Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/28/2006, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

My tank is melting...help

I have a tank mounted metal halide lighting system. It is 150 watts and is melting the plastic support beam that is running the width of my reef ready tank. Any advice? I cannot hang the lights from the ceiling because I am using this in a school.

Help
Old 09/28/2006, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Is this accross the middle? You can get some scrap acrylic and make a shield over the brace to protect it. or about anything that you can find.
Old 09/28/2006, 05:28 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
you need to raise the pendant....

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 09/28/2006, 06:27 PM
Where's My Jell-O?

You could actually build a stand out of wood to support the light I believe. Someone else who had their aquarium in their hallway or entry way did this and right at the moment I can't seem to find the thread, but I am positive that is how they were able to suspend it above the aquarium. I believe it showed pictures of the stand that he made. I will keep looking to see if I can find it. Unless, someone else knows the thread I am talking about and is subscribed to that thread can post a link for you.

Melting!