do you keep in your 'fuge??

I added a striated frogfish to my refugium several months ago and I wondered what unusual animals anyone else is keeping in their 'fuge.

The angler has worked out really well. It is very much at home in the dense gracilaria macroalgae and the end product of its two large weekly meals is quickly used by the sand bed critters. Obviously it does not eat anything as small as the animals that we want to cultivate in our refugiums. Anybody else found similar things to make their 'fuge more interesting?
Old 07/03/2002, 01:39 PM
Where's my mule?

I moved my scarlet reef hermits to my 'fuge. Not unusual, but I had to get rid of those Turbo snail murderin' bastiges somehow!

Steve
8{I