Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 04:26 AM
Registered Member

mystery wrasse + flame hawk + cherub pygmy in BB

1) would these fish be compatible?

2) would the mystery wrasse be okay in a BB tank? if not, I would appreciate any recommendations for a suitable wrasse for a BB tank that is compatible with the other fish

thanks!
Old 12/27/2007, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

I have a mystery wrasse (3.5-4") and flame hawk together, no problems. The flame was added well after the mystery. A little chasing at first and curious inspections but no real aggression. I do have a SSB.
Old 12/27/2007, 12:00 PM
Premium Member

I see no problem with compatability. Also, do some additional digging to make sure the mystery wrasse doesn't need a sand bed to sleep in. I don't know the answer to that, but you need to know before you add it to your tank.

I've got a mystery wrasse in a 40 gallon with a Potter's angel and two clowns. I used to have a flame hawk in there before the clowns were added and all was well. You should be fine as long as your tank is as big or bigger.

If possible, I would add the pygmy angel last - they can be cantankerous, even with bigger fish.
Old 12/27/2007, 02:32 PM
Premium Member

No problem unless you have shrimp.

~Steve~
Old 12/27/2007, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the input. No shrimp or crabs planned for this setup. snorvich when you say no problem do you mean that no substrate will be okay as well?
Old 12/27/2007, 06:09 PM
King of the Apes

I'm pretty sure the mystery wrasse doesnt sleep in sand, so it would be fine.