Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiast's Association (C-SEA)

Old 09/01/2007, 05:06 PM
out of work reefer...

help with calcium monitor

have a pinpoint monitor I am trying to recail it this month.But it keeps giving me a err when I hit the enter button.Now I have the 100 solution way above the white dots on the probe but it will not cail

any ideas? never have had this problem before
Old 09/01/2007, 06:06 PM
RC Sponsor

I do not have a ton of hands on with these but from the troubleshooting guide I copyied this info not sure but maybe you already did this...............

If the PINPOINT™ Calcium Monitor show "err" at any part of the calibration process it is recommended that you re-build the probe. Remove the electrolyte fluid from inside the probe by shaking the open fill hole over a sink. Unscrew the gray PVC calcium tip from the end of the probe. Clean all surfaces of the probe body and calcium tip with a damp paper towel. Insert a Q-tip into the probe body to clean the inside surfaces. Allow the probe tip and probe body to air dry. Reinstall the probe tip by tightly screwing it to the probe body. Fill the probe with fresh electrolyte fluid. Recalibrate using the 100ppm and 1,000ppm Ca+ standards. Calibration Fluids can be reused until they no longer calibrate the meter.
Old 09/01/2007, 06:09 PM
out of work reefer...

yup shawn did that still get err
Old 09/01/2007, 06:35 PM
RC Sponsor

Well I admit I dont know a ton about the problem and have only really used them a couple times with people. But I can say that if you dont get an answer here or on another forum on RC, Lou at Pinpoint is great to work with and I am sure will know or help
Old 09/01/2007, 07:32 PM
out of work reefer...

shawn do you have a number I can call him?
Old 09/01/2007, 07:38 PM
RC Sponsor

This one should get you there. I know at times you leave a message and he calls you back 800-925-4689
Old 09/01/2007, 07:47 PM
out of work reefer...

thanks buddy!!