Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/16/2007, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

3/4 inch gate valve

Anybody know of a local supplier that stocks gate valves? They're kinda steep at Marine Depot. Savko has them, but I've never dealt with them. Kinda want to get my hands on one locally if possible to experiment with some different pumps on an old Aqua C skimmer I have.
Old 06/16/2007, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

I heard in another thread (maybe one by dmbillies) that ACE hardware has them. Maybe it was Angela who was saying that...

EDIT: Yeah, gate valves have been in the news lately:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1116231

and

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1123747
Old 06/17/2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Yes, the ace off nolensville road had 1.5 inch and I just reduced mine down to 1.25 to make it work for my skimmer mod. I would call first because I think I got the last one with glue in fittings but they had threaded end ones I think left.

Don't judge me because I can't spell. I use my brain space for more important things, like thinking of a fancy user name
Old 06/17/2007, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, Angela. I didn't get out there today because the Nolensville Road Ace is closed on Sundays. The Ace in Donnelson doesn't have true gate valves. I'm trying to throttle back a couple of over-rated pumps on a skimmer to up performance, and the ball valve on there now just isn't precise enough for me to dial it in just right.