Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/03/2003, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Have to move my 100g or maybe sell....

I just found out that my Brother-in-law is having to move. My tank has been over at his apt. since i've been moving and waiting for my house to finish building which will be maybe july.

Anyways I dont know that I will be able to find a place to reset it back up, which is sad because I have some huge LPS and softies in that tank that I've had for 2-4 yrs along with some nice fat healthy fish I've had for the same time.

I dont know what to do...... If I move it it will be a move this month then again and a few months when I get my 375 ready and its a PITA to move that tank and reset up.... Will LFS hold stuff? I dont know that I would even trust a LFS to hold them.

Any ideas?????

If it comes down to it, I may unfortulatly have to sell

Steve
Old 04/03/2003, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

If you have a relationship with your LFS then they will probably hold them for you. But holding them til July maybe the biggest issue.
Old 04/03/2003, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

I've been there before myself, so I totally understand. Fortunately, I was able to have a nearby facility hold my livestock for me. If the LFS is reluctant to hold them for you try a local aquarium club. Your best bet may be to part with the livestock you have by auctioning off your peices at a local aquarium club auction. It can be difficult to part with nice pieces, but it may be your only option. First check with the lfs that you have purchased your items from. If they agree, supply them with a list of the items that you bring to them on transport day and keep a copy for yourself. Good luck.
Old 04/03/2003, 09:26 PM
Master of my Domain

I’m not sure of how much stuff you have or how big they are so I don’t know how feasible this idea is, but would they fit in a few Rubbermaid containers? This will enable you to break down the tank, and hold your inhabitants in a small space. You can setup a Rubbermaid for your corals, one for your fish, and get yourself a 30 gallon garbage container and place your rock and sand in it. Of course each will need some sort of filtration, water movement, and the lights for at least the corals, but you get to keep your fish and corals. You can then place the tank and whatever equipment you are not using in a storage facility or ask someone to hold it for you. Once everything is in containers, it does make moving a bit easier.

HTH

Manny……..