Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/06/2006, 03:51 PM
Tailspot Blenny

Carbon Fiber Tripod System is here!

Just got my Feisol Carbon Fiber Tripod system!

I got the cf legs, cf ball head, cf center column, cf quick release plate, cf monopod, etc. etc. ALL carbon fiber. The ball head can hold up to 44 lbs!

Plus everything's like a pound.

w00t

I will post pix of the tripod and the pix I can take with it =)
Old 04/06/2006, 06:21 PM
RC Mod

I've been thinking of getting a new ballhead- so please do report back on how you like it!
Old 04/06/2006, 06:35 PM
Tailspot Blenny

yessir!

I got a demo from my co-worker's setup (almost the same as mine, but I have 3 section and he has the 4 section). The ballhead was awesome! There's a friciton nob for I think only the paning or for both, a locking latch thing of course for the ball, and a panning lock. It's also pretty beefy and can hold 44lbs so I guess that's good. it's also carbon fiber so it's not heavy at all. other than that, it has a cf quick release plate.

That's just the description of it, but I'll give a review of it when I set it up tonight to take some pix of my tanks
Old 04/06/2006, 06:39 PM
RC Mod

I looked at the website and called their local dealer- it's only about 40 miles away from me so I'm gonna drive over and take a look at it in person. Did you get the small ballhead or the bigger one?
Old 04/06/2006, 06:44 PM
Tailspot Blenny

i got the 50H, smaller one. The bigger one was way too big for anything I'd ever need. The bigger is a 70H, and can hold 83lbs...

not sure if your lens and camera could ever be that heavy...
Old 04/06/2006, 07:02 PM
RC Mod

Well I look forward to hearing your report.
Greg