Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)

Old 10/04/2007, 12:36 AM
Member Registered

Super live sand f/s

I have two 40 + gal garbage cans full of live sand right now. It was just taken out of a tank that is more than 5 years old. I am selling it for $35 for a full 5 gal bucket if you supply your own bucket. Otherwise $40 for full bucket and I will include the bucket and lid. Act fast because it won't be live for long. I will keep heaters and pumps in the cans but that will only keep so long. You can pick up at my house in San Jose or I can meet you at a fish store in Sunnyvale on Sunday. I might also be able to bring it to the meeting on Sat if I decide to go. People buying sand would sure encourage me to go.
Old 10/04/2007, 12:39 AM
Member Registered

Next BAR meeting is on the 13th. Not this Saturday. I can load up one of the garbage cans on the back of my pickup and dish it out into your bucket if you bring one.
Old 10/08/2007, 02:27 AM
Member Registered

Nobody? How about $30 to fill your 5 gal bucket or $35 with a new bucket and lid. I will also sell it for $1/lb. for smaller quantities. I will consider trades but I don't really need much. Maybe non-reef items?
Old 10/08/2007, 11:52 PM
Ugly fishes need love too

Here's your chance to set up remote DSB in a bucket for keeping your nitrates down, guys
Old 10/09/2007, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 10/09/2007, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

Got a question for you about it. My tank is a bare bottom tank that I am pretty much ready to go back to a DSB or at a minimum a SSB. Would I have more problems using existing sand such as this since I always read it can cause problem when "stirred up" or am I better off just buying some non live sand? If you don't think it would cause problem with my livestock I would be in for a decent amount (have a 72g tank).
Old 10/09/2007, 04:28 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Brian, I like how your BBtank looks.. nice and clean...

" Charles V "
Old 10/09/2007, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

I am beginning to not like it much. The jury is still out though, but I am seriously considering bagging it an going back to the tride an true method.
Old 10/09/2007, 04:38 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

cant you just do a DSB in your sump? and keep the main tank BB?

" Charles V "