Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/24/2005, 11:21 AM
corro corro is offline
Premium Member

Location: utah
skyedolphan: nice! They look great!
__________________
You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. --Walter Sobchak
Old 03/24/2005, 11:29 AM
Ben Ben is offline
Registered Member

Location: Paoli, PA
Looks good. I am also still waiting, seems most the people involed in this were from CA. I'll post pics when everything arrives!
__________________
Happy reef keeping!
Old 03/24/2005, 11:55 AM
alexchern75 alexchern75 is offline
Got Pictures?

Location: Sacramento Ca.
Ben, the pretty ones I sent are in a finger tip shaped rock I believe. although it looks small due to the arrangement , you'll be able to count about 10 polyps not counting the extra piece of mistery zoas
__________________
Alex.
To see more pics, please click on my red house :)
Digital Rebel XT Addict
Now Open Water Scuba Certified :)
Old 03/24/2005, 12:02 PM
BKtomodachi BKtomodachi is offline
Registered Member

Location: Idaho
USPS needs to hurry themselves up! I've got nothing.
__________________
Quentin
Old 03/24/2005, 12:33 PM
skyedolphan skyedolphan is offline
HMMM........

Location: RI
ya the first pic was from Cali we choose tog o overnite he sent mine to me at around 500 pm our time I got the call and they arrived here at 930 am our time definately worth the extra money to ensure survival IMO
__________________
120 mix reef 2x250MH DE,100gallon sump, too many fish LOL,elegance 5years, many zoas and rics and SPS basicallly a total mixed reef running smoothly ;)
Old 03/24/2005, 12:46 PM
Scribe Scribe is offline
Registered Member

Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pa
skyedolphan,
I saw your pictures and couldn't figure out which was mine....they look a lot different in you tank then mine. I hope your happy with them. The ones you sent were opening up last night and are lookin nice.
Old 03/24/2005, 03:15 PM
skyedolphan skyedolphan is offline
HMMM........

Location: RI
Hi Guy the second pic is from you LOL
hope you like yours please post a pic when able to
__________________
Old 03/24/2005, 03:18 PM
Scribe Scribe is offline
Registered Member

Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pa
They should be open up tonight. They were about 50% last night. I'll get a pic up soon. thanks again.....

Thank you too Sarduci for setting this up.
Old 03/24/2005, 03:24 PM
BKtomodachi BKtomodachi is offline
Registered Member

Location: Idaho
Woo! Both mine are here now! I dipped, then into the tank. We'll see what happens, although both beg water temperatures were under 50 degrees.
__________________
Quentin
Old 03/24/2005, 03:43 PM
blide blide is offline
Premium Member

Location: Sherman, TX
Well swap went successful with Izsabelle from TX to Cali, but my other partner toddfreshman is MIA. I guess I will give it another day or so...
Old 03/24/2005, 04:21 PM
nine9d nine9d is offline
Premium Member

Location: New York
I got mine also. Both of them. I wasn't able to check them out but acclimated and placed in tank. I'll let you all know later.

I know one of my guys got them but have not heard from the other yet. Thanks.
__________________
"Time out" was the time it took my father to change from the strap to a paddle. - GeoB

hvreef.org webmaster
Old 03/24/2005, 06:20 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Creetin
Well my trading partner apearantly does not know who i am.
Hmmmm. I did get a package from my other trading partner, But that came in on a different name as sarduci sent me.

I'm working out the details of that. Didn't you confirm with your people before sending?
Old 03/24/2005, 06:22 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Re: Thermos ?

Quote:
Originally posted by GordonA
Was the thermos of choice the wally word "Campbells Soup" thermos?...Mine was for $3.94 ea
Well, it was the example one we used. My WallyWorld didn't have them on the shelf (go figure they were there yesterday) so I went to Target and picked up two of them that'd fit the frags I sent.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:24 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Yeah, ok, I'm trying to figure out what happened here. I'm going to look through the e-mails that I sent and see if I can figure out why this is happened.

Quote:
Originally posted by trueblackpercula
OK i have a huge problem . I was sent an email that pyro was my zoo swap partner. i sent my zoos to his address and he has recieved them. i also have received my zoos from my partner as well. But this is the problem i have been talking to the wrong person thru private massage(Creetin).now creetin has told me that he has sent me zoos as well whats going on. by the way i sent over 8 frags thinking i was doing the wright thing NOW WHAT. this is what was sent to me by email.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:32 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Here's that chunk of the list from the e-mail I sent. If anyone had something different, please let me know. I'm going through all of my sent e-mails and they look correct.

#36 awcurl
#37 creetin
#38 trueblackpercula
#39 Pyro383
#40 GordonA

So yes, creetin and you would trade and also you and pyro383. Unless something else was arranged? I have like 600+ e-mals all related to this I'll have to look through tomorrow and this weekend.

Last edited by sarduci; 03/24/2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:35 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
FYI - NY to WI is 3 days (ship Monday, got today), so is CO to WI apparently (shipped Tuesday, don't have them yet)..... Hopefully after the smell that came out of the first one when I opened it they'll live..... gack, tossed my cookies from the rotten egg smell...... Had to go to Hardees again and get another burger.... ggguuuuuhhhhh.......

Though, it could have been the burger to start with.....

Last edited by sarduci; 03/24/2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:38 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Exclamation For NON-COMPLETE TRADES!!!!!!!

Anyone who TALKED with their partner and SENT and didn't receive anything by 5pm on 3/24/05 please let me know.

If you didn't talk to them and you sent, I specifically tried to avoid that by giving out e-mail, RC screen name, and phone if they gave it.

If you didn't hear from them and didn't send, that's fine just let me know who it was. I had three people today ask me for info again so they could send next day air...... *sigh*

Last edited by sarduci; 03/24/2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:44 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Talking

....And a big round of THANK YOUS!!!!!! to everyone who participated!!

I know some people had issues, and I apologize for that. But the majority have been fine.

It seems that the more people talked, the less issues we had. The less people talked (or not at all in one persons case who sent out to two people he never heard from..) seem to have issues........
Old 03/24/2005, 06:48 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
I'm heading to my gf's tonight so I won't have net access unless she kicks me out for ignoring her for the past few days... =?P

If anyone needs anything, the e-mail address for the swap will always be available and I just cleaned out my PM box.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:52 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Oh, and as an asside to this all, I think the next swap may be a 2 frag per person or a 3 frag per person swap with one other person. I'm still trying to decide if it's going to be zoanthids. shrooms, or rics.
Old 03/24/2005, 06:53 PM
sarduci sarduci is offline
Red Wizard is on a diet!

Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Well, since I posted 9 times in a row I figured I'd just make it 10.

=?)
Old 03/24/2005, 07:08 PM
joseney21 joseney21 is offline
Premium Member

Location: Bronx, New York
that sounds cool for the next swap......the more frags the better it makes it more worthwhile.count me in.....
__________________
what the human mind can conceive and believe, the human mind can achieve...
Old 03/24/2005, 07:48 PM
SuperFishy SuperFishy is offline
Registered Member

i sent out 10 zoa frags and i got the same amount of frags back in sps and zoas
sad to say, some wont make it for either me or my partner, but this trade was totally worth it.
thanks sarduci(for setting this up) and Reeferjerm(for the trade)
Old 03/24/2005, 07:49 PM
CritterZ CritterZ is offline
Registered Member

Location: City with no LFS - Vallejo