Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/16/2007, 07:40 PM
Zoa's ROCK!!!

I have never had sushi or sashimi or what ev. and was just curious as what it was exactly. Thanks!
Old 07/16/2007, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by paljets
I'm a upstanding member of PETA..

People for the eating of Tasty animals

-paul
I'm with paul on this one
Old 08/05/2007, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Veg here!

I've been Vegan ( no meat, no dairy, no eggs, no honey, nothing animal derived!) for almost 9 years, and have never been in better health.

I am surprised by the posts in this thread.

A Vegan or Vegetarian diet is very healthy and effective at preventing and controlling many illnesses.

A plant based diet is endorsed by not only the World Health Organization (WHO) but also the American Heart Association, and the American Cancer Society.
If done correctly, A plant based diet provides all essential amino acids and vitamins required by the human body.
(Plus the level of antioxidants is through the roof. I look younger every year! LOL!!)

They say 27 Billion animals are slaughtered every year in the US to feed us.
That's a lot of killing.
That's a lot of resources.
(Funny how 80% of the corn grown in the US feeds cattle not people. Now that corn is being used for ethanol, dairy prices are going up. The reason a salad still costs more than a burger? Subsidization.) Enough rhetoric! LOL!!!

I used to be a "lazy" Vegan and my health suffered. (Pringles are Vegan after all, LOL!!!)
I consulted with a Registered Dietician and have become extremely conscious of what I eat, as everyone should, Veg or not.

I follow the "eat to live" philosophy, not the "live to eat" mantra our society embraces. (How many overweight people do you know?)

Click my red house for factual, truthful information about going Veg.

For the local eating scene, azvegan (dot com) has a detailed restaurant listing.

Oh yeah, Morning Star uses eggs in most of their products. Battery cage eggs. IMO, what's the point?

The truth is more shocking than the lie. Watch Earthlings on dvd.
Old 08/05/2007, 03:26 PM
Zoa's ROCK!!!

YEA!!!! Pm sent to vegan man!