Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Zoanthids

Old 12/13/2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

i think you might be right...but where would you find a water pick? i can rub some off with my finger and scrape the rest off with me finger nail...
Old 01/10/2008, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

So any luck so far? My zoas are opening up more and more. My candy apple greens, which had melted away to 1 polyp, has grown a new polyp and just opened half way yesterday. Thats such great news for me, that frag has been closed for over 6 months straight. Now if my candy apple reds would only open, i will be in the clear.

I switched salts to Red Sea. I upped my WC amount to about 30-35% weekly coupled with phoslock, carbon, new bulbs, upgraded skimmer thru mods, added another 1000gph, changed all my RO filters, added 30lbs of rock, stir the sand, syphon, and I take each frag daily and let it get blasted by a MJ1200 for a few seconds.

I might be getting the upper hand finally. I've got a long way to go, but its nice to see a positive response.
Old 01/10/2008, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

didn't read the whole post but i had something similar. i added seachem reef plus and in a week they all opened up again.

something to try...
Old 01/11/2008, 12:50 AM
Pufferkrazy!

Lots of vitamin C in Reef Plus. Check into the "Treating With Vitamin C" thread we have going here.