Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences

Old 06/19/2007, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Aquatic Connection ???

Anybody familiar with how their livestock is?

I want a pair of mated banded coral shrimp and they have em but I never ordered from them so I figured I would ask first.
Old 06/20/2007, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

No!! Many threads on here about AquaCON,99 percent bad! Im still trying to figure out how there in business ?
Old 06/20/2007, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

bad bad bad bad bad bad...oh did i say that they were bad......the name says it all CON...STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!!!
Old 06/20/2007, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

WHEW !!!!!!

Thanks guys, I will take the advice.
Old 07/04/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Try sea life inc...they are great and should be able to get you a banded shrimp pair.

Beth
Old 07/05/2007, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

I must agree. They are horrible. Overcharged my credit card $300 and now am fighting with my credit card company to get it back! True scam artists.
Old 07/06/2007, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

wrasseguy2, what happened to you?

I just oreder a Red Sea Regal Angel throught hem.
Old 07/06/2007, 01:18 PM
Premium Member

this was a couple years back i tired to get a wrasse from them...told me it was coming then never could get them to answer anything...long story short i never got my fish and i was charged for it...i did get the money back had to do some fighting though...these people are the scum of the earth!!!!!!!!!just my what i think about them
Old 07/09/2007, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Well, guys, I had a good experience with them.
The proper amount charged, a call the night before to confirm shipping and an e-mail from Fed Ex. The fish came in healty and professionaly packaged.
Overall I had a good experience with them. I would order from them again.
Old 07/09/2007, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Well Big Boy, you are one of the few that have had luck with them. Kind of like winning the Mega-Million lottery with them. In fact you probably have better odds of winning the lotto than getting decent service, the right product,not being overcharged Check BBB results about them ( may be also under Aquacon). I think they changed their name to pull the wool over everybodys eyes.
Aquatic Connection
____ ___

Different name. Same old lousy service.
Old 07/09/2007, 06:47 PM
Premium Member

I actually had alot typed out, but decided to just warn you to stay away.
Old 07/09/2007, 08:34 PM
Premium Member

wow...you were lucky i am glad to hear everything worked out...i know i would not chance it again...i can't say what i think about them!!!!!!
Old 07/12/2007, 07:11 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10305864#post10305864 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by broke1
I actually had alot typed out, but decided to just warn you to stay away.
I just thought I would add a little something here. In the end after contesting the charges on our credit card, we ended up having to eat the enitre order, even though a majority of it was DieingOA.

It did take the order 2 days to get to us, even though we overpaid for "OVERNIGHT" shipping. We were not reimbursed for any of the shipping, although I have a feeling they may have been(unconfirmed and just speculation on my part, but if I shipped out something overnight and it didn't get there in that amount of time, I would be calling my shipper, but who knows).

They were actually very helpful on the phone, but when it came to the money issues, we weren't able to come to any agreements.
Old 07/12/2007, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

How these people are still in business, i ll never know, talk scammers and animal abuse ? look at their track record, It makes me sick !!!!!