Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/06/2008, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Beautiful fish.

It's been a while since I researched Anthias. I didn't have much luck with the Lyretails and they were supposed to be some of the hardiest of all.

I'm new to the Red Stripe. Are they hardy and expensive?

Thanks
Old 01/06/2008, 06:55 PM
Patient Reefer

What are you feeding the Anthias? How did the other fish respond to them?
Old 01/06/2008, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

WOW, Joe!

Looks amazing, what a great school.

I Brake for FRAGS!
Tampa Bay Reef Club
Old 01/06/2008, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Joe,

This tank is awesome. You know I really, really love the light rack and how easy it is to manuever. Also, I love those Anthias too. How is the stand/canopy coming along?
Old 01/07/2008, 03:18 AM
Registered Member

the red stripe are considered very hardy but are usually hard to get and therefore expensive. However I was able to get these for much much less than Ive seen lately. We reefers here in Tampa are fortunate to have one of the best LFS in our own backyard and they often get their hands on great fish.

Im feeding them a mixture of mysis and cyclopeze soaked in selcon. I fed them about 5 times yesterday. They already beg like crazy . I was concerned I wouldnt see them for sometime after first introducing them to the tank because they are considered lower light fish and I have 3x400 watts on this tank but since the first feeding they all have been front and center
Old 01/07/2008, 03:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NUBIANTANGLOVER
Joe,

This tank is awesome. You know I really, really love the light rack and how easy it is to manuever. Also, I love those Anthias too. How is the stand/canopy coming along?
i love the light assembly too.. its easily removed and moved, and best of all it cost about 80.00 total.... The canopy is inching along. Im making it with the help of Carol (reefartist) an hopefully it will be completed in a month. Actually Im helping (watching) Carol make it . I broke a bone in my hand and probably wont do much else til the splint comes off in February. The stand is a ways off. I may redo the plumbing and manifold feeds to my reactors because space is a big concern.. and that will have to be done before he stand even begins.
Old 01/07/2008, 05:53 AM
Underground Art Studio

Hey Joe - Boo-Hoo . Actually it will be finished this week, only one more coat to go but I'd like to spray it on. I removed the last coat because I didn't like it and redid that coat yesterday - yes I am picky . So, either today or tomorrow the last coat will be added.
Old 01/07/2008, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

picky is good
Old 01/07/2008, 09:14 AM
out of work reefer...

looks great.was you happy with the tank from glasscages?I was going to get one from them but found one local instead.maybe for the next upgrade I`ll try them
Old 01/07/2008, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

no complaints at all about the gc tank..
Old 01/07/2008, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

nice tank